A lot
- 1 (9.1%)
A ton
- 1 (9.1%)
All of it
- 3 (27.3%)

Total Members Voted: 11

Pages: 1 ... 160 161 [162] 163 164 ... 249

Author Topic: Cobalt Fortress: Days 48 onward: This is the spring of our discontent  (Read 143063 times)

CoughDrop

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: Dwarf Fortress: Cobalt Edition: Chapter 1: Struck Earth
« Reply #2415 on: November 27, 2010, 12:14:13 am »

"Uh... So I might have found a way to bring Norrec back... all it would take is blood sacrifices from whoever's willing to participate..."

"How much blood are we talking?"
"It's one thing to feel that you are on the right path, but it's another to think yours is the only path."

IronyOwl

• Bay Watcher
  • Nope~
    • View Profile
« Reply #2416 on: November 27, 2010, 12:17:26 am »

"Not too much, especially if more people give. At worst the participants would be weakened, but the more people there are, the less load everyone needs.
Quote from: Radio Controlled (Discord)
A hand, a hand, my kingdom for a hot hand!
The kitchenette mold free, you move on to the pantry. it's nasty in there. The bacon is grazing on the lettuce. The ham is having an illicit affair with the prime rib, The potatoes see all, know all. A rat in boxer shorts smoking a foul smelling cigar is banging on a cabinet shouting about rent money.

CoughDrop

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #2417 on: November 27, 2010, 12:22:36 am »

"Not too much, especially if more people give. At worst the participants would be weakened, but the more people there are, the less load everyone needs.

"Could you explain more... in detail please?"
"It's one thing to feel that you are on the right path, but it's another to think yours is the only path."

Rolan7

• Bay Watcher
  • [GUE'VESA][BONECARN]
    • View Profile
« Reply #2418 on: November 27, 2010, 12:23:57 am »

"Could you explain more... in detail please?"

"I too would like to hear more, but Denrhymed and I are ready to help."
She/they
No justice: no peace.
Quote from: Fallen London, one Unthinkable Hope
This one didn't want to be who they was. On the Surface – it was a dull, unconsidered sadness. But everything changed. Which implied everything could change.

IronyOwl

• Bay Watcher
  • Nope~
    • View Profile
« Reply #2419 on: November 27, 2010, 12:30:30 am »

"Aexiesoen is able to resurrect Norrec. I don't know the details, but for some reason "real" gods can't do it; so because he's somewhat... obscure now, he'd be able. This would require a sacrifice, of course, and the only thing we can really spare is blood."
The kitchenette mold free, you move on to the pantry. it's nasty in there. The bacon is grazing on the lettuce. The ham is having an illicit affair with the prime rib, The potatoes see all, know all. A rat in boxer shorts smoking a foul smelling cigar is banging on a cabinet shouting about rent money.

CoughDrop

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #2420 on: November 27, 2010, 12:35:04 am »

"Aexiesoen is able to resurrect Norrec. I don't know the details, but for some reason "real" gods can't do it; so because he's somewhat... obscure now, he'd be able. This would require a sacrifice, of course, and the only thing we can really spare is blood."

"Exactly how much blood, and where will the blood be placed? I am willing to give as much of my blood as I can while still remaining alive."

Also, I'm recreating the map in ASCIIDraw. I'm going to start working on getting everyone's ideas organized and figuring out what our actual fortress plan will be.
« Last Edit: November 27, 2010, 12:36:57 am by CoughDrop »

V-Norrec

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #2421 on: November 27, 2010, 12:46:08 am »

OOC:  I really don't like this >.>  <.< 

IronyOwl

• Bay Watcher
  • Nope~
    • View Profile
« Reply #2422 on: November 27, 2010, 12:59:59 am »

If you don't wanna be resurrected just say so. :P

"I don't know the exact details, but the more the better. If we have just a few they'd be weakened, but with a larger group they might not even notice it."

CoughDrop

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #2423 on: November 27, 2010, 01:04:12 am »

If you don't wanna be resurrected just say so. :P

"I don't know the exact details, but the more the better. If we have just a few they'd be weakened, but with a larger group they might not even notice it."

"Could you please ask him if he will only accept dwarven blood? Either way, we need to know how many of our expedition are willing to part with some of their blood." Litast gathers everyone together and explains the current situation. "I need to know who is and isn't willing to part with some blood for Norrec's cause."
« Last Edit: November 27, 2010, 01:07:43 am by CoughDrop »

V-Norrec

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #2424 on: November 27, 2010, 01:09:35 am »

OOC:  Technically I'm not allowed to do that, you're supposed to be doing what your character would be doing, and right now my character can't talk.  Although I will admit I 100% think this is a bad idea and will come back to bite us in the ass somehow, granted shade isn't around so I can't even figure out more about the option I'd prefer, epic action-RPG to find some artifact of life-bringing.

CoughDrop

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #2425 on: November 27, 2010, 01:17:41 am »

OOC:  Technically I'm not allowed to do that, you're supposed to be doing what your character would be doing, and right now my character can't talk.  Although I will admit I 100% think this is a bad idea and will come back to bite us in the ass somehow, granted shade isn't around so I can't even figure out more about the option I'd prefer, epic action-RPG to find some artifact of life-bringing.

OOC: Not allowed to do what? Litast's impression is that you have no way of finding an artifact. Regardless, you can't talk... or at least be understood, so I'm sure everyone feels that the only way to bring you back to your original form is by helping you directly.

V-Norrec

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #2426 on: November 27, 2010, 01:30:29 am »

OOC:  I meant I can't talk so I can't give my opinion on the whole proceedings short of going up to somebody and slapping them on the face and then groaning a little bit.

CoughDrop

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #2427 on: November 27, 2010, 03:11:42 am »

Here is the current design:
Spoiler (click to show/hide)
It's all very jumbled and can't be easily defended until we get an exterior wall up.

So... I propose we go along with having a curving entrance corridor and have the rest of the actual fortress below and/or above the entrance level as shown here:
Spoiler (click to show/hide)

As always, any ideas/changes are more than welcomed.
« Last Edit: November 27, 2010, 03:16:10 am by CoughDrop »

V-Norrec

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #2428 on: November 27, 2010, 04:19:54 am »

I'm so confused as to how that will work.

CoughDrop

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #2429 on: November 27, 2010, 04:25:53 am »

I'm so confused as to how that will work.

What do you mean?
Pages: 1 ... 160 161 [162] 163 164 ... 249