A lot
- 1 (9.1%)
A ton
- 1 (9.1%)
All of it
- 3 (27.3%)

Total Members Voted: 11

Pages: 1 ... 150 151 [152] 153 154 ... 249

Author Topic: Cobalt Fortress: Days 48 onward: This is the spring of our discontent  (Read 142745 times)

V-Norrec

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: Dwarf Fortress: Cobalt Edition: Chapter 1: Struck Earth
« Reply #2265 on: November 24, 2010, 07:13:14 am »

Lillipad will not kill again. He killed because Norrec was going around saying how he would torture people who wanted privacy, make your life miserable if you didn't do what he said, etc. There is nobody else like that.

You are incredibly naive if you believe I just wanted to torture people who wanted privacy.  We raised Cthulhu up earlier in this game, I'm trying to keep Cthulhu dead.  Also, forcing people to work towards a goal that keeps us all alive is something I refuse to apologize for.  Unlike you and Lillipad, I don't want to die before getting a fortress started, not that I have a say anymore.  Also, killing me pretty much lost all semi-plausibility when I announced Samthere and I had reached an agreement regarding his digging patterns.  So at this point, it's just an act of violence directed against me because I want people to:
a)  attempt to not die
b)  not raise Cthulhu from the dead
and c)  because I take the game seriously and Role-play as though I'm actually the character.

I'll leave it up to you guys to decide what the most likely out of those three are.
« Last Edit: November 24, 2010, 07:21:03 am by V-Norrec »

Ochita

• Bay Watcher
  • Doofus ghostus
    • View Profile
« Reply #2266 on: November 24, 2010, 10:45:52 am »

New timetable

00:00-01:00 Sleep~
01:00-24:00 OHGODDONTLETITBEOHGODNOTHISCANTBEHAPPENING

I also claim all of Norrecs stuff. The gold will be used as a tomb/Idol to her dragon god.
Quote from: Freeform
princest zaldo of hurl kindom: the mushroom aren't going to choice itself, ochita

Nirur Torir

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #2267 on: November 24, 2010, 10:48:07 am »

Kogan: "Kogan, we really need some tables. Perhaps more immediately though, we really need a coffin for Norrec. I'd appreciate if you could make one fairly soon so we can bury him properly. Well, properly as circumstances enable. Feel free to take your time on it to make sure it's nice, though."
"Alright, but we need me to get that floodgate installed first."

((Kogan will sleep through it, unless somebody specifically wakes him. He's only just fallen asleep, and a bit of screaming isn't going to kick him out of his slumber.))

Eat: Cooked food
Drink: Wine
Sleep: In tent

0000-0600: Sleep
0600-0700: Breakfast and talk with miners about floodgate plans (I need to know the specifications for the stone seals.) Learn about murder.
0700-0900: Post-breakfast nap Attempt to nap, but fail as I think about the murder and silently angst about sleeping through it all.
0900-1000: Worship Medtobolil.
1000-1800: Make stone seals for the floodgate.
1800-1900: Dinner
1900-2300: Make stone seals for the floodgate OR install everything if completed.
2300-2400:  Play with kitten. Encourage vermin-chasing.

6 hours sleep
2 hours eating
1 hour of worship
13 hours making stone floodgate seals (4 hours at night)

"We should put the murderer to death should he return, and send word back to the mountainhomes, but I don't think we have any dwarves to spare on a chase lasting more then one or two days, and I doubt he will survive for long out there anyway ... What, Shem already went after him? Bah."
((I'm assuming you didn't wait six hours to chase after the murderer. If you did, ignore that last sentence.))

Samthere

• Bay Watcher
  • RRRRRAAAAAAOR! <3
    • View Profile
« Reply #2268 on: November 24, 2010, 11:00:08 am »

"Shem, Mikhail has enforced his own exile and we shall send word to the Mountainhome of his crime. Never again will he enter a Dwarven settlement without punishment. We need you here to keep us safe from harm, not to seek harm for yourself. If you will go anyway, so be it, but leaving the punishment to come with time is not failing to deliver punishment."

dragonshardz

• Bay Watcher
  • [ETHIC:PONY:ACCEPTABLE]
    • View Profile
    • Steam Profile
« Reply #2269 on: November 24, 2010, 11:40:42 am »

Shem comes to his senses as he is about to leave camp.

"Eh, I s'pose yer right, Gar. I'll let the bast'rd be, fer now, but 'f 'e e'er shows 'is face again, he dies."

FuzzyZergling

• Bay Watcher
  • Zergin' erry day.
    • View Profile
« Reply #2270 on: November 24, 2010, 12:04:46 pm »

Mikhail, I think you should have a discussion with Zazit the Champion, she probably does not approve of you killing people in their sleep. Valor and all.

Revised actions:
Day 5
am:
24-1: Sleep.
1-2: Be horrified and slightly scared, check Norrec for signs of life.
2-6: Sleep.
6-7: Breakfast of chicken meat and dwarven rum.
7-12: Mine out river hole/tunnel, if that is finished go to the southern rooms.
pm:
13-18: Continue mining.
18-19: Supper of stew and dwarven rum.
19-21: Pray to Oggez.
21-24: Sleep.

Fuzz is rather repulsed and horrified, perhaps in shock.

CoughDrop

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #2271 on: November 24, 2010, 01:47:28 pm »

As for future immigrants, we can THREATEN them with punishment all we like. Hell if it would please you i can engrave a rich history of punishment on our walls, lets say 15 came with us on our embark and 4 were killed for various offenses, maybe for not working hard enough eh? would motivating the immagrants like that please you?

When have I ever gone towards the notion that I want a totalitarian government? There are many, many actions acceptable in our society here, but murder is not one of them. And as far as punishment has been carried out thusfar, I have always placed a democratic vote for the group to decide, and have even refrained from casting my own vote; Does this seem as though I am trying to threaten people with death if they do not follow my every whim? No. I have, and always will support the people dwarves.
« Last Edit: November 24, 2010, 01:55:43 pm by CoughDrop »
"It's one thing to feel that you are on the right path, but it's another to think yours is the only path."

Ochita

• Bay Watcher
  • Doofus ghostus
    • View Profile
« Reply #2272 on: November 24, 2010, 02:31:33 pm »

Actually... Let me change my timetable
00:00-01:00: Ahhh Sleep~
01:00-07:00: OH GOD WHAT THE HELL!!!
07:00-07:30: Eat breakfast... Alone
07:30-12:00: Collect Norrecs stuff. Keep away from that Noble
12:00-12:10: Kick that Noble soo hard
12:10-17:00: Carve a totem that has the Dragon god that Norrec had, also mine out a grave.
17:00-19:00: Bring a crossbow and leather armor. Go into the forest to pick flowers for the grave
20:00-22:00: Conduct final rites. Pray to Kun, Hipobis, Ekast (Make an oath to kill Lillipad) and finally Aexiesoen.
22:00-24:00: Stay by the grave...
Quote from: Freeform
princest zaldo of hurl kindom: the mushroom aren't going to choice itself, ochita

Lillipad

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #2273 on: November 24, 2010, 03:29:24 pm »

I'd just like to point out that if I ever do come back, it will probably be to kill you all now.
Quote from: BaerTaffy
If Adele covered Aerosmith, that would be my life right now.

Samthere

• Bay Watcher
  • RRRRRAAAAAAOR! <3
    • View Profile
« Reply #2274 on: November 24, 2010, 03:30:06 pm »

And what reason would your character have for that?

Lillipad

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #2275 on: November 24, 2010, 03:33:12 pm »

Renegade, loose cannon.

Samthere

• Bay Watcher
  • RRRRRAAAAAAOR! <3
    • View Profile
« Reply #2276 on: November 24, 2010, 03:36:47 pm »

What I'm asking is what made your character change from a loose cannon damn good cop to an unprovoked murderer with aspirations to murder a whole lot more?

CoughDrop

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #2277 on: November 24, 2010, 03:36:58 pm »

Renegade, loose cannon.

What the hell does killing a band of dwarves have to do with being a loose cannon? I think a vote should almost be cast that you no longer have control of your character, as you are suggesting doing meaningless acts that serve no purpose but to cause chaos for the other players. Note that that wouldn't be as meaningful if you hadn't already killed.
« Last Edit: November 24, 2010, 03:40:28 pm by CoughDrop »
"It's one thing to feel that you are on the right path, but it's another to think yours is the only path."

Lillipad

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #2278 on: November 24, 2010, 03:42:45 pm »

I killed Norrec because he was being a bad player. So sue me. If I go back you guys are definitely going to try to kill me, so I'm just saying that I'll be trying to kill you before you kill me. This is all in the event that I decide I even want to go back.

Samthere

• Bay Watcher
  • RRRRRAAAAAAOR! <3
    • View Profile
« Reply #2279 on: November 24, 2010, 03:46:47 pm »

I killed Norrec because he was being a bad player.

Norrec wasn't being a bad player, and you just said you made a character kill for player reasons. If you think trying to maintain a serious character is unreasonable, and you're going to make decisions based on problems with a player, maybe a roleplaying game isn't the right thing for you to be playing.

That aside, your character has no knowledge of what fate we may or may not have decided for you if you return, so posting an "I'm going to come back and kill you all" is unreasonable and only asking to stir things up further.

As an edit in, I didn't think what you were doing prior to this was bad or have any problem, but this act has totally thrown things up.

Further edit: your actions could be excused if you had something big to hide; i.e. you were the heretic Norrec was seeking, and your hand was forced. If this is the case then we won't know about it for some time.
« Last Edit: November 24, 2010, 04:01:06 pm by Samthere »
Pages: 1 ... 150 151 [152] 153 154 ... 249