A lot
- 1 (9.1%)
A ton
- 1 (9.1%)
All of it
- 3 (27.3%)

Total Members Voted: 11

Pages: 1 ... 168 169 [170] 171 172 ... 249

Author Topic: Cobalt Fortress: Days 48 onward: This is the spring of our discontent  (Read 143265 times)

V-Norrec

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: Dwarf Fortress: Cobalt Edition: Chapter 1: Struck Earth
« Reply #2535 on: December 02, 2010, 01:49:12 am »

I think everything should go up for the time, we can get cheap/easy light sources that way which will help us in just about every task.

ruudhulk

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #2536 on: December 02, 2010, 02:19:32 am »

Delerker did not know about the food shortage and agrees to skip lunch until stable farms and production of food become available. "I'll have some water for lunch instead".  8)
She also comes across a few dwarves with obvious, but healed, wounds. This is not uncommon in the first days of expeditions, or so she heard. But still she feels something seems to be kept a secr- oh look! The ice is so beautiful at sunset!

dragonshardz

• Bay Watcher
  • [ETHIC:PONY:ACCEPTABLE]
    • View Profile
    • Steam Profile
« Reply #2537 on: December 02, 2010, 02:57:45 am »

I have an idea for where what should go on the z-axis

z5+ - domestic area
z4 - foodstuff storage
z3 - buffer zone. Also farms, accessed from level above
z2 - foodstuff storage
z1 - Barracks area
z0 - Entrance, military training area, trading depot
z-1 - Military storage
z-2 - buffer zone
z-3 - finished goods storage
z-4 - raw goods storage
z-5+ - production zone

V-Norrec

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #2538 on: December 02, 2010, 02:27:57 pm »

Having production that deep will cause more ventilation issues though, that's why I just wanted to go straight up, at least until we have enough people to secure and colonize the caverns.

IronyOwl

• Bay Watcher
  • Nope~
    • View Profile
« Reply #2539 on: December 02, 2010, 02:30:18 pm »

Oops.

12-7 Sleep
7-8 Breakfast of Sandow Stew and Dwarven Rum
8-6 Work!
6-7 Dinner of Num Num Rollies and Dwarven Wine
7-9 Sing for the camp
9-10 Play with puppies
10-11 Practice throwing knives against a tree
11-12 Sleep

Work will consist of, in order:

-Forging tools for a new mason's workshop out of forged iron.
-Making a new mason's workshop using the tools and a spare table.
-Cutting two stone blocks.
-Forming those blocks into sarcophagi.
-Engraving those sarcophagi with... diplomatic images/explanations of who they are and their feats in life.
-Grabbing a shovel and digging shallow graves on the other side of the river, but still in our bowl next to the cliff face.
-Placing their probably-by-now-rotting corpses into the sarcophagi, dragging them to their temporary graves, and performing the necessary rites, assuring their spirits that this is just until we get more proper arrangements.

-If I manage to finish all that in under six days, or if any of my plans are temporarily obstructed (Gar is using the forge but will be done soon, for instance) I will grab a pickaxe and help dig.

-If they're more permanently obstructed (two people are trying to use our one mason's shop full-time, so my extra one gets occupied at least half the time) I work towards making them not-obstructed (forging new tools, building a new workshop, etc.)

So Norrec, you should probably dig where I direct you or do something else, since I guess I'm on undertaker duty now.
Quote from: Radio Controlled (Discord)
A hand, a hand, my kingdom for a hot hand!
The kitchenette mold free, you move on to the pantry. it's nasty in there. The bacon is grazing on the lettuce. The ham is having an illicit affair with the prime rib, The potatoes see all, know all. A rat in boxer shorts smoking a foul smelling cigar is banging on a cabinet shouting about rent money.

dragonshardz

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • Steam Profile
« Reply #2540 on: December 02, 2010, 02:31:45 pm »

Having production that deep will cause more ventilation issues though, that's why I just wanted to go straight up, at least until we have enough people to secure and colonize the caverns.

*shrugs* It's a thought. I don't really care how we organize stuff, so long as it gets done.

V-Norrec

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #2541 on: December 02, 2010, 02:52:38 pm »

There, I edited my turn, personally, I view making sarcophagi for those two as a waste of stone when we need food so badly but if it makes you happy so be it.

dragonshardz

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • Steam Profile
« Reply #2542 on: December 02, 2010, 02:58:34 pm »

Wait, why in the seven hells are we giving the fucking nutcase a proper burial? Just throw him in the forest, far away from the fortress.

As to the other dude, I /guess/ we could bury him properly.

V-Norrec

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #2543 on: December 02, 2010, 03:01:13 pm »

Meh, I was just going to shallow grave both of them and maybe cover it with rubble from our mining so wolves don't eat them.  They tried to kill me though (both wanted to/were supportive of me dying) so I'm a bit biased in my burial techniques.

Nirur Torir

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #2544 on: December 02, 2010, 03:03:03 pm »

We could use the traitor's corpse to attract predators, and set traps around the body.

The migrant probably deserves a proper burial though.

CoughDrop

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #2545 on: December 02, 2010, 08:56:51 pm »

Meh, I was just going to shallow grave both of them and maybe cover it with rubble from our mining so wolves don't eat them.  They tried to kill me though (both wanted to/were supportive of me dying) so I'm a bit biased in my burial techniques.

I thought Cheddarius was supportive of killing you OoC?
"It's one thing to feel that you are on the right path, but it's another to think yours is the only path."

Samthere

• Bay Watcher
  • RRRRRAAAAAAOR! <3
    • View Profile
« Reply #2546 on: December 02, 2010, 08:59:36 pm »

OOC: yeah, we never met his character; he just said that if the inquisition was too dickish he would be lethally opposed to it, he made no indication of wanting you dead like that.

With regards to IC, as far as we're concerned (as far as I know), Obok is a dwarf who died just as he was about to reach us, hauling a cart full of goods. We should honour this brave and dedicated fellow the way any normal dwarf deserves to be honoured.

CoughDrop

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #2547 on: December 02, 2010, 09:08:47 pm »

We should honour this brave and dedicated fellow the way any normal dwarf deserves to be honoured.

Excluding any "loose cannon cops."  ;)

I'm not sure how much longer I'm going to wait for two of our migrants to post schedules before I post them for them.  :(
"It's one thing to feel that you are on the right path, but it's another to think yours is the only path."

Samthere

• Bay Watcher
  • RRRRRAAAAAAOR! <3
    • View Profile
« Reply #2548 on: December 02, 2010, 09:11:00 pm »

OOC: well yeah, Mikhail wasn't a brave and dedicated normal dwarf and doesn't deserve to be honoured as one. He was a mentalist who murdered one of us and assaulted 3 more, possibly with intent to harm or kill all of us. IC we probably don't really know why Mikhail did this and will consider him gone mad or just evil.

V-Norrec

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #2549 on: December 02, 2010, 09:13:08 pm »

You still haven't posted your own schedule CoughDrop.
Pages: 1 ... 168 169 [170] 171 172 ... 249