A lot
- 1 (9.1%)
A ton
- 1 (9.1%)
All of it
- 3 (27.3%)

Total Members Voted: 11

Pages: 1 ... 206 207 [208] 209 210 ... 249

Author Topic: Cobalt Fortress: Days 48 onward: This is the spring of our discontent  (Read 142607 times)

V-Norrec

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: Cobalt Fortress: Days 19-25: Aftermath of the Mild Anxiety
« Reply #3105 on: January 06, 2011, 08:33:51 pm »

We don't have surface seeds we can plant yet >.>  We need to go scavage some up which I've been trying to do while hunting for a while.

Nirur Torir

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #3106 on: January 06, 2011, 08:38:44 pm »

We will after you've made some more delicious booze. I added in a conditional to the order, though.

Rolan7

• Bay Watcher
  • [GUE'VESA][BONECARN]
    • View Profile
« Reply #3107 on: January 06, 2011, 09:02:54 pm »

We don't have surface seeds we can plant yet >.>  We need to go scavage some up which I've been trying to do while hunting for a while.

Oops good point.  I was thinking of the trailberries, but they specifically cannot be grown in controlled conditions (like bloated tubers lol).  Other than that I think I only gathered forest truffles.  What about exposing some logs to the forest truffles?  Kinda like plump helmet farming.
She/they
No justice: no peace.
Quote from: Fallen London, one Unthinkable Hope
This one didn't want to be who they was. On the Surface – it was a dull, unconsidered sadness. But everything changed. Which implied everything could change.

FuzzyZergling

• Bay Watcher
  • Zergin' erry day.
    • View Profile
« Reply #3108 on: January 06, 2011, 09:15:22 pm »

I wonder if my Fungus Worker specialization counts toward truffles?
I may not be a sky farmer, but I may be able to help in this specific case.

Shade-o

• Bay Watcher
  • It's my greatest creation yet!
    • View Profile
« Reply #3109 on: January 06, 2011, 09:16:40 pm »

So when are you leaving and what are you bringing with you?

Adil is certain that there are Elves in that part of the forest, and they are sure to find you if you wander into their territory.

And yes, Fungus and Plant Farmer count for both subterranean and surface varieties. There are more plants on the surface and more mushrooms underground, of course.
« Last Edit: January 06, 2011, 09:28:11 pm by Shade-o »
Apparently having a redundant creature entry causes the game to say, "Oh, look, it's crazy world now. Nothing makes sense! Alligators live in houses!"

IronyOwl

• Bay Watcher
  • Nope~
    • View Profile
« Reply #3110 on: January 06, 2011, 09:32:34 pm »

I'd kind of like to go visit the elves. I'm an ultra-pulchritudinous artisan priest with several pets, so I might be good for negotiations as well.

That said, I'll remain behind if that'd be better.
Quote from: Radio Controlled (Discord)
A hand, a hand, my kingdom for a hot hand!
The kitchenette mold free, you move on to the pantry. it's nasty in there. The bacon is grazing on the lettuce. The ham is having an illicit affair with the prime rib, The potatoes see all, know all. A rat in boxer shorts smoking a foul smelling cigar is banging on a cabinet shouting about rent money.

FuzzyZergling

• Bay Watcher
  • Zergin' erry day.
    • View Profile
« Reply #3111 on: January 06, 2011, 09:34:17 pm »

Just a question, feel free to not answer: Exactly how better can I grow mushrooms that another farmer at my level, but without Fungus Worker and Living Touch?

V-Norrec

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #3112 on: January 06, 2011, 11:37:48 pm »

It's probably best if no more than 5 go.

Hastur

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #3113 on: January 06, 2011, 11:42:01 pm »

Sandow is going, his gesture and lying  skill will probably be needed but if somone actually speaks elfish i wont go. He takes his golem carrying some bins. Trail rations based on how long it takes to get there, Anything people want to give me to trade, my skirmish chicken, and if anyone wants anything give me a note by message and i'll see what i can do. from the public supplies i put 2 iron daggers 2 shovels and 2 picks in a backpack and put it on the golem.

"give me a list of desired supplies and i'll see what i can do, if anyone wants to send something to trade put it in the golems backpack, anything big and pack it on a mule, i know how to handle those things well enough."

V-Norrec

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #3114 on: January 06, 2011, 11:51:11 pm »

We want food and booze Hastur, ONLY food and booze, if you come back with something that is not food or booze, or a container to carry food or booze in, I will be most upset unless you were trading personal possessions for it.  I'll leave it up to Nirur whether you can take public supplies, but you certainly shouldn't be buying anything other than food or booze (and maybe seeds the mature obnoxiously fast, I'd accept that too)
« Last Edit: January 06, 2011, 11:58:10 pm by V-Norrec »

Rolan7

• Bay Watcher
  • [GUE'VESA][BONECARN]
    • View Profile
« Reply #3115 on: January 07, 2011, 12:10:13 am »

Sandow is going, his gesture and lying  skill will probably be needed but if somone actually speaks elfish i wont go. He takes his golem carrying some bins. Trail rations based on how long it takes to get there, Anything people want to give me to trade, my skirmish chicken, and if anyone wants anything give me a note by message and i'll see what i can do. from the public supplies i put 2 iron daggers 2 shovels and 2 picks in a backpack and put it on the golem.

"give me a list of desired supplies and i'll see what i can do, if anyone wants to send something to trade put it in the golems backpack, anything big and pack it on a mule, i know how to handle those things well enough."

Sounds good.  The language barrier hadn't occurred to me, I'm pretty sure none of us speak elvish, so we may be communicating through hand guestures. because I know elvish dur hur.

I'll bring:
My axe
On belt:
  My purring maggot
  Waterskin
  My chicken
My backpack (20 capacity) full of plump helmet, and a granite bowl.
My leather armor
Denrhymed

I think this is all okay ((it's copied from a PM)).  No crossbow - too heavy and threatening, and no good against the treants the elves are fighting.  Oh, yeah, did I mention the evil treants?  The elves are fighting them.
« Last Edit: January 07, 2011, 01:07:54 am by Rolan7 »
She/they
This one didn't want to be who they was. On the Surface – it was a dull, unconsidered sadness. But everything changed. Which implied everything could change.

Shade-o

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #3116 on: January 07, 2011, 12:58:47 am »

Rolan, YOU speak Elvish.

And somebody with some sort of authority (Kogan?) say when the group is leaving and what, if anything they are bringing to trade.
« Last Edit: January 07, 2011, 01:25:02 am by Shade-o »
Apparently having a redundant creature entry causes the game to say, "Oh, look, it's crazy world now. Nothing makes sense! Alligators live in houses!"

Rolan7

• Bay Watcher
  • [GUE'VESA][BONECARN]
    • View Profile
« Reply #3117 on: January 07, 2011, 01:09:01 am »

Rolan, YOU speak Elvish.

:o
Fixed, thanks!
She/they

V-Norrec

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #3118 on: January 07, 2011, 01:32:04 am »

Perhaps it's just me, but your avatar is no longer loading for me Shade-o :(

Shade-o

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #3119 on: January 07, 2011, 01:33:48 am »

Waiting for somebody to say when you're leaving and what you're taking.
« Last Edit: January 07, 2011, 06:10:43 pm by Shade-o »
Pages: 1 ... 206 207 [208] 209 210 ... 249