A lot
- 1 (9.1%)
A ton
- 1 (9.1%)
All of it
- 3 (27.3%)

Total Members Voted: 11

Pages: 1 ... 155 156 [157] 158 159 ... 249

Author Topic: Cobalt Fortress: Days 48 onward: This is the spring of our discontent  (Read 142870 times)

Nirur Torir

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: Dwarf Fortress: Cobalt Edition: Chapter 1: Struck Earth
« Reply #2340 on: November 24, 2010, 09:16:54 pm »

And then there's Norrec who insists that he isn't trolling me.
You're trolling all of us. Killing one harmless (He never hurt any of us, despite being convinced that many of us are heretics) player because he annoyed you, and injuring three innocent ones for no reason counts as trolling. You've doubtlessly taken much of the fun out of the game for more people then just myself.

All in favor of an "It was a shared dream" sequence, with Lillipad's character ending up dead, say "aye."

Aye.

CoughDrop

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #2341 on: November 24, 2010, 09:18:49 pm »

I shot three bolts at once? I was under the impression that I shot, reloaded, shot, etc. I did this because I was dropping out, having to deal with everyone was getting to be too much. And then there's Norrec who insists that he isn't trolling me.

So because you were having trouble dealing with everyone, you decided to try to injure/kill some of us with guerilla tactics? You are the obvious troll. I truly hope your personality isn't as fucking childish as it has been during this game. You either need to learn to deal with people, or stop playing multi-player role-playing games.
"It's one thing to feel that you are on the right path, but it's another to think yours is the only path."

Hastur

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #2342 on: November 24, 2010, 09:20:45 pm »

The Gm allowed this, its a OOC free for all It started with Norrec but its been running wild. if i were more spitefull I'd start my own tantrum spiral using out of game information and try ruining everyone elses fun too. Can we cooperate without attacking each other jesus. Someone kicked me earlier too for no good reason I demand They have their hands hammered!

V-Norrec

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #2343 on: November 24, 2010, 09:42:19 pm »

*sigh*  Aye, I vote we all just wake up and Lillipad died in the middle of the night to a heart attack and this is a terrible dream.  Also Hastur, you've been continually doing your own thing when most of us are trying to work for the betterment of the fortress.  Are you expecting cheers and applause for being self-centered?

FuzzyZergling

• Bay Watcher
  • Zergin' erry day.
    • View Profile
« Reply #2344 on: November 24, 2010, 09:47:28 pm »

Lilly is dead, Norrec is a zombie, everyone else is traumatized/injured, let's all move on.

IronyOwl

• Bay Watcher
  • Nope~
    • View Profile
« Reply #2345 on: November 24, 2010, 09:47:49 pm »

I'd have been in favor of backtracking since Norrec got shot, but it might really screw with continuity to allow redos whenever we feel like it.

Lillipad, Norrec was being an asshole, but he hadn't done anything overtly wrong by the time you shot him. Everyone was giving him shit for what he was doing, up until you shot him, at which point they started giving you shit. That should probably tell you that you made a bad situation worse.
Quote from: Radio Controlled (Discord)
A hand, a hand, my kingdom for a hot hand!
The kitchenette mold free, you move on to the pantry. it's nasty in there. The bacon is grazing on the lettuce. The ham is having an illicit affair with the prime rib, The potatoes see all, know all. A rat in boxer shorts smoking a foul smelling cigar is banging on a cabinet shouting about rent money.

Hastur

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #2346 on: November 24, 2010, 10:02:01 pm »

i dont want norrec back he came back from the grave for revenge now he can rest in peace. He uses out of game information wantonly and is an insane bossy liar and  i think we would be better off without him.

Cheddarius

• Bay Watcher
  • Hrm.
    • View Profile
« Reply #2347 on: November 24, 2010, 10:03:35 pm »

Can't play any more, sorry.

IronyOwl

• Bay Watcher
  • Nope~
    • View Profile
« Reply #2348 on: November 24, 2010, 10:23:28 pm »

Quote from: Radio Controlled (Discord)
A hand, a hand, my kingdom for a hot hand!
The kitchenette mold free, you move on to the pantry. it's nasty in there. The bacon is grazing on the lettuce. The ham is having an illicit affair with the prime rib, The potatoes see all, know all. A rat in boxer shorts smoking a foul smelling cigar is banging on a cabinet shouting about rent money.

Samthere

• Bay Watcher
  • RRRRRAAAAAAOR! <3
    • View Profile
« Reply #2349 on: November 24, 2010, 10:28:21 pm »

OOC: I'm going to try to preface my messages with OOC and IC or the like, to avoid causing confusion.

At this point, if we're not retconning everything Lillipad did, I say we just move on at this point, deal with our injuries, and stop arguing about it all. Not that I think anybody arguing about it shouldn't be, nor that there isn't a whole lot that deserves to be argued about, but let's get past this scar on the game and get back to trying to found a fortress.

Also, in response to Hastur, where did Norrec start using OOC information a whole lot? I'm not saying you're wrong, but that I didn't recognise it happening. What I've seen Norrec do is react to people disappearing into blackness and then popping out, then use the information gained from in-character questions about that to have an in-character investigation, and then from in-character investigations (and I presume private messages from Shade) to suspect us of heresy. Then we have a brief in-character conversation, supplemented by plenty of out-of-character chatter to make sure that each of us knew what our characters should have already understood about the situation. I agree, being very bossy and possibly a liar is something that should make our characters not like them as much, but my dwarf doesn't believe true hatred has to exist between dwarves or that any dwarf should be murdered or punished for this kind of thing. And I, as a player, don't think we should hate V-Norrec just because Norrec sometimes gets in our characters' way.

So yes, at this stage, let's try to move on from the drama, and try our best to keep in-character and out-of-character two separate things.

CoughDrop

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #2350 on: November 24, 2010, 10:35:25 pm »

OOC: I'm going to try to preface my messages with OOC and IC or the like, to avoid causing confusion.

At this point, if we're not retconning everything Lillipad did, I say we just move on at this point, deal with our injuries, and stop arguing about it all. Not that I think anybody arguing about it shouldn't be, nor that there isn't a whole lot that deserves to be argued about, but let's get past this scar on the game and get back to trying to found a fortress.

Also, in response to Hastur, where did Norrec start using OOC information a whole lot? I'm not saying you're wrong, but that I didn't recognise it happening. What I've seen Norrec do is react to people disappearing into blackness and then popping out, then use the information gained from in-character questions about that to have an in-character investigation, and then from in-character investigations (and I presume private messages from Shade) to suspect us of heresy. Then we have a brief in-character conversation, supplemented by plenty of out-of-character chatter to make sure that each of us knew what our characters should have already understood about the situation. I agree, being very bossy and possibly a liar is something that should make our characters not like them as much, but my dwarf doesn't believe true hatred has to exist between dwarves or that any dwarf should be murdered or punished for this kind of thing. And I, as a player, don't think we should hate V-Norrec just because Norrec sometimes gets in our characters' way.

So yes, at this stage, let's try to move on from the drama, and try our best to keep in-character and out-of-character two separate things.

OOC: I agree 100%, though I'm not quite sure where you're getting the notion that Norrec has lied. Doesn't really matter anyway, though.
"It's one thing to feel that you are on the right path, but it's another to think yours is the only path."

Samthere

• Bay Watcher
  • RRRRRAAAAAAOR! <3
    • View Profile
« Reply #2351 on: November 24, 2010, 10:39:22 pm »

OOC: In character, I have no belief that Norrec has lied at any point. Out-of-character, I leave the possibility open at Hastur's suggestion only due to the liar trait. :D

Lillipad

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #2352 on: November 24, 2010, 10:43:16 pm »

There were two instances where Norrec lied in the prologue. One was against an NPC, the other was against me, but I approved of that.
Quote from: BaerTaffy
If Adele covered Aerosmith, that would be my life right now.

V-Norrec

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #2353 on: November 24, 2010, 10:49:22 pm »

OOC:  I never lied to the fortress, it'd be far too easy for that to catch up to me with a bunch of PC's around.  Also, I never did use OOC information in my heresy trials, I believe somebody is trying to resurrect Anexion or whatever but really I have no proof other than one person's word and the hints of foreboding from my communications with Hipobis Giltgold.  I strongly believe it though.  Not that I'll get the chance to prove it now because I'm a zombie for the foreseeable future.

Shade-o

• Bay Watcher
  • It's my greatest creation yet!
    • View Profile
« Reply #2354 on: November 24, 2010, 11:07:36 pm »

Cheddarius has died near the fortress while pulling his cart. That's what he gets for not bringing enough food. Maybe you can find his cart, though.
Apparently having a redundant creature entry causes the game to say, "Oh, look, it's crazy world now. Nothing makes sense! Alligators live in houses!"
Pages: 1 ... 155 156 [157] 158 159 ... 249