A lot
- 1 (9.1%)
A ton
- 1 (9.1%)
All of it
- 3 (27.3%)

Total Members Voted: 11

Pages: 1 ... 132 133 [134] 135 136 ... 249

Author Topic: Cobalt Fortress: Days 48 onward: This is the spring of our discontent  (Read 143036 times)

V-Norrec

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: Dwarf Fortress: Cobalt Edition: Chapter 1: Struck Earth
« Reply #1995 on: November 21, 2010, 10:42:19 pm »

Yeah, I'm not saying the whole rest of the fort should go by the wayside, I know we have other ways of getting water, but having this all planned out will only help us as we try to expand our farms and such.  That and the tunnel being started while it's completely safe is smart.

Shade-o

• Bay Watcher
  • It's my greatest creation yet!
    • View Profile
« Reply #1996 on: November 21, 2010, 10:46:41 pm »

Tomorrow is the first day of spring!
Apparently having a redundant creature entry causes the game to say, "Oh, look, it's crazy world now. Nothing makes sense! Alligators live in houses!"

Rolan7

• Bay Watcher
  • [GUE'VESA][BONECARN]
    • View Profile
« Reply #1997 on: November 21, 2010, 10:53:43 pm »

"Given how bad our food situation is, I'll stop drinking my morning rum.  Water all day ):  With my freakish liver I should be fine.
I'll also stop logging altogether, devoting all my time to gathering plants for food.
It's going to be hard skipping lunch while my backpack's full of berries and mushrooms.  I hope it doesn't impact my performance."

(But actually Adil will eat lunch anyway, secretly, in shame.  Since she's gathering food, she needs to be working at 100%, and she doesn't have the mental strength to go hungry while carrying food.)

0000-0700: Sleep
0700-0800: Breakfast of Water and Sandow Stew
0800-1200: Harvesting plants.
1200-1300: Lunch of water and berries, hiding in the forest.
1300-1800: Harvesting plants.
1800-1900: Watch the sun set at camp.  Honor Kun.
1900-2000: Dinner of water and Sandow Stew
2000-2300: Go out by moonlight and try to gather more plants.  We're desperate.
2300-2400: Sleep
She/they
No justice: no peace.
Quote from: Fallen London, one Unthinkable Hope
This one didn't want to be who they was. On the Surface – it was a dull, unconsidered sadness. But everything changed. Which implied everything could change.

Hastur

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1998 on: November 21, 2010, 11:06:58 pm »

(HI GM its me SANDOW, I'd like my side-mining excursion to be at that square right past the smoothed wall, so right next to it. It will go up 3 squares and thats all really want it to go for right now.)

FuzzyZergling

• Bay Watcher
  • Zergin' erry day.
    • View Profile
« Reply #1999 on: November 21, 2010, 11:09:19 pm »

Spoiler (click to show/hide)
Hey Norrec, is this okay?

V-Norrec

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #2000 on: November 21, 2010, 11:12:34 pm »

Wasn't exactly my plan, I wanted the reservoir to be south of the farm so we can expand it as needed and for the entire thing to be underground, beside for the well that's just a little hole in the wall on the south side of the farm.  That'd probably be easier though and what with the lack of food, I guess beggars can't be choosers.

IronyOwl

• Bay Watcher
  • Nope~
    • View Profile
« Reply #2001 on: November 21, 2010, 11:19:07 pm »

12-7 Sleep
7-8 Breakfast of Num Num Rollies and Dwarven Rum
8-12 Grab a pickaxe and help mine (preferably to the south)
12-1 Lunch of Num Num Rollies and Dwarven Wine
1-7 Help mine
7-8 Dinner of Num Num Rollies and Dwarven Wine
8-9 Sing!
9-11 Help mine
11-12 Sleep

At the rate we're going, it'll take another three days just to get the tunnel going. I think we should get crops planted as soon as possible, rather than waiting for the cistern to be dug out.
Quote from: Radio Controlled (Discord)
A hand, a hand, my kingdom for a hot hand!
The kitchenette mold free, you move on to the pantry. it's nasty in there. The bacon is grazing on the lettuce. The ham is having an illicit affair with the prime rib, The potatoes see all, know all. A rat in boxer shorts smoking a foul smelling cigar is banging on a cabinet shouting about rent money.

dragonshardz

• Bay Watcher
  • [ETHIC:PONY:ACCEPTABLE]
    • View Profile
    • Steam Profile
« Reply #2002 on: November 21, 2010, 11:24:37 pm »

I'm going to continue mining the hallway, then the dormitory room, then the food storage/whatever room, then the dining room. After that....eh. I'll go along with the plans, though I do think we should get the tunnel between the river and wherever the cistern ends up dug out NOW so we can install a floodgate in it to prevent flooding while we dig the cistern, etc.

Hastur

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #2003 on: November 21, 2010, 11:27:44 pm »

000-700;7hours; Dig a side room with the help of my golem. it will be my room
700-800 ;1hour; eat the best available,warm it up at the fire. golem hauls my rocks outside, i make friends with the cats

800-1500;7hours;dig some more with assistance from golem.
1500-1600;1hour; eat the best available, and warm it up at the fire. golem does nothing, pet cats

1600-2300; sleep in tent in new room, golem stands guard in doorway.
2300-2400; eat in bedroom. have the golem warm it up in the fire.

If i finish my 3 squares bedroom at some point I make custom mugs for everyone.

V-Norrec

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #2004 on: November 21, 2010, 11:33:05 pm »

If we don't start the tunnel now, we're going to have a hell of a time trying to get that tunnel to be securely underneath the river with grates and floodgates, I'm not saying dig the whole thing out now, just start the tunnel while it's freezing and we can channel through the ice, then just put a simple stone floodgate in the first square of dirt to the right and then go back to digging out the farm.  If we do that, digging out the cistern later will be much easier and we won't have to worry about the tunnel flooding while we put the finishing touches on it.

Cheddarius

• Bay Watcher
  • Hrm.
    • View Profile
« Reply #2005 on: November 21, 2010, 11:33:28 pm »

The first post says you have over a thousand food... how long will that last?

dragonshardz

• Bay Watcher
  • [ETHIC:PONY:ACCEPTABLE]
    • View Profile
    • Steam Profile
« Reply #2006 on: November 21, 2010, 11:35:00 pm »

If we don't start the tunnel now, we're going to have a hell of a time trying to get that tunnel to be securely underneath the river with grates and floodgates, I'm not saying dig the whole thing out now, just start the tunnel while it's freezing and we can channel through the ice, then just put a simple stone floodgate in the first square of dirt to the right and then go back to digging out the farm.  If we do that, digging out the cistern later will be much easier and we won't have to worry about the tunnel flooding while we put the finishing touches on it.

Exactly my point. And my schedule is the same as usual.

Lillipad

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #2007 on: November 21, 2010, 11:58:40 pm »

Norrec, dragonshardz, it's spring next turn. Regardless of what plans you have, we can't finish the stupid pond thing before winter ends. We can start it whenever, then next winter we can finish your stupid pond thing without worrying about dying. We can continue with a surface farm by the river until then.
Quote from: BaerTaffy
If Adele covered Aerosmith, that would be my life right now.

V-Norrec

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #2008 on: November 22, 2010, 12:00:36 am »

Lillipad, we're in a cold environment, I'd be willing to bet, the first day of spring doesn't = instant unfreezing.  Why is everyone so hostile towards have a great start towards irrigation anyhow?

Lillipad

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #2009 on: November 22, 2010, 12:01:55 am »

Because we're in a cold environment living in the dirt/a tent? We need to hurry up and get those rooms dug up before we think about making an underground farm.
Quote from: BaerTaffy
If Adele covered Aerosmith, that would be my life right now.
Pages: 1 ... 132 133 [134] 135 136 ... 249