A lot
- 1 (9.1%)
A ton
- 1 (9.1%)
All of it
- 3 (27.3%)

Total Members Voted: 11

Pages: 1 ... 122 123 [124] 125 126 ... 249

Author Topic: Cobalt Fortress: Days 48 onward: This is the spring of our discontent  (Read 142709 times)

IronyOwl

• Bay Watcher
  • Nope~
    • View Profile
Re: Dwarf Fortress: Cobalt Edition: Chapter 1: Struck Earth
« Reply #1845 on: November 18, 2010, 03:44:03 am »

That's alright. If you'd like any help with anything, just let me know, I'd be happy to help with calculations/paperwork/bookkeeping.
Quote from: Radio Controlled (Discord)
A hand, a hand, my kingdom for a hot hand!
The kitchenette mold free, you move on to the pantry. it's nasty in there. The bacon is grazing on the lettuce. The ham is having an illicit affair with the prime rib, The potatoes see all, know all. A rat in boxer shorts smoking a foul smelling cigar is banging on a cabinet shouting about rent money.

V-Norrec

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1846 on: November 18, 2010, 03:50:27 am »

It's all good, it's happened to me at times before too when I'm just feeling overwhelmed.  Make the calculations, B.S. a little, then off to a good nights rest.

Shade-o

• Bay Watcher
  • It's my greatest creation yet!
    • View Profile
« Reply #1847 on: November 18, 2010, 04:24:13 am »

Special events:

A holiday has been started! 25th Obsidian is Doom Day, celebrating the day that the brave explorers of the Doom of Canyons founded the Warhold of Icy Winds at the Iron Cliffs.

Shem has struck the earth, officially marking the first stage of Dwarf habitation in these lands.

The moon has changed phase from Waxing to Full! Now it provides full light at night, provided it is not storming.

Sandow has invented a recipe! By combining various common ingredients he has created a hearty and nutritious meal that is sure to be a hit amongst the working class!

Adil has discovered Wild Trailberries in the local area! These tart berries commonly found in wild forested areas, and are enough to sustain an explorer, but they can't be grown in controlled conditions.

Adil has discovered Pine in the local area! The wood is versatile, and the trees are plentiful in cold areas. Plants often grow in the shelter they provide.

Shem has discovered Granite in the local area! This hard igneous rock is a valuable building component once cut and polished, and is favoured the world over.

The front page is also fully updated for item changes.

If you (Adil) want to properly explore, revealing terrain further away, say something like "Explore North along the river" or "Explore East along the cliffs". You can stay away for as many days as you like, but you should bring some supplies, though you can eat snow and berries.
« Last Edit: November 18, 2010, 06:00:13 am by Shade-o »
Apparently having a redundant creature entry causes the game to say, "Oh, look, it's crazy world now. Nothing makes sense! Alligators live in houses!"

dragonshardz

• Bay Watcher
  • [ETHIC:PONY:ACCEPTABLE]
    • View Profile
    • Steam Profile
« Reply #1848 on: November 18, 2010, 04:35:19 am »

Uhm, Shade-o, Garric = Bearbelly.

Any rate, yeah, cave farms would be best situated south of the food storage - I forgot to throw that in there.

Samthere

• Bay Watcher
  • RRRRRAAAAAAOR! <3
    • View Profile
« Reply #1849 on: November 18, 2010, 09:19:15 am »

Digging Plan Gar-Alpha has turned out to be a larger project than expected. Gar wakes up, sore but rested, eats with his puppy, and gets straight back to his project. The mining is much more enjoyable when others are around to sing with while the strikes fall, or talk to during a breather.

00-08: Sleep in tent.
08-09: Eat breakfast of whatever's going around.
09-12: Continue digging according to Digging Plan Gar-Alpha.
12-13: Lunch of Sandow stew and wine outside; share drinks and discussion with Tholtig.
13-18: Continue digging according to Digging Plan Gar-Alpha; this time joined by Tholtig.
18-19: Dinner; again with Tholtig - what a delight!
19-24: Continue digging according to Digging Plan Gar-Alpha.

Also: "The stone table can wait a while longer; this might take longer than I expected."

Rolan7

• Bay Watcher
  • [GUE'VESA][BONECARN]
    • View Profile
« Reply #1850 on: November 18, 2010, 09:23:21 am »

If you (Adil) want to properly explore, revealing terrain further away, say something like "Explore North along the river" or "Explore East along the cliffs". You can stay away for as many days as you like, but you should bring some supplies, though you can eat snow and berries.

Ah, understood.  No time for that just yet.  Editted my post, here it is:
0000-0700: Sleep
0700-0800: Breakfast of Dwarven Rum and Mudworm paste
0800-1000: With axe and backpack, chop logs along the treeline.  Deliver them to camp as I fill my pack.
1000-1200: Harvest plants around the treeline again.  Look for new ones.
1200-1300: Lunch of water and something I gathered.  Time benefit for eating from backpack/ground?
1300-1800: Continue harvesting plants.
1800-1900: Watch the sun set at camp.  Honor Kun.
1900-2000: Dinner of water and something I gathered, or go hungry.
1900-2100: Experiment with milking the Purring Maggot.
2100-2300: Play with Denrhymed, relax.
2300-2400: Sleep
She/they
No justice: no peace.
Quote from: Fallen London, one Unthinkable Hope
This one didn't want to be who they was. On the Surface – it was a dull, unconsidered sadness. But everything changed. Which implied everything could change.

Nirur Torir

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1851 on: November 18, 2010, 10:00:28 am »

Meals are to be:
Food - Whatever we have an abundance of, no mudworm paste. Prefer perishables.
Drink - Any alcohol.
Sleep: In tent

000-0500: Create an external mason's workshop against the cliff, using two boulders which I'll turn into blocks.
0500-0600: Breakfast
0600-0700: Play with kitten. Encourage vermin-chasing.
0700-1200: Sleep.
1200-1300: Lunch. Move bin of papers into cave, to preserve them from rain.
1300-1800: Create stone tables (For workshop space, claimable by anyone)
1800-1900: Dinner
1900-2400: Sleep

Ochita

• Bay Watcher
  • Doofus ghostus
    • View Profile
« Reply #1852 on: November 18, 2010, 11:10:52 am »

Urist woke up in a cold sweat, shaking himself he saw it was around 02:00, sighing he set up watch. What did that mean..?

00:00-02:00 Sleep
02:00-08:00 Keep watch
08:00-08:15 Breakfast of some mudworm paste
08:15-19:00 Dig out room like so... According to the already existing plan. The room will be the pool/bath.
19:00-19:30 Honor kun with roland
19:30-20:00 Mudworm paste with some wine
20:00-24:00 Sleep...
Spoiler (click to show/hide)
Quote from: Freeform
princest zaldo of hurl kindom: the mushroom aren't going to choice itself, ochita

Samthere

• Bay Watcher
  • RRRRRAAAAAAOR! <3
    • View Profile
« Reply #1853 on: November 18, 2010, 11:51:18 am »

Spoiler (click to show/hide)
I'd like to reserve space to the right of c and b so we can expand the stockpiles and add smelters, kilns, etc. later on. If you built its entrance in line with E that'd be just fine, though.

Nirur Torir

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1854 on: November 18, 2010, 12:05:24 pm »

I am against having our stockpiles at the entrance, where invaders who manage to breach the outer walls can get to them.

We should consider carefully whether or not we want rooms connecting to each other, or if we only want a main corridor connecting them. If invaders manage to breach the outer walls, I feel that it would be more beneficial to either have a maze-like cluster of rooms, where our knowledge of our own homes would be beneficial, or a single corridor, where our well-trained warriors in their masterwork steel plate armor would be able to easily destroy weaker swarms of goblins.

Not that I intend to have walls that can be breached. It's just an extra layer of defense that takes little effort to work with now, but much more later, and is worth thinking about.

IronyOwl

• Bay Watcher
  • Nope~
    • View Profile
« Reply #1855 on: November 18, 2010, 12:28:30 pm »

I am against having our stockpiles at the entrance, where invaders who manage to breach the outer walls can get to them.

We should consider carefully whether or not we want rooms connecting to each other, or if we only want a main corridor connecting them. If invaders manage to breach the outer walls, I feel that it would be more beneficial to either have a maze-like cluster of rooms, where our knowledge of our own homes would be beneficial, or a single corridor, where our well-trained warriors in their masterwork steel plate armor would be able to easily destroy weaker swarms of goblins.

Not that I intend to have walls that can be breached. It's just an extra layer of defense that takes little effort to work with now, but much more later, and is worth thinking about.
Everything's near the entrance at the moment. I'm in favor of burrowing deeper before doing anything permanent, but clustering necessary rooms by the entrance at the moment seems sensible.
Quote from: Radio Controlled (Discord)
A hand, a hand, my kingdom for a hot hand!
The kitchenette mold free, you move on to the pantry. it's nasty in there. The bacon is grazing on the lettuce. The ham is having an illicit affair with the prime rib, The potatoes see all, know all. A rat in boxer shorts smoking a foul smelling cigar is banging on a cabinet shouting about rent money.

Shade-o

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1856 on: November 18, 2010, 05:07:46 pm »

I assumed that you were carving out a little hole in the cliff so that you would have shelter while you did bigger things, like building walls and making the fortress proper.
Apparently having a redundant creature entry causes the game to say, "Oh, look, it's crazy world now. Nothing makes sense! Alligators live in houses!"

Samthere

• Bay Watcher
  • RRRRRAAAAAAOR! <3
    • View Profile
« Reply #1857 on: November 18, 2010, 05:15:20 pm »

Yeah, digging will take too long to wait for a whole fortress to be dug down deep. We'll have to move later on.

V-Norrec

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1858 on: November 18, 2010, 06:12:01 pm »

Will my Trail Brew work or is that a worthless endeavour?

Shade-o

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1859 on: November 18, 2010, 06:29:45 pm »

Yep, trail brew will work.
Pages: 1 ... 122 123 [124] 125 126 ... 249