A lot
- 1 (9.1%)
A ton
- 1 (9.1%)
All of it
- 3 (27.3%)

Total Members Voted: 11

Pages: 1 ... 119 120 [121] 122 123 ... 249

Author Topic: Cobalt Fortress: Days 48 onward: This is the spring of our discontent  (Read 142596 times)

dragonshardz

• Bay Watcher
  • [ETHIC:PONY:ACCEPTABLE]
    • View Profile
    • Steam Profile
Re: Dwarf Fortress: Cobalt Edition: Chapter 1: Struck Earth
« Reply #1800 on: November 17, 2010, 09:18:37 pm »

"A leader should have power by the consent of the governed. Anything else is simply a different name for slavery."

Shem is deep.

Also;

"There will be no pit fighting while I have anything to say about it. We do not have the numbers to waste dwarven life in a fight over a decision that could be more easily and effectively reached via debate or vote."

Nirur Torir

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1801 on: November 17, 2010, 09:21:06 pm »

*whispers* "Just between you and me, I think i was getting at if you are gonna tell me what to do, lets see you try and make me, or anyone else. Good point on about the future though, We will assimilate migrants into the status quo, our status quo. I wouldnt waste any time on this really if it were up to me, but here I am anyways. :) I do like you better now though."
"Ah. No need to worry about me trying to tell ya what to do. I might ask at some point, but it will be friendly asking you're free to decline, not an order."

CoughDrop

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1802 on: November 17, 2010, 09:25:01 pm »

"Bringing everything I have on me.
Wake at 6, eat meals at 6, 12, 6, cutting down trees/breaking surface rocks on the east side of the river all day, sleeping at 7."

Oh god. Yes, we need to change this.

2200-0500: Sleep
0600: Wake up. Eat & drink uhhh... random.
0700-1200: Chop down trees near the tent, leaving the logs where they were felled
1300: Eat & drink random
1400-2000: Help with planting crops
2100: Eat & drink random
2200: Sleep
"It's one thing to feel that you are on the right path, but it's another to think yours is the only path."

IronyOwl

• Bay Watcher
  • Nope~
    • View Profile
« Reply #1803 on: November 17, 2010, 09:25:38 pm »

"A leader should have power by the consent of the governed. Anything else is simply a different name for slavery."

Shem is deep.

Also;

"There will be no pit fighting while I have anything to say about it. We do not have the numbers to waste dwarven life in a fight over a decision that could be more easily and effectively reached via debate or vote."
"I'm starting to like him."
Quote from: Radio Controlled (Discord)
A hand, a hand, my kingdom for a hot hand!
The kitchenette mold free, you move on to the pantry. it's nasty in there. The bacon is grazing on the lettuce. The ham is having an illicit affair with the prime rib, The potatoes see all, know all. A rat in boxer shorts smoking a foul smelling cigar is banging on a cabinet shouting about rent money.

CoughDrop

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1804 on: November 17, 2010, 09:31:44 pm »

"I'm starting to like him."

I liked him from the beginning. And, for the record, I see fit that a militia commander will be the ultimate in command whenever we are under siege. Though his actions can still be vetoed by the leader.
"It's one thing to feel that you are on the right path, but it's another to think yours is the only path."

Shade-o

• Bay Watcher
  • It's my greatest creation yet!
    • View Profile
« Reply #1805 on: November 17, 2010, 09:39:51 pm »

Shem to be militia commander? I guess he is more reliable than Mikhail...

Litast, do you want to put everybody on two rations a day, instead of three? Also those actions are a bit weird, they start and end at 2am, not midnight.
« Last Edit: November 17, 2010, 09:41:39 pm by Shade-o »
Apparently having a redundant creature entry causes the game to say, "Oh, look, it's crazy world now. Nothing makes sense! Alligators live in houses!"

CoughDrop

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1806 on: November 17, 2010, 09:46:56 pm »

Litast, do you want to put everybody on two rations a day, instead of three? Also those actions are a bit weird, they start and end at 2am, not midnight.

Ehhhh. I think we should have 3 rations a day, seeing as it is still very cold here, and I want everyone to have enough energy to start planting. And I am happy with the way the actions for both Litast and Mikhail are set up.

Rolan7

• Bay Watcher
  • [GUE'VESA][BONECARN]
    • View Profile
« Reply #1807 on: November 17, 2010, 09:48:25 pm »

I'm sorry to bring it up again, but everyone seems to know roughly how much food we're going to be able to grow/collect, so I keep thinking I missed a message.  Though, it hardly matters if we're getting the day's results soon (:
She/they
No justice: no peace.
Quote from: Fallen London, one Unthinkable Hope
This one didn't want to be who they was. On the Surface – it was a dull, unconsidered sadness. But everything changed. Which implied everything could change.

Lillipad

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1808 on: November 17, 2010, 09:50:34 pm »

We're both pretty equal. It's just a matter of "who would make a better and/or more amusing leader of the army?" Besides, I've saved a bunch of red shirts and sent a barge flying. I've mostly been joking around since there hasn't been much for me to do(useless human bowyers) lately.
Quote from: BaerTaffy
If Adele covered Aerosmith, that would be my life right now.

Nirur Torir

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1809 on: November 17, 2010, 09:55:58 pm »

I'm sorry to bring it up again, but everyone seems to know roughly how much food we're going to be able to grow/collect, so I keep thinking I missed a message.  Though, it hardly matters if we're getting the day's results soon (:
3 months for plump helmets, 6 months for most stuff.
6 months per year are warm enough for growing
Each plot takes 1 unit of seeds
Each plot yields 0-5 units of plants.
We're all going to be eating vermin before the caravan arrives.

Hastur

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1810 on: November 17, 2010, 09:57:28 pm »

Dont forget chickens lay eggs, and I can cook up herbs, and seeds too. A real leader would not let us starve. For the greater good.
« Last Edit: November 17, 2010, 10:10:41 pm by Hastur »

Shade-o

• Bay Watcher
  • It's my greatest creation yet!
    • View Profile
« Reply #1811 on: November 17, 2010, 10:01:14 pm »

Alright, so if everybody is content, I shall complete DAY ONE.

Wait, Litast never told the caravan anything. You must tell them what they need to bring in autumn, any notes on travel, and any messages to back home.
Apparently having a redundant creature entry causes the game to say, "Oh, look, it's crazy world now. Nothing makes sense! Alligators live in houses!"

CoughDrop

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1812 on: November 17, 2010, 10:16:20 pm »

I'm really not sure as I have no idea what our fortress's food output will be... Perhaps a couple of cows, a male glow scarab, and a couple month's worth of food and drink. Anyone else have suggestions?

Nirur Torir

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1813 on: November 17, 2010, 10:17:34 pm »

That's right! I wrote a message to ... whatever I named my son last night.

I hand the letter to somebody on the caravan, describe my son, and where he lives, and then ask them to give it to him.

To Tosid
We've finally arrived at the site of our future fortress. It was a long trip, complete with an obligatory adventure. While we were stopped in a human town, one of my companions found out from the head priest that there was some sort of "scary" ruin beneath the town. Aside from a magical fear trap, and some heavy time-induced erosion, it was fairly normal. There were some stuffed monsters in the middle, as well as an imprisoned god, who we freed. Our brewer was furious, you should have seen the look on her face. I think the god came with us after being freed, but it's a bit hard to tell with gods. I received some architectural books from the humans. They had some interesting insights, which I should be able to merge with dwarven knowledge to build some truly stunning walls.

It's a bit cold here, but not too bad. There's a river, which we hope will thaw soon. We're not sure how long our food will last, but we should be able to ration it out until the next caravan arrives. It's late, and I'm exhausted from the trip. I'll write more soon, but you probably won't get any other letters for half a year.

Stay safe, son.

I'm really not sure as I have no idea what our fortress's food output will be... Perhaps a couple of cows, a male glow scarab, and a couple month's worth of food and drink. Anyone else have suggestions?
Multiple glow scarabs. Lots of food and drink.

Hastur

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1814 on: November 17, 2010, 10:19:57 pm »

Moar chickens, they can produce nearly an egg a day if they are good.
Pages: 1 ... 119 120 [121] 122 123 ... 249