A lot
- 1 (9.1%)
A ton
- 1 (9.1%)
All of it
- 3 (27.3%)

Total Members Voted: 11

Pages: 1 ... 180 181 [182] 183 184 ... 249

Author Topic: Cobalt Fortress: Days 48 onward: This is the spring of our discontent  (Read 143284 times)

Ahra

• Bay Watcher
  • Immoveable, Indestuctible
    • View Profile
Re: Dwarf Fortress: Cobalt Edition: Chapter 1: Struck Earth: Days 12-18
« Reply #2715 on: December 24, 2010, 11:36:30 am »

spec:defensive fighter;accurate shooter
hair;beardless and with short black hair
marks; after a sparring accident he have a long jagged scar on his left shoulder.
build:above average muscular but standard build for a dwarf and with bright skin.
And then the horror hits: This was just spring.
We are SOooooooooooooooooooooooooooooo fucked.
Quite fucked indeed.

V-Norrec

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #2716 on: December 24, 2010, 12:42:16 pm »

I'm missing the Wild Fighter Specialization.

Preferences:  For metal objects, she prefers gold or silver.  She detests lead.  She likes Granite for it's patterns.  Purring Maggots annoy her.  She enjoys Pit Worm Steaks and Dwarven Beer.  She dislikes bread.

Ahra

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #2717 on: December 24, 2010, 01:17:31 pm »

Fu.. forgot the traits:stealthy,unthreatening
Quite fucked indeed.

dragonshardz

• Bay Watcher
  • [ETHIC:PONY:ACCEPTABLE]
    • View Profile
    • Steam Profile
« Reply #2718 on: December 24, 2010, 04:36:25 pm »

Name: Shem Kilrudtabar ("Bronzefaith")
Deity: Etur and Akil. Also Tobul Granitehand and Ekast, to a lesser extent
Caste: Military

Skills: Skilled Commander, Skilled Siege Operator, Skilled Hammerdwarf, Adequate Miner, Novice Mason
Specializations: Stonewaller, Creative Shooter, Heavy Striker
Good Traits: Unbreakable, Brawny, Balanced, Paragon, Intelligent, Hardy
Bad Traits: Unstealthy, Light Sensitive, Workaholic, Stone-Faced, Talkative Drinker

Backstory: Shem has always felt rather confined by the rules and regulations of the chain of command. He rose through the ranks of the Engineer Corps from a lowly miner to commander of an Engineer squad. He is being sent to The Warhold of Icy Winds to act as the Militia Commander there, specifically to make sure the fortress' defenses are in proper order.

After all, no one is more skilled at defeating siege weaponry than a dwarf who makes them.

...Of course, the dwarves there might not accede readily to the wishes of the Mountainhomes. If that's the case, he'll work diligently under whomever is placed as his superior.

Appearance: Shem's build is sturdy. He is strongly muscled. His hair is auburn. short, and straight. His beard is in one long braid that reaches the middle of his chest. His eyes are green. His face, though generally impassive, is not unpleasant to look at. He is slightly shorter than the average dwarf. He wears simple pants, a long sleeved shirt, a hooded cloak, socks, and sturdy boots when not wearing his armor.

Preferences: Shem likes the color pine green. He prefers obsidian for its rarity, granite for its reliability, and marble for its usefulness. He likes pigs for their contemplative oinks and cows for their haunting moos. He dislikes cats for their manipulative nature. He dislikes elves for the hypocrisy and totally detests goblins. He dislikes eating mud worm paste. When possible, he prefers to consume pit worm steak, dwarven ale, and cave potatoes.

NEW NEGATIVE SOCIAL TRAIT: Talkative Drinker - You have to carefully limit how much alcohol you drink - too much, and you start talking, often saying things that would be better kept a secret. Naturally, this impacts your social life. It's hard to have a drinking contest when one participant starts babbling halfway through.

IronyOwl

• Bay Watcher
  • Nope~
    • View Profile
« Reply #2719 on: December 24, 2010, 05:11:14 pm »

Ooooh, pretty. I'll have to figure out my character's appearance soon.
Quote from: Radio Controlled (Discord)
A hand, a hand, my kingdom for a hot hand!
The kitchenette mold free, you move on to the pantry. it's nasty in there. The bacon is grazing on the lettuce. The ham is having an illicit affair with the prime rib, The potatoes see all, know all. A rat in boxer shorts smoking a foul smelling cigar is banging on a cabinet shouting about rent money.

CoughDrop

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #2720 on: December 24, 2010, 05:58:50 pm »

spec:defensive fighter;accurate shooter
hair;beardless and with short black hair
marks; after a sparring accident he have a long jagged scar on his left shoulder.
build:above average muscular but standard build for a dwarf and with bright skin.

Wait, what?

"It's one thing to feel that you are on the right path, but it's another to think yours is the only path."

Shade-o

• Bay Watcher
  • It's my greatest creation yet!
    • View Profile
« Reply #2721 on: December 24, 2010, 05:59:38 pm »

Most likely 'human years'. I hope.

We're going off the current DF dwarf lifespan, which has about 150 nearing the end of life. So, about three times a human lifespan.

So if you said 'Human Years' I'll multiply it by about three. Or something, 75 seems too long...
« Last Edit: December 24, 2010, 06:02:41 pm by Shade-o »
Apparently having a redundant creature entry causes the game to say, "Oh, look, it's crazy world now. Nothing makes sense! Alligators live in houses!"

FuzzyZergling

• Bay Watcher
  • Zergin' erry day.
    • View Profile
« Reply #2722 on: December 24, 2010, 08:51:33 pm »

Spoiler (click to show/hide)
Do you think I could get my portrait above my profile on page one, instead of my zergling?

Also, I probably won't be online for the next few days, going to Grandma's house for the holidays.

Shade-o

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #2723 on: December 24, 2010, 09:13:02 pm »

Yep, I'm making the portraits people's images, it'll be easier to remember and we won't have to worry about avatars changing.
Apparently having a redundant creature entry causes the game to say, "Oh, look, it's crazy world now. Nothing makes sense! Alligators live in houses!"

Ahra

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #2724 on: December 25, 2010, 04:44:06 am »

Quite fucked indeed.

Samthere

• Bay Watcher
  • RRRRRAAAAAAOR! <3
    • View Profile
« Reply #2725 on: December 25, 2010, 05:24:25 am »

Gar is barely an adult at 46! 46 dwarf years AND human years, I guess? Like not 46 years out of a human lifespan into his life, but 46 years out of a dwarven lifespan into his life; but years still take the same amount of time!

So 46 actual years. YARR.

Shade-o

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #2726 on: December 25, 2010, 06:10:00 am »

Let's just say that dwarf-years are the same as human-years, but dwarves get more of them.

Anyway, a hundred-plus year old dwarf would either be dead or having found some sort of awesome position by now, not be a motley explorer sent off to gods-know-where.

Samthere, you can have Iron Lungs and Fire Resistant if you give up an existing Good trait, or take on another Bad trait.

If anyone has any RP before the turn, like a prayer, plan or plot, now is the time.
« Last Edit: December 25, 2010, 09:00:41 am by Shade-o »

dragonshardz

• Bay Watcher
  • [ETHIC:PONY:ACCEPTABLE]
    • View Profile
    • Steam Profile
« Reply #2727 on: December 25, 2010, 12:40:52 pm »

Shem sleeps restlessly, tossing and turning before waking.

A deep, booming voice echoes through his mind.

"Good luck..."

He lights a candle and feverishly begins work on...something...

[OOC: Strange mood? Perhaps...]

Ahra

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #2728 on: December 25, 2010, 12:45:25 pm »

if a characters do someting truly ``how the **** did you do that´´ can you do changes on him then?
Quite fucked indeed.

Rolan7

• Bay Watcher
  • [GUE'VESA][BONECARN]
    • View Profile
« Reply #2729 on: December 25, 2010, 03:19:35 pm »

Specialization: Land Explorer, Plant Farmer
Traits: Hardy, Classist (lots of harmless traits I could choose, but classist sounds like an interesting reaction to recent events)
Appearance: Not good.  Adil has often been mistaken for a man, after all.  She's weathered by her time outdoors, and even has an undwarfy tan.  Her dirty brown hair is dreadlocked, and not stylishly.  She cuts it whenever it gets in her green eyes.  She's

Those drawings look *really* nice!  I didn't expect to get our profiles drawn like that :D
« Last Edit: December 26, 2010, 02:18:48 am by Rolan7 »
She/they
No justice: no peace.
Quote from: Fallen London, one Unthinkable Hope
This one didn't want to be who they was. On the Surface – it was a dull, unconsidered sadness. But everything changed. Which implied everything could change.
Pages: 1 ... 180 181 [182] 183 184 ... 249