A lot
- 1 (9.1%)
A ton
- 1 (9.1%)
All of it
- 3 (27.3%)

Total Members Voted: 11

Pages: 1 ... 179 180 [181] 182 183 ... 249

Author Topic: Cobalt Fortress: Days 48 onward: This is the spring of our discontent  (Read 143275 times)

V-Norrec

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: Dwarf Fortress: Cobalt Edition: Chapter 1: Struck Earth: Days 12-18
« Reply #2700 on: December 23, 2010, 11:25:45 pm »

Well, technically if you look at it, I haven't been screwed over that much, just by one person, then turned into a zombie by a god, then brought back to life.  Unless you count being turned into a woman by the gods too. . . my character's life sucks.

IronyOwl

• Bay Watcher
  • Nope~
    • View Profile
« Reply #2701 on: December 23, 2010, 11:27:54 pm »

You just have a lot of issues with them respecting your body's personal space. Aside from "by the way you're a vampire now have fun with that" you've done rather well.
Quote from: Radio Controlled (Discord)
A hand, a hand, my kingdom for a hot hand!
The kitchenette mold free, you move on to the pantry. it's nasty in there. The bacon is grazing on the lettuce. The ham is having an illicit affair with the prime rib, The potatoes see all, know all. A rat in boxer shorts smoking a foul smelling cigar is banging on a cabinet shouting about rent money.

V-Norrec

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #2702 on: December 23, 2010, 11:30:01 pm »

I suppose, I need to find a way to ditch some of these bad traits though.  Magically Scarred and Mystically Scarred combined are probably going to make my character piss herself whenever... whatever pops up out of the ground and goes "A bloogey woogey woo" in my direction.

Nirur Torir

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #2703 on: December 24, 2010, 12:05:39 am »

Ah, I've decided that now's the best time to submit an improved character sheet update thingy.

New specializations: diabolist and blacksmith
New traits: creative and squirmer

Appearance: He has jet-black, shoulder-length, moderately curly hair. His beard reaches is a few inches longer then his hair, and he keeps it well groomed. He has a kindly face, and a stoat build. He is average height for a dwarf. He wears simple pants, a long sleeved shirt, a hooded cloak, socks, and boots.

Preferences: He prefers the color olive green. He likes cats for their crazy antics. He likes granite for its reliable nature. He likes complex traps for their creators' creativity. He likes decorations involving the slaughter/death/torture/horrific mutilation of goblins. He likes birds for their freedom. He absolutely loathes goblins. He detests eating mud worm paste. He really absolutely loathes goblins. When possible, he prefers to consume rum and quarry bush leaves.

FuzzyZergling

• Bay Watcher
  • Zergin' erry day.
    • View Profile
« Reply #2704 on: December 24, 2010, 01:28:38 am »

For my specializations, I'll take Fungus Worker and Fine Healer.

For new traits, I'll take Improviser and Unthreatening.

Appearance: Kog is a little scrawny for a dwarf, but his long, thin, oily black hair and smallish head make him seem less thicker than he is. He is pale, but has large red spots covering his nose and upper chin. His moustach and sideburns are longer than most, but he keeps his beard unusually short.

Preferences: Kog enjoys cheese of all kinds, but holds cow and dwarven cheese in a tier above others. He likes the color yellow, and has a special fondness for things made of pine. He dislikes the color orange, and also small children he doesn't know.

Samthere

• Bay Watcher
  • RRRRRAAAAAAOR! <3
    • View Profile
« Reply #2705 on: December 24, 2010, 05:04:15 am »

Hmmm... both fire-resistant and iron lungs are entirely suited to my character's experience. I'd choose fire-resistant (just do away with tongs most of the time and use my hands), but is there any way I could get some version of iron lungs as well?

Also, my negative trait will be 'easily manipulated'. :D

Shade-o

• Bay Watcher
  • It's my greatest creation yet!
    • View Profile
« Reply #2706 on: December 24, 2010, 07:34:56 am »

Fire-Resistant won't let you hold your hands in molten metal, it just makes you less likely to burst into flame like an alcohol-soaked rag.
Apparently having a redundant creature entry causes the game to say, "Oh, look, it's crazy world now. Nothing makes sense! Alligators live in houses!"

Samthere

• Bay Watcher
  • RRRRRAAAAAAOR! <3
    • View Profile
« Reply #2707 on: December 24, 2010, 07:40:20 am »

Fair enough, but would it make me less likely to squeal in pain from briefly touching hot coals or red-hot metal? :D
Yeah, forging with my hands was a bit far, but resisting burns that would be common for someone who's grown up around a forge?

Or is fire-resistant really just AVOID BEING SET ON FIRE? If that's the case, I'm probably decent at that in forge situations due to practices as opposed to any inherent resistance (i.e. skills in any forge skill would automatically include not setting yourself on fire in a forge), so I'd lean more towards iron lungs. Then I can forge indoors in my little smokey corner with light ventilation :D

CoughDrop

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #2708 on: December 24, 2010, 08:14:50 am »

New Traits:
+Paragon
-Unthreatening.

Specializations:
Mediator (from Trader skill)
As for tailoring, do you think there could be an add on more oriented for cutting/placing gems?

Appearance:
Her shoulder-length hair is dark-brown, as are her perceptive eyes. She is rather small for a dwarf, and thus seems quite vulnerable; however, she never seems to need an intimidating demeanor as she is quite the social mediator. She is 48 years of age.

Spoiler (click to show/hide)

I'm really glad this game is still alive. I also appreciate your thoroughness when it comes to detail, Shade-o.
"It's one thing to feel that you are on the right path, but it's another to think yours is the only path."

Shade-o

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #2709 on: December 24, 2010, 08:21:38 am »

You mean Jewelcrafting, right? Tailoring is Cloth/Silk.
Apparently having a redundant creature entry causes the game to say, "Oh, look, it's crazy world now. Nothing makes sense! Alligators live in houses!"

CoughDrop

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #2710 on: December 24, 2010, 08:26:22 am »

You have Jewelcrafting under the Tailoring specialization.
"It's one thing to feel that you are on the right path, but it's another to think yours is the only path."

Shade-o

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #2711 on: December 24, 2010, 08:26:50 am »

Oops.

Wait, no I didn't. If there's nothing directly underneath the skill, that means no spec. I'll give Jewelling a spec nonetheless.
« Last Edit: December 24, 2010, 08:28:43 am by Shade-o »

Shade-o

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #2712 on: December 24, 2010, 09:21:57 am »

You guys look so cute.

Except Kogan.
« Last Edit: December 24, 2010, 09:24:35 am by Shade-o »

CoughDrop

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #2713 on: December 24, 2010, 09:39:30 am »

Oooo, pretty. Also, Gem Crafter get.

FuzzyZergling

• Bay Watcher
  • Zergin' erry day.
    • View Profile
« Reply #2714 on: December 24, 2010, 10:50:40 am »

That is so great!
Pages: 1 ... 179 180 [181] 182 183 ... 249