A lot
- 1 (9.1%)
A ton
- 1 (9.1%)
All of it
- 3 (27.3%)

Total Members Voted: 11

Pages: 1 ... 196 197 [198] 199 200 ... 249

Author Topic: Cobalt Fortress: Days 48 onward: This is the spring of our discontent  (Read 142896 times)

V-Norrec

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: Cobalt Fortress: Days 14-18: Aftermath of the Mild Anxiety
« Reply #2955 on: January 03, 2011, 04:44:26 am »

"It's not "ours", I serve only Hipobis Giltgold, despite whoever raised me from the dead.  What we need to do now though is not worry about the apparent turmoil taking place in the godly realms.  One of us must stay behind and hunt down any and all of the aberrant creatures remaining.  I will take this task, and will stay here, though I would request an extra wine-skin so I can stay out here three days, just to ensure all of the creatures have been dealt with.  After that time, I will report back to camp, and if I manage to find any game while hunting down those creatures, I will take them back to camp as well.  Once we're sure the demons have no way to return to this world and are no longer present, I will return and then we can worry about our inability to talk to any god other than the human god set loose once again."  I say, explaining my plan to the entire group.

Ochita

• Bay Watcher
  • Doofus ghostus
    • View Profile
« Reply #2956 on: January 03, 2011, 04:51:08 am »

"I know you do. I am and will always be with you 100% of the way. True, the affairs of gods are not the affairs of man. Im not letting you go alone after these creatures though, its simply too dangerous, but... I am little to no use in a fight. It would be best if I stayed here and work on a room for my experiments. I might learn a thing or two from these creatures. Bring me their corpses and I shall see If I can learn stuff from them. Sounds good."
Quote from: Freeform
princest zaldo of hurl kindom: the mushroom aren't going to choice itself, ochita

V-Norrec

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #2957 on: January 03, 2011, 04:54:38 am »

"It's true, this place could become a great outpost.  Also, we could immediately begin farming at this cave, granted, it's less immediately defensible than the current location.  All the same, if I find any, I will bring any of their remains that I can here."

Ochita

• Bay Watcher
  • Doofus ghostus
    • View Profile
« Reply #2958 on: January 03, 2011, 04:55:53 am »

"Thanks, afterwards I think burning the demonic remains would be best, I dont trust armor made by whatever they are to be safe."
princest zaldo of hurl kindom: the mushroom aren't going to choice itself, ochita

Shade-o

• Bay Watcher
  • It's my greatest creation yet!
    • View Profile
« Reply #2959 on: January 03, 2011, 05:06:41 am »

The cave is no wider than a single tile at any point, so you know.

In any case Litast will have to decide what to do with you two.
Apparently having a redundant creature entry causes the game to say, "Oh, look, it's crazy world now. Nothing makes sense! Alligators live in houses!"

CoughDrop

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #2960 on: January 03, 2011, 06:40:39 am »

"Norrec, you should not stay here. Staking out in the wild by yourself? Are you mad?! Can you explain to me why you think all demons are inherently evil and destructive? Did the creature attack us before going into the cave? Did you have to risk more than was needed by jumping into the portal without a second thought? Regardless, we need to be getting back to the fort and tend to our altruistic needs -- most importantly, food." Litast smacks Norrec and Urist across the face for "Being so brash."

Shade-o, I really think you've spoiled some of our players by making them think they can just be brought back to life if killed...
"It's one thing to feel that you are on the right path, but it's another to think yours is the only path."

Shade-o

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #2961 on: January 03, 2011, 06:43:31 am »

I assure you, there is no way that somebody could be brought back to life now.

Right now the options are 'Dead Dead', 'Ironic Punishment Afterlife' and 'Pet Zombie'.
« Last Edit: January 03, 2011, 06:45:36 am by Shade-o »
Apparently having a redundant creature entry causes the game to say, "Oh, look, it's crazy world now. Nothing makes sense! Alligators live in houses!"

Ochita

• Bay Watcher
  • Doofus ghostus
    • View Profile
« Reply #2962 on: January 03, 2011, 06:47:49 am »

Yep, I dont have that much info and still wow... I can see that we have severly shaken things up.
CoughDrop. Pray to your god. Do it.

Shade-o

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #2963 on: January 03, 2011, 06:49:05 am »

I could set a pack of wolves on you... Either way that extends the food supply, right?

CoughDrop

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #2964 on: January 03, 2011, 06:54:24 am »

CoughDrop. Pray to your god. Do it.

What the hell does that have to do with anything? My problem is that you two are acting on your instincts without taking into account the rest of the group. I can't really keep people from mostly doing what they want, but I'll be damned if everyone goes off into the fray to die alone.
"It's one thing to feel that you are on the right path, but it's another to think yours is the only path."

Ochita

• Bay Watcher
  • Doofus ghostus
    • View Profile
« Reply #2965 on: January 03, 2011, 07:02:55 am »

"It has alot to do with everything. Just try it. It will explain much."

Ahra

• Bay Watcher
  • Immoveable, Indestuctible
    • View Profile
« Reply #2966 on: January 03, 2011, 07:14:59 am »

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

06-07 eat
07-17 hunt (to test out stealthy and accurate shooter) and gather berries
17-22 mine
22-pray 23-24 eat
00-06 sleep
repeat
And then the horror hits: This was just spring.
We are SOooooooooooooooooooooooooooooo fucked.
Quite fucked indeed.

V-Norrec

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #2967 on: January 03, 2011, 01:19:43 pm »

"Demons are inherently evil and destructive, why else would they be called DEMONS!  Also, I love Urist, I wasn't going to let him die alone if nothing else.  If you think I enjoy putting my life in harms way, you are quite mistaken."  I say, frustrated by the apparent lack of understanding by the group about the nature of demons as well as their refusal to let me hunt them down and guarantee our way of life.

((On a side note, I know I can die, I was expecting death, but I was acting in character.  I fully assume that if I die again, I'm going to have to make a new dwarf, if this is even a game where you're allowed back in after you die.  Shade-o was just being nice because Lilli was an asshat))
« Last Edit: January 03, 2011, 01:22:32 pm by V-Norrec »

CoughDrop

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #2968 on: January 03, 2011, 01:41:57 pm »

Well, that explains why you went on through. A name is a name, which doesn't make the being - I thought you knew better. I won't stop you from hunting demons, but do realize that you represent us all when you make split-second decisions.

Ochita

• Bay Watcher
  • Doofus ghostus
    • View Profile
« Reply #2969 on: January 03, 2011, 03:15:54 pm »

"Its my fault. I'm the person who entered the portal first. I was prepared to face what would happen. I am prepared to face whatever judgement you have decided apon."
Pages: 1 ... 196 197 [198] 199 200 ... 249