A lot
- 1 (9.1%)
A ton
- 1 (9.1%)
All of it
- 3 (27.3%)

Total Members Voted: 11

Pages: 1 ... 143 144 [145] 146 147 ... 249

Author Topic: Cobalt Fortress: Days 48 onward: This is the spring of our discontent  (Read 142700 times)

V-Norrec

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: Dwarf Fortress: Cobalt Edition: Chapter 1: Struck Earth
« Reply #2160 on: November 23, 2010, 10:33:59 pm »

We'll be leaving after this day's actions go through.  (and I wake up from sleeping, of course)  I'm bringing supplies for 2 days too, who knows where we'll get teleported to this time.
« Last Edit: November 23, 2010, 10:35:58 pm by V-Norrec »

Cheddarius

• Bay Watcher
  • Hrm.
    • View Profile
« Reply #2161 on: November 23, 2010, 10:38:28 pm »

Norrec, can't you just leave people alone? Your ordering everyone around is getting tiresome.

Lillipad

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #2162 on: November 23, 2010, 10:40:36 pm »

In this case, it's not that he's bossing Rolan around, so much as he's setting a schedule that only offers a benefit to himself.
Quote from: BaerTaffy
If Adele covered Aerosmith, that would be my life right now.

Cheddarius

• Bay Watcher
  • Hrm.
    • View Profile
« Reply #2163 on: November 23, 2010, 10:42:50 pm »

I mean the chicken thing, privacy thing, etc.

Shade-o

• Bay Watcher
  • It's my greatest creation yet!
    • View Profile
« Reply #2164 on: November 23, 2010, 10:45:39 pm »

Fill their bed with snow while they sleep. That'll show 'em.
Apparently having a redundant creature entry causes the game to say, "Oh, look, it's crazy world now. Nothing makes sense! Alligators live in houses!"

Nirur Torir

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #2165 on: November 23, 2010, 10:46:58 pm »

Sandow "Hey my Golem is having problems. can a mechanic examine it?"
I'll see if I can spot anything wrong with it that I can fix here after the floodgate is installed.

Shade-o: How will connecting the floodgate to something that can open it work?

Shade-o

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #2166 on: November 23, 2010, 10:54:38 pm »

Typically you'd have to connect distant components like a lever and floodgate with a chain or rope, though you could use a pressure plate or similar to create a Ruben Goldberg machine that triggers based on flows or weights shifting.
Apparently having a redundant creature entry causes the game to say, "Oh, look, it's crazy world now. Nothing makes sense! Alligators live in houses!"

V-Norrec

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #2167 on: November 23, 2010, 10:59:20 pm »

. . . OK, trying to prevent wasted actions and creating a successful fortress is apparently not in everyone's interest now.  I would really like to know, what it is exactly that you would support Cheddar?  We're at a point where we need some sort of leader to keep people from doing whatever because the fortress can't afford whatever right now, in case you didn't notice.  Nobody else is stepping up to the plate and doing what has to be done.  I'm doing my best to create stable, easily maintained food supplies, so that later we have an easier time and we can get to the fun part, a.k.a. bossing around the migrants.  If you wall just want to muck around until the food supplies are all gone then I have an issue with that. 

So let's just get it all out right now, if you're in favor of not doing what has to be done, I'm going to be a jerk to you and try to get you in line so this fortress thrives and turns into a wonderful place.  If you try to hinder this fortress through fragmentation and wasting time with side-projects that don't really need to be done right now, I take issue with that because it doesn't contribute to our survival.  If, like me, you try to do things that contribute to the fortress and provide for the greater good (at least until we reach self-sufficiency) I'm not going to stop you.  I don't care what you do that helps us reach self-sufficiency, be it help us find food, mine out places to sleep and eat and such, hunt, farm, make goods for trading with a caravan, whatever, that's all good, going around digging out personalized quarters, trying to make yourself an office, worrying about ventilation systems long before we have farms set up, and generally wasting our food, I'm going to do my best to make your life miserable.  I don't think that's too outrageous right there.  I think it's pretty simple even.

dragonshardz

• Bay Watcher
  • [ETHIC:PONY:ACCEPTABLE]
    • View Profile
    • Steam Profile
« Reply #2168 on: November 23, 2010, 11:00:50 pm »

I'll just keep out of all this and keep digging out our shelter.

Lillipad

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #2169 on: November 23, 2010, 11:05:10 pm »

CoughDrop is the expedition leader Norrec. CoughDrop not being here doesn't change that. All you're doing is trying to get everything you want done, in case you hadn't noticed this is a multiplayer, meaning you aren't the only one allowed to give actions and suggestions.

For now, dragonshardz is one step away from going buddy cop with Mikhail.
Quote from: BaerTaffy
If Adele covered Aerosmith, that would be my life right now.

Shade-o

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #2170 on: November 23, 2010, 11:07:11 pm »

Wait, I thought that was all in character. Now I'm confused.

Nirur Torir

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #2171 on: November 23, 2010, 11:08:11 pm »

Norrec's crazy with that anti-heresy thing, but we really do need to get farmlands up quickly. Farming season is minimal, and every day that we delay on getting the farm room dug out is one day closer to sobriety.

We'll be fine sleeping in the tent for another week or two.

Rolan7

• Bay Watcher
  • [GUE'VESA][BONECARN]
    • View Profile
« Reply #2172 on: November 23, 2010, 11:08:51 pm »

Wait, I thought that was all in character. Now I'm confused.

Yeah, this.

I'll just keep out of all this and keep digging out our shelter.
What happened to that mercenary spirit?  :P
She/they
No justice: no peace.
Quote from: Fallen London, one Unthinkable Hope
This one didn't want to be who they was. On the Surface – it was a dull, unconsidered sadness. But everything changed. Which implied everything could change.

Cheddarius

• Bay Watcher
  • Hrm.
    • View Profile
« Reply #2173 on: November 23, 2010, 11:13:48 pm »

My stance is simple. I'm for a good fortress, I'm against forcing everyone to make a good fortress. I'm for people enjoying themselves and having a good time in the way they like best, whether that means making an unparalleled wonder or driving this fortress into the ground. Go ahead and attack my character if you want because of that. But if your plans are to whip everyone into line with torture, questioning, and trying to attack anyone who doesn't work with maximum efficiency, there is nobody who has professed to be on your side. You have only enemies. You will not succeed.

I'm not sure if he's in character. I'm guessing, at this point, that he's not. Just a hunch.

V-Norrec

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #2174 on: November 23, 2010, 11:22:19 pm »

((The heresy is a pre-text for me to act on both of the threats I am dealing with right now.  I'm most concerned about our fortress surviving all threats.  The threat of heresy is real, the threat of starvation is real.  I'm concerned about both.  You might not fall in-line behind the heresy debate but the starvation debate there is nothing to debate about, fall in line, get the farmlands set up, then worry about all other activities.  Survival comes first.  The heresy is a real threat though, and I will get find some way to prove it.  I knew releasing the god in a necropolis wasn't a good idea.  Also, that last post of mine wasn't in character primarily because Cheddar seems to think I'm being a jerk for giggles.  I'm not.  Also if we're not working at maximum efficiency, we'll never reach the point where we can do anything else.  We didn't bring enough food to last us so we need to be acting as though we are in a crisis now if we're going to make it long enough to see this fortress bloom.  I'll do whatever it takes to get this fortress thriving, whips, torture, inquistion, diplomacy.  I won't see this fortress failed.  Failure is not what my character would seek, and neither will I, and I don't care about rank or election either when it comes to a thriving fortress, while I'm at it.))
Pages: 1 ... 143 144 [145] 146 147 ... 249