A lot
- 1 (9.1%)
A ton
- 1 (9.1%)
All of it
- 3 (27.3%)

Total Members Voted: 11

Pages: 1 ... 147 148 [149] 150 151 ... 249

Author Topic: Cobalt Fortress: Days 48 onward: This is the spring of our discontent  (Read 142504 times)

Lillipad

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: Dwarf Fortress: Cobalt Edition: Chapter 1: Struck Earth
« Reply #2220 on: November 24, 2010, 01:53:21 am »

For starters, Norrec was the one that stole stuff I probably needed to successfully complete the generic Mountainhome mission. The partnership was basically terminated right then and there. Secondly, I couldn't fool around in the Necropolis because of Norrec on at least three occasions.
I've wanted to kill Norrec for a while because of that second incident. The annoying, overly serious RP was just one of the many(read as: few) things required to snap my (very brittle)nerves.
Quote from: BaerTaffy
If Adele covered Aerosmith, that would be my life right now.

V-Norrec

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #2221 on: November 24, 2010, 01:56:52 am »

Translation:  Lillipad hates that I take games seriously and can't handle people that take games seriously so he trolls them and tries to make their lives miserable.

Also, could somebody bury me, please?

Hastur

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #2222 on: November 24, 2010, 01:57:19 am »

I claim her bed! and the gold bars+anything else Drag it to my bedroom.

Shade-o

• Bay Watcher
  • It's my greatest creation yet!
    • View Profile
« Reply #2223 on: November 24, 2010, 01:59:42 am »

I'm fairly sure that Urist gets all her stuff.
Apparently having a redundant creature entry causes the game to say, "Oh, look, it's crazy world now. Nothing makes sense! Alligators live in houses!"

CoughDrop

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #2224 on: November 24, 2010, 02:00:41 am »

I claim her bed! and the gold bars+anything else Drag it to my bedroom.

OOC: Hastur, I HATE your character.
"It's one thing to feel that you are on the right path, but it's another to think yours is the only path."

V-Norrec

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #2225 on: November 24, 2010, 02:02:46 am »

So kill him, it's apparently to appropriate thing to do if you hate somebody's character, just murder them while they sleep.

Samthere

• Bay Watcher
  • RRRRRAAAAAAOR! <3
    • View Profile
« Reply #2226 on: November 24, 2010, 02:05:57 am »

Actually, we could use the gold for a sarcophogus for the randomly-murdered Norrec. If Urist agrees, I'll get to work on that today and change my schedule around to suit it.

Shade-o

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #2227 on: November 24, 2010, 02:07:23 am »

You'll need a place to stick the thing, too. Some sort of tomb?
Apparently having a redundant creature entry causes the game to say, "Oh, look, it's crazy world now. Nothing makes sense! Alligators live in houses!"

CoughDrop

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #2228 on: November 24, 2010, 02:08:10 am »

Actually, we could use the gold for a sarcophogus for the randomly-murdered Norrec. If Urist agrees, I'll get to work on that today and change my schedule around to suit it.

I would normally agree, though I think we may need that gold to sell for food... As much as I would like to honor Norrec's death with a golden sarcophogus, we need to think of those who are still alive. I'm sure Norrec would agree if he were still with us.
"It's one thing to feel that you are on the right path, but it's another to think yours is the only path."

IronyOwl

• Bay Watcher
  • Nope~
    • View Profile
« Reply #2229 on: November 24, 2010, 02:12:17 am »

Time to have some talks:

Kogan: "Kogan, we really need some tables. Perhaps more immediately though, we really need a coffin for Norrec. I'd appreciate if you could make one fairly soon so we can bury him properly. Well, properly as circumstances enable. Feel free to take your time on it to make sure it's nice, though."

Shem: "We need a place to put Norrec's coffin. I wouldn't mind just digging up a bit of dirt and burying it there, at least until we get proper catacombs beneath the surface. What do you think?"

Gar: "I'm setting up the forge right now [first thing in the morning]. If you want it to be a specific place or help out, now's the time."

I'm also speaking with a few people in private, though it's nothing sinister.

I have slightly more practical plans for the gold. Norrec would approve of them, I think.
Quote from: Radio Controlled (Discord)
A hand, a hand, my kingdom for a hot hand!
The kitchenette mold free, you move on to the pantry. it's nasty in there. The bacon is grazing on the lettuce. The ham is having an illicit affair with the prime rib, The potatoes see all, know all. A rat in boxer shorts smoking a foul smelling cigar is banging on a cabinet shouting about rent money.

Shade-o

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #2230 on: November 24, 2010, 02:14:41 am »

You find out that morning that Obok has brought in a bin of 5 gold bars, in addition to the 2 you already had. My head hurts.

Also, you're seriously going to bury him in dirt?

Lillipad

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #2231 on: November 24, 2010, 02:16:12 am »

You guys are acting like I'm getting some sort of advantage from killing Norrec, which is really aggravating. I have to continue the game in the forest as basically an opposing force to basically everyone. You guys get a free hatchet and 40 bolts. You also get my pile of unfinished crossbows. If anything, I'm losing, and you're gaining.
There's a chance that Litast will go insane, but otherwise you only lose the food and ale I took with me.

Shade-o: will there be an update to my achievements, kills, and the relationship tab?
Quote from: BaerTaffy
If Adele covered Aerosmith, that would be my life right now.

IronyOwl

• Bay Watcher
  • Nope~
    • View Profile
« Reply #2232 on: November 24, 2010, 02:17:21 am »

For now, maybe. We could carve a niche out for him, I suppose, but it's not going to be fancy whatever we do. I'd want to move him down to proper accommodations once we had some anyway.

And yes, I noticed we had more gold, but I think this would be better done with Norrec's gold.
Quote from: Radio Controlled (Discord)
A hand, a hand, my kingdom for a hot hand!
The kitchenette mold free, you move on to the pantry. it's nasty in there. The bacon is grazing on the lettuce. The ham is having an illicit affair with the prime rib, The potatoes see all, know all. A rat in boxer shorts smoking a foul smelling cigar is banging on a cabinet shouting about rent money.

V-Norrec

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #2233 on: November 24, 2010, 02:18:01 am »

... Yeah, and I get a huge disadvantage of BEING DEAD!

Also, if it's an idol to Hipobis and/or me, you are my hero for life.

CoughDrop

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #2234 on: November 24, 2010, 02:20:53 am »

Also, if it's an idol to Hipobis and/or me, you are my hero for life.

...But you're dead...
Pages: 1 ... 147 148 [149] 150 151 ... 249