A lot
- 1 (9.1%)
A ton
- 1 (9.1%)
All of it
- 3 (27.3%)

Total Members Voted: 11

Pages: 1 ... 205 206 [207] 208 209 ... 249

Author Topic: Cobalt Fortress: Days 48 onward: This is the spring of our discontent  (Read 142707 times)

Ochita

• Bay Watcher
  • Doofus ghostus
    • View Profile
Re: Cobalt Fortress: Days 19-25: Aftermath of the Mild Anxiety
« Reply #3090 on: January 06, 2011, 12:44:17 pm »

"Well I think maybe we should wait for gar? There is the whole safety in numbers thing, anyway I would like to meet the elves. They would give me some inspiration. Yeah, I want to see how my crafts would go down with them."
Quote from: Freeform
princest zaldo of hurl kindom: the mushroom aren't going to choice itself, ochita

Rolan7

• Bay Watcher
  • [GUE'VESA][BONECARN]
    • View Profile
« Reply #3091 on: January 06, 2011, 12:48:22 pm »

"Okay... okay, I can wait.  We can wait.  Sorry I lashed out - at you, that is."
((Sorry for bumping the thread so much))
She/they
No justice: no peace.
Quote from: Fallen London, one Unthinkable Hope
This one didn't want to be who they was. On the Surface – it was a dull, unconsidered sadness. But everything changed. Which implied everything could change.

V-Norrec

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #3092 on: January 06, 2011, 01:25:34 pm »

"I don't think running off searching for reclusive elves is the best idea in the world, it it is what you want to do though, I suppose I can't stop you.  Be safe Urist."

CoughDrop

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #3093 on: January 06, 2011, 01:33:02 pm »

Gar, in regards to that northern room; we have a staircase that allows you to build above and below the entrance level. I'd suggest you make your room around there. Of course, gathering food is probably even more important for now.

Shade-o: Do we know exactly where these elves are? I don't want to spend two weeks traveling to come back empty handed.

Hastur's Golem would best be put to use hulling stuff to trade for food. The expeditionary team should include Hastur, Adil, myself, probably Shem for defense, and perhaps one or two more. Nirur will be in charge while we are gone.

If we have absolutely any idling dwarves, they only get one meal/drink per day.

Sorry, I've been busy lately and won't be able to be on for the next 2-3 days. I leave Litast in charge of Nirur until I return. I may become insanely busy in the next few weeks (joining in an AmeriCorps program), but I'll try my best to keep up to date and post more. Cheers.
"It's one thing to feel that you are on the right path, but it's another to think yours is the only path."

Ahra

• Bay Watcher
  • Immoveable, Indestuctible
    • View Profile
« Reply #3094 on: January 06, 2011, 02:04:22 pm »

if the maker accepts you can trade glimmerstar(the one ring)
And then the horror hits: This was just spring.
We are SOooooooooooooooooooooooooooooo fucked.
Quite fucked indeed.

Ochita

• Bay Watcher
  • Doofus ghostus
    • View Profile
« Reply #3095 on: January 06, 2011, 04:07:04 pm »

No. I think we should keep things like that. Its going to be history and it would make for a great statue garden.
Quote from: Freeform
princest zaldo of hurl kindom: the mushroom aren't going to choice itself, ochita

V-Norrec

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #3096 on: January 06, 2011, 05:38:06 pm »

... it might be more prudent to sell it and live.  Just saying.

Edit:  Also, will we eventually see flawless materials that can save us on fittings?
« Last Edit: January 06, 2011, 05:56:14 pm by V-Norrec »

IronyOwl

• Bay Watcher
  • Nope~
    • View Profile
« Reply #3097 on: January 06, 2011, 06:15:01 pm »

YOU WON'T TAKE MY PRECIOUS!

...unless it comes down to sell it or die, in which case I guess we could try buying it back later.

Also, while having a xeno-friendly woodsman to guide us to the elves is very useful, I'm somewhat concerned about one of our food-producers leaving.
Quote from: Radio Controlled (Discord)
A hand, a hand, my kingdom for a hot hand!
The kitchenette mold free, you move on to the pantry. it's nasty in there. The bacon is grazing on the lettuce. The ham is having an illicit affair with the prime rib, The potatoes see all, know all. A rat in boxer shorts smoking a foul smelling cigar is banging on a cabinet shouting about rent money.

FuzzyZergling

• Bay Watcher
  • Zergin' erry day.
    • View Profile
« Reply #3098 on: January 06, 2011, 06:26:33 pm »

If you're talking about Adil, the immediate area seems to be gathered out until spring arrives for real.
It would be prudent for the trading party to bring along extra sacks, to store the elven food/anything they can gather.

Rolan7

• Bay Watcher
  • [GUE'VESA][BONECARN]
    • View Profile
« Reply #3099 on: January 06, 2011, 06:47:05 pm »

If you're talking about Adil, the immediate area seems to be gathered out until spring arrives for real.
It would be prudent for the trading party to bring along extra sacks, to store the elven food/anything they can gather.

Yeah, this was my thinking.  As much as I want to see the elves (both in and out of character) I'm really doing this because I netted a measly 5 meat hunting last week.  With help!  Since I've been told I can forage my way to the elves, I'm perhaps *less* of a burden if I do leave XD

Also, is everyone aware that the Elves of Amanereli are back? 
A good portent!  :D

Edit: The weather will improve "soon", but we should only be gone about two weeks, maybe three.
« Last Edit: January 06, 2011, 06:53:02 pm by Rolan7 »
She/they
This one didn't want to be who they was. On the Surface – it was a dull, unconsidered sadness. But everything changed. Which implied everything could change.

V-Norrec

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #3100 on: January 06, 2011, 07:08:08 pm »

OK, just to make life easy for Shade-O, I'm going to go ahead, repost my schedule and everyone who is staying and going for sure.

Litast - Going
Adil - Going
Hastur and Golem - Going (despite his lack of posting anything to that effect and he probably never will since he posts so infrequently)
Shem - Going
Urist - Going

That leaves

Tholtig - Staying
Nirur - Staying
Norrec - Staying
Gar - Staying
Athor - Staying
Kog -Staying

and finally

Nylona - Not posted
Delerker - Not posted
Udil - Not posted  (I can't remember whether Twi posted something or not, but I'm pretty sure not)

So over-all, half our group is leaving, 3 aren't posting, and of those remaining behind, Kog, Myself, and Athor are the only ones trying to find food if I remember everyone elses schedule correctly. . .

Here's a repost of mine and I sure to hope a lot of reposts are soon to come with more food related activities.

Midnight-5:  Work
5-6:  Breakfast
6-8:  Socialize/take care of horse/collect chicken eggs.
8-Noon:  Work
Noon-8:  Sleep
8-9:  Dinner
9-10:  Pray to Hipobis, thanking him for his guidance through out the day, as well as all he has done for me.
10-12:  Work

Socialization:  Primarily with Urist and Litast, but also Tholtig and Adil.

Work:

Priority 1:  Go into forest, collect as many brewable plants as possible, once a barrel's worth is collected brew into some kind of alcoholic beverage (probably Trail Spirits by the look of it). 

Priority 2:  Cooking chicken eggs and any maggot milk into Dwarven Omelettes.  Cook all Chicken Meat, Deer Meat, Maggot Meat, and Rabbit Meat into Pot Luck Roasts

Priority 3:  Assist with planting the Plump Helmet farm

Priority 4:  Make beds from beams of wood, request more metal fittings from Gar, give Tholtig the next bed, followed by Adil.

Priority 5:  If making beds becomes impossible due to lack of metal fittings (i.e. don't make them if there are no metal fittings), and no help is needed farming, assist the mining operations.

If any animal or animal tracks are encountered, I am to try and hunt them down as best I can.

Distraction 1:  "Hmmmm, my shrine to Hipobis seems incomplete... I KNOW, DECORATION!!!"  Carve an epic story of Hipobis killing goblins into the base of the statue!

Distraction 2:  "Awww, the poor chickens are being picked off by some kind of wolf or something."  Comfort chickens for the loss of a rooster, contemplate building an animal pen for them.

Distraction 3:  "... What smells?"  Dig out ice, fill barrel, wait for it to melt, take off all clothes, take bath, don't use soap, then clean clothes, empty barrel down stream a bit.

Inventory:  Personal Leather Armor, Crossbow, 1 Quiver with 10 bolts, backpack, shortsword and buckler

"Kogan you wanker, why'd you waste all the metal fittings for some damn golem the noble is only going to use to fan himself with.  There are so many more useful things those could have been used for, LIKE ANYTHING ELSE!"

Also, I'm just flat out canceling priority 4 for the moment.

Nirur Torir

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #3101 on: January 06, 2011, 07:29:54 pm »

I'd already posted that I was helping with the planting. I'll help gather food once there's actually something to gather. Perhaps I'll take up fishing.

Good idea reposting the schedules.

Work queue:
1) Help with planting.
2) Architectural wall planning. (The wall will likely eventually have a grate of metal bars that can raise/lower to prevent enemies from swimming through the river to get to us.)
3) Stone blocks.

Daily schedule:
0000-0800: Sleep
0800-0900: Breakfast
0900-1000: Worship Medtobolil
1000-1900: Work
1900-2000: Dinner
2000-2100: Socialize
2100-2300: Work.
2300-2400: Play with my kitten

Special orders: Keep watch on my kitten at all times.

((Shouldn't my relationship with the noble increased a bit from repairing his golem?))

Rolan7

• Bay Watcher
  • [GUE'VESA][BONECARN]
    • View Profile
« Reply #3102 on: January 06, 2011, 07:35:57 pm »

Thanks for that, Norrec.  Looks like Kog-Fuzzy and Urist-Ochita are our only cave farmers, then ruudhulk-Delerker (inactive) is our only sky farmer.  Maybe Urist should stay home after all, just to make sure the farming gets done?  He is merely Novice to Kog's Skilled, so maybe not.  It would be great if Delerker could plant some seeds from the few surface crops we have, ASAP.  Cough-Drop, maybe order him to do so, so he does it automatically?

Fakeedit: We'll be back in time to help with the harvest, that's for sure (ETA of return 14-21 days, ETA of plump helmets 90 days).
She/they

dragonshardz

• Bay Watcher
  • [ETHIC:PONY:ACCEPTABLE]
    • View Profile
    • Steam Profile
« Reply #3103 on: January 06, 2011, 07:40:56 pm »

Wait, what.

I never agreed to going anywhere.

But fine, I'll go.

Nirur Torir

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #3104 on: January 06, 2011, 08:19:38 pm »

Thanks for that, Norrec.  Looks like Kog-Fuzzy and Urist-Ochita are our only cave farmers, then ruudhulk-Delerker (inactive) is our only sky farmer.  Maybe Urist should stay home after all, just to make sure the farming gets done?  He is merely Novice to Kog's Skilled, so maybe not.  It would be great if Delerker could plant some seeds from the few surface crops we have, ASAP.  Cough-Drop, maybe order him to do so, so he does it automatically?
Sorry, I've been busy lately and won't be able to be on for the next 2-3 days. I leave Litast in charge of Nirur until I return. I may become insanely busy in the next few weeks (joining in an AmeriCorps program), but I'll try my best to keep up to date and post more. Cheers.
As second-in-command, I hereby order Delerker to plant our surface seeds if Norrec gets some seeds by brewing. After that is done, should he not post, he will spend the rest of the week resting and restricted to one ration of food and drink per day, to conserve supplies.

Edit: Conditional added in bold.
« Last Edit: January 06, 2011, 08:37:38 pm by Nirur Torir »
Pages: 1 ... 205 206 [207] 208 209 ... 249