A lot
- 1 (9.1%)
A ton
- 1 (9.1%)
All of it
- 3 (27.3%)

Total Members Voted: 11

Pages: 1 ... 130 131 [132] 133 134 ... 249

Author Topic: Cobalt Fortress: Days 48 onward: This is the spring of our discontent  (Read 143043 times)

Ochita

• Bay Watcher
  • Doofus ghostus
    • View Profile
Re: Dwarf Fortress: Cobalt Edition: Chapter 1: Struck Earth
« Reply #1965 on: November 21, 2010, 02:20:45 pm »

Inv: 2 Gold bars (I'll keep them safe), Pickaxe and backpack. Plus dagger and 2 meals in food.
00-05 I sleep
05-05:30 Breakfast of what ever is the most abundant
5:30-07:00 Gather wood (Branches and the like) in the forest. If I can find other things bring them to rolan.
07:00-12:00 Mine out the plan
12:00-14:00 Have the same as Norrec is having and enjoy the company, Offer to go with her.
14:00-20:00 Work at mining.
20:00-21:00 Eat with norrec, gaze at the stars making her look like an angel
21:00-00:00 If V allows, help with the hunting. Prepare the bed.

« Last Edit: November 21, 2010, 04:22:24 pm by Ochita »
Quote from: Freeform
princest zaldo of hurl kindom: the mushroom aren't going to choice itself, ochita

V-Norrec

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1966 on: November 21, 2010, 04:09:13 pm »

Hey Lilli, could I borrow your crossbow and a quiver for hunting btw?

I'm not using mine yet, you can use them!

Rolan if it seems agreeable to you, please go try to find a plot of soil we can transplant to inside our cave that seems to have the best mix of plants within the next few turns, then we can go dig it up and transplant it to our farm.

Sounds good.

YEY!!!!  Thanks for letting me borrow it, you'll have it back tomorrow or the day after as I'm planning on coming back with something (hence the supplies for a full day I'm bringing)

Edit:  Ochita, the hunting is probably best to be done by 1 person, more silent that way and such.  Otherwise I'd let you come.  Feel free to borrow my bed though :D

Lillipad

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1967 on: November 21, 2010, 04:18:36 pm »

Once I can actually consistently make a crossbow that kills what it's pointed at, and not what's pointing it, I'll make you a hunting crossbow. I'll also upgrade every crossbow as much as I can.
Quote from: BaerTaffy
If Adele covered Aerosmith, that would be my life right now.

Ochita

• Bay Watcher
  • Doofus ghostus
    • View Profile
« Reply #1968 on: November 21, 2010, 04:21:59 pm »

I'll be waiting then... <3
princest zaldo of hurl kindom: the mushroom aren't going to choice itself, ochita

CoughDrop

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1969 on: November 21, 2010, 04:45:20 pm »

Really sorry for the delay, everyone. Posting lots of crap soon. And no worries about me not being on anymore. I'll be here for youu.

Have my glow scarab spend all of her time in the mine helping to light the rock

Day 3
0200-0900: Sleep
1000: Wake up; eat a hearty breakfast of lobster and rum
1100-1600: Take a pick and do some mining
1700:Eat lunch of lobster and rum
1800: Go around talking to each dwarf, trying to keep morale high
1900: Update stockpile records
2000-0000: More mining!
0100: Eat dinner; lobster and rum
0200: Sleep

Also, as for a pump, we shouldn't have one yet as we don't have someone that can constantly keep an eye on it. I suggest that we only have the fields at the entrance for now, and once we get our staircase dug out, I think we should put fields/dining room/kitchen/well all on the same z-level. (Will water pressure work normally, as in you can reset pressure by making water flow through corners?)
« Last Edit: November 21, 2010, 05:22:34 pm by CoughDrop »
"It's one thing to feel that you are on the right path, but it's another to think yours is the only path."

Ochita

• Bay Watcher
  • Doofus ghostus
    • View Profile
« Reply #1970 on: November 21, 2010, 05:29:30 pm »

Nirur we are going to need a talk soon...

Shade-o

• Bay Watcher
  • It's my greatest creation yet!
    • View Profile
« Reply #1971 on: November 21, 2010, 05:52:24 pm »

I think we should put fields/dining room/kitchen/well all on the same z-level. (Will water pressure work normally, as in you can reset pressure by making water flow through corners?)

I would recommend putting the farms on a lower level, just in case. And no, water works like normal. As in real life.
Apparently having a redundant creature entry causes the game to say, "Oh, look, it's crazy world now. Nothing makes sense! Alligators live in houses!"

CoughDrop

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1972 on: November 21, 2010, 05:56:50 pm »

I would recommend putting the farms on a lower level, just in case. And no, water works like normal. As in real life.

Well, I guess we could still use floodgates once the area below the well is filled. And it doesn't matter as much about the z-level, but how far it is from the farms to the food stockpiles (which will be near the dining room).
"It's one thing to feel that you are on the right path, but it's another to think yours is the only path."

Shade-o

• Bay Watcher
  • It's my greatest creation yet!
    • View Profile
« Reply #1973 on: November 21, 2010, 06:15:36 pm »

In case everybody missed it, you can cut stone and wood into blocks and beams. While these are obviously useful for construction, they are also better for manufacturing. It might not be very practical to 'double process' things right now, but you might want to eventually start stockpiling them when you don't have any clear production goals.

Beams can be done with either Woodcutting or Carpentry, and Blocks with Mining or Masonry.
« Last Edit: November 21, 2010, 06:25:29 pm by Shade-o »
Apparently having a redundant creature entry causes the game to say, "Oh, look, it's crazy world now. Nothing makes sense! Alligators live in houses!"

Hastur

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1974 on: November 21, 2010, 06:18:31 pm »

Inventory:  Leather Armor, Waterskin filled with Dwarven Beer for the hunting trip, Backpack (with 2 servings of Plump Helmets, 1 serving of Num Num rolls, 1 serving of Cave Crab.), Quarterstaff, Rolan's Crossbow and Quiver (borrowed).
(Give the gold bars to Urist for safe-keeping)

Midnight - 4:  Start off by telling Hastur if he cooks any more food today I'm going to kick him in the shin so hard he's going to have a broken leg.  Make sure to deliver on that promise if he attempts to cook any food.  While watching over the camp for the night pray and meditate on the essence of Hipobis Giltgold.

WTF is this. Start off by yelling indignantly and waking the whole camp. Mockingly parody the empty threats, repeat word for word. Then Ironically threaten with "If you dare to do something that you werent gonna do anyways I will have you boiled alive, feed you your own limbs so hard that after i feed your remains to my  chickens  they will vomit you up and then the dogs will eat you and then i will eat the dogs, poop you out and grow a pretty flower from the nutrients." Laugh in his face. "now if you are done trying to stroke your own ego, you'd better go find a better target because its not my fault you were wrong about the barrels. you leaped to far in your assumptions and im not the one making you feel like an idiot about it. I dont care if you can count or not but dont bring your shit to me. I like you I really do . I voted for you  in the election even, but lets get that energy directed somewhere else. I have no interest in these dick measuring contests. Im Just trying to make our food supplies last as best i can." Sandow follows up on the empty threats lol

(Smoothing stone was an enormous waste of time so im not making that mistake again. Did I roll low or something?)

Claim the bed.
000-700;7hours; Dig a side room with the help of my golem. it will be my room
700-800 ;1hour; eat the best available,warm it up at the fire. golem diggs in my place.

800-1500;7hours;dig some more with assistance from golem.
1500-1600;1hour; eat the best available, and warm it up at the fire. golem installs bed into my bedroom

1600-2300; sleep in bed, golem stands guard in doorway.
2300-2400; eat in bed. have the golem warm it up in the fire.

(Ps can i cut blocks with stonecrafting?EDIT:Nvrmind i guess that answers that)
« Last Edit: November 21, 2010, 06:38:11 pm by Hastur »

IronyOwl

• Bay Watcher
  • Nope~
    • View Profile
« Reply #1975 on: November 21, 2010, 06:36:51 pm »

In case everybody missed it, you can cut stone and wood into blocks and beams. While these are obviously useful for construction, they are also better for manufacturing. It might not be very practical to 'double process' things right now, but you might want to eventually start stockpiling them when you don't have any clear production goals.

Beams can be done with either Woodcutting or Carpentry, and Blocks with Mining or Masonry.
Do you mean to build workshops out of, or do you mean turning a boulder into a block into a mug produces a better mug than just going boulder to mug? Would this apply to, say, burning charcoal?

Just to clarify, workshops built out of higher quality tools and tables improve the results made using them, right?

How does melting items down work? Do we lose metal in the process like in DF, or does it just cost fuel and labor?
Quote from: Radio Controlled (Discord)
A hand, a hand, my kingdom for a hot hand!
The kitchenette mold free, you move on to the pantry. it's nasty in there. The bacon is grazing on the lettuce. The ham is having an illicit affair with the prime rib, The potatoes see all, know all. A rat in boxer shorts smoking a foul smelling cigar is banging on a cabinet shouting about rent money.

IronyOwl

• Bay Watcher
  • Nope~
    • View Profile
« Reply #1976 on: November 21, 2010, 06:56:00 pm »

12-8 Sleep
8-9 Breakfast: Sandow Stew and Dwarven Rum
9-10 Carve a rock flute
10-12 Play flute for miners
12-1 Lunch: Sandow Stew and Dwarven Beer
1-7 Grab pickaxe, help mine
7-8 Dinner: Sandow Stew and Dwarven Beer
8-9 Practice singing
9-10 Play with puppies
10-12 Practice throwing knives against a tree

Also, ask Adil: "Do you know if there's any sand around here? We'll need some eventually..."
Quote from: Radio Controlled (Discord)
A hand, a hand, my kingdom for a hot hand!
The kitchenette mold free, you move on to the pantry. it's nasty in there. The bacon is grazing on the lettuce. The ham is having an illicit affair with the prime rib, The potatoes see all, know all. A rat in boxer shorts smoking a foul smelling cigar is banging on a cabinet shouting about rent money.

Lillipad

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1977 on: November 21, 2010, 06:59:19 pm »

Isn't our embark site a beach, or something like that?
Quote from: BaerTaffy
If Adele covered Aerosmith, that would be my life right now.

FuzzyZergling

• Bay Watcher
  • Zergin' erry day.
    • View Profile
« Reply #1978 on: November 21, 2010, 07:04:44 pm »

Isn't our embark site a beach, or something like that?
I'm pretty sure we're at the bottom of a waterfall, in a sort of bowl-shaped hole in the cliff.
Still, sand would probably be available in the shallow water.

V-Norrec

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1979 on: November 21, 2010, 07:56:58 pm »

Inventory:  Leather Armor, Waterskin filled with Dwarven Beer for the hunting trip, Backpack (with 2 servings of Plump Helmets, 1 serving of Num Num rolls, 1 serving of Cave Crab.), Quarterstaff, Rolan's Crossbow and Quiver (borrowed).
(Give the gold bars to Urist for safe-keeping)

Midnight - 4:  Start off by telling Hastur if he cooks any more food today I'm going to kick him in the shin so hard he's going to have a broken leg.  Make sure to deliver on that promise if he attempts to cook any food.  While watching over the camp for the night pray and meditate on the essence of Hipobis Giltgold.

WTF is this. Start off by yelling indignantly and waking the whole camp. Mockingly parody the empty threats, repeat word for word. Then Ironically threaten with "If you dare to do something that you werent gonna do anyways I will have you boiled alive, feed you your own limbs so hard that after i feed your remains to my  chickens  they will vomit you up and then the dogs will eat you and then i will eat the dogs, poop you out and grow a pretty flower from the nutrients." Laugh in his face. "now if you are done trying to stroke your own ego, you'd better go find a better target because its not my fault you were wrong about the barrels. you leaped to far in your assumptions and im not the one making you feel like an idiot about it. I dont care if you can count or not but dont bring your shit to me. I like you I really do . I voted for you  in the election even, but lets get that energy directed somewhere else. I have no interest in these dick measuring contests. Im Just trying to make our food supplies last as best i can." Sandow follows up on the empty threats lol

(Smoothing stone was an enormous waste of time so im not making that mistake again. Did I roll low or something?)

Claim the bed.
000-700;7hours; Dig a side room with the help of my golem. it will be my room
700-800 ;1hour; eat the best available,warm it up at the fire. golem diggs in my place.

800-1500;7hours;dig some more with assistance from golem.
1500-1600;1hour; eat the best available, and warm it up at the fire. golem installs bed into my bedroom

1600-2300; sleep in bed, golem stands guard in doorway.
2300-2400; eat in bed. have the golem warm it up in the fire.

(Ps can i cut blocks with stonecrafting?EDIT:Nvrmind i guess that answers that)

The Bed is mine, I made it, I get first dibs.  If you want it, you'll have to give me something I want in exchange for it.
Pages: 1 ... 130 131 [132] 133 134 ... 249