A lot
- 1 (9.1%)
A ton
- 1 (9.1%)
All of it
- 3 (27.3%)

Total Members Voted: 11

Pages: 1 ... 139 140 [141] 142 143 ... 249

Author Topic: Cobalt Fortress: Days 48 onward: This is the spring of our discontent  (Read 142913 times)

Cheddarius

• Bay Watcher
  • Hrm.
    • View Profile
Re: Dwarf Fortress: Cobalt Edition: Chapter 1: Struck Earth
« Reply #2100 on: November 23, 2010, 08:04:00 pm »

Okay then. Nevertheless, I thought you might want to know that if you attempt to question Sam by force or impede him or his work in any way, I will attempt to protect him.

V-Norrec

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #2101 on: November 23, 2010, 08:06:03 pm »

Then you too will be tried, for protecting the heretic and his heretical practices.

Edit:  In case anybody is wondering, I encountered no less than three separate events out in the wilds that have convinced me heresy and witchcraft is at work here in our community.  It must be dealt with!
« Last Edit: November 23, 2010, 08:10:37 pm by V-Norrec »

Cheddarius

• Bay Watcher
  • Hrm.
    • View Profile
« Reply #2102 on: November 23, 2010, 08:08:38 pm »

Okay.

Shade-o

• Bay Watcher
  • It's my greatest creation yet!
    • View Profile
« Reply #2103 on: November 23, 2010, 08:13:27 pm »

I only count two, unless you have been having adventures without me or have a very lax standard for HERESY.
Apparently having a redundant creature entry causes the game to say, "Oh, look, it's crazy world now. Nothing makes sense! Alligators live in houses!"

V-Norrec

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #2104 on: November 23, 2010, 08:15:04 pm »

Well, one was pretty questionable, but it sounds better the posters.  The other two were quite solid though.

IronyOwl

• Bay Watcher
  • Nope~
    • View Profile
« Reply #2105 on: November 23, 2010, 08:16:26 pm »

So, the grand inquisitor can't be bothered to share these alarming events with the rest of the community, eh?

Methinks there's one more who needs a good questioning.
Quote from: Radio Controlled (Discord)
A hand, a hand, my kingdom for a hot hand!
The kitchenette mold free, you move on to the pantry. it's nasty in there. The bacon is grazing on the lettuce. The ham is having an illicit affair with the prime rib, The potatoes see all, know all. A rat in boxer shorts smoking a foul smelling cigar is banging on a cabinet shouting about rent money.

Shade-o

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #2106 on: November 23, 2010, 08:17:45 pm »

The only solid event was when Tholtig released an ancient dark power from imprisonment. I'm not sure what the other two could be, really.
Apparently having a redundant creature entry causes the game to say, "Oh, look, it's crazy world now. Nothing makes sense! Alligators live in houses!"

Cheddarius

• Bay Watcher
  • Hrm.
    • View Profile
« Reply #2107 on: November 23, 2010, 08:17:58 pm »

Hey Irony, given your previous treatment, would you be willing to band together with me and Sam to resist inquisition, etc.?

IronyOwl

• Bay Watcher
  • Nope~
    • View Profile
« Reply #2108 on: November 23, 2010, 08:21:46 pm »

Well he said "out in the wilds" so I assumed he meant while hunting or something. The unleashing bit was actually pretty civilized.

For Cheddarius, depends on what "band together" means. I'm generally pretty opposed to megalomaniacal sociopaths declaring themselves this and that to begin with, so I don't consider Norrec's new title any different from Hastur declaring himself Baron.
The kitchenette mold free, you move on to the pantry. it's nasty in there. The bacon is grazing on the lettuce. The ham is having an illicit affair with the prime rib, The potatoes see all, know all. A rat in boxer shorts smoking a foul smelling cigar is banging on a cabinet shouting about rent money.

V-Norrec

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #2109 on: November 23, 2010, 08:27:03 pm »

Well, if you must know, I will share with you.  In the first event I was tracking down an animal of unknown origins.  As I was about to enter the cave where it's tracks led I blacked out, for lack of a better word, and woke up with a deer who had a broken neck next to me much further north and east than I had traveled to reach that cave.  On the way back I found the horse and brought it back with me.  Once I arrived back here I tried to pray to Hipobis Giltgold to relate these events to him as he had expressed interest in events of this variety with event as it might relate to the true nature of Aexiesoen and when I attempted to pray I passed out for three hours and wasn't able to get into contact with Hipobis.

Clearly something is amiss in Iron with these events taking place.

Also, I'm not really declaring myself Grand Inquisitor, it's just clear to me that something is going on and I must take it into my own hands to get answers.

dragonshardz

• Bay Watcher
  • [ETHIC:PONY:ACCEPTABLE]
    • View Profile
    • Steam Profile
« Reply #2110 on: November 23, 2010, 08:27:37 pm »

You know...I could put a stop to this rather quickly, I think, if I felt like it or could be convinced to. The question is which side will get my services...

IronyOwl

• Bay Watcher
  • Nope~
    • View Profile
« Reply #2111 on: November 23, 2010, 08:28:09 pm »

Going mercenary might not be best for the fort in the long run. I have no doubt you'd be good at it, however.

Nirur Torir

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #2112 on: November 23, 2010, 08:29:09 pm »

Also, I'm not really declaring myself Grand Inquisitor, it's just clear to me that something is going on and I must take it into my own hands to get answers.
That's right. I can't be bothered to deal with this, just so long as I can make my ballista towers and apparently excessive amounts of traps. (They're not excessive!)

Shade-o

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #2113 on: November 23, 2010, 08:31:05 pm »

Norrec, it is entirely possible that you simply blacked out due to hunger and cold after catching and killing the fawn. Not everything has to be a roving force of darkness or immense plot by the gods to make your life confusing and mildly dangerous.

Cheddarius

• Bay Watcher
  • Hrm.
    • View Profile
« Reply #2114 on: November 23, 2010, 08:32:06 pm »

For Cheddarius, depends on what "band together" means.
I mean if V-Norrec grabs one of us and starts torturing or impeding him/her, we all agree to save him/her.

Norrec, it is entirely possible that you simply blacked out due to hunger and cold after catching and killing the fawn. Not everything has to be a roving force of darkness or immense plot by the gods to make your life confusing and mildly dangerous.
Just because you're paranoid doesn't mean they're not out to get you. :D
Pages: 1 ... 139 140 [141] 142 143 ... 249