A lot
- 1 (9.1%)
A ton
- 1 (9.1%)
All of it
- 3 (27.3%)

Total Members Voted: 11

Pages: 1 ... 118 119 [120] 121 122 ... 249

Author Topic: Cobalt Fortress: Days 48 onward: This is the spring of our discontent  (Read 142531 times)

Samthere

• Bay Watcher
  • RRRRRAAAAAAOR! <3
    • View Profile
Re: Dwarf Fortress: Cobalt Edition: Chapter 1: Struck Earth
« Reply #1785 on: November 17, 2010, 08:33:22 pm »

"Now now, pit fights between two sane and dutiful dwarves sounds pretty illegal to me. Between prisoners and captured creatures, fine, but we musn't forget to save our bloodlust for the non-Dwarven traders."

Hastur

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1786 on: November 17, 2010, 08:37:45 pm »

But I'd lose quickly in a pit fight.
"You have no rights to a fair fight, win any way you can. You have only whatever rights you can enforce. We will give you nothing, win our support somehow or conclude its not worth it,cuz  we're not here to settle it for you two.

Anything worth having is worth fighting for." *whispers* "so if its not worth it just give up"

CoughDrop

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1787 on: November 17, 2010, 08:39:27 pm »

But I'd lose quickly in a pit fight.
"You have no rights to a fair fight, win any way you can. You have only whatever rights you can enforce. We will give you nothing, win our support somehow or conclude its not worth it,cuz  we're not here to settle it for you two.

Anything worth having is worth fighting for." *whispers* "so if its not worth it just give up"

>_> No pit fighting.
"It's one thing to feel that you are on the right path, but it's another to think yours is the only path."

IronyOwl

• Bay Watcher
  • Nope~
    • View Profile
« Reply #1788 on: November 17, 2010, 08:43:42 pm »

I don't see what's complicated about it. Just start arguing which one of you would make a better second in command. Or something.

Spoiler: PHILOSOPHY (click to show/hide)

Maybe we could structure it like a political debate or something. I'm fine with you two just talking, but if you really need some structure I guess we could ask questions.

Incidentally, I find it quite ironic how much trouble we're going through over who gets backup leader, considering how quick we picked an actual leader.
Quote from: Radio Controlled (Discord)
A hand, a hand, my kingdom for a hot hand!
The kitchenette mold free, you move on to the pantry. it's nasty in there. The bacon is grazing on the lettuce. The ham is having an illicit affair with the prime rib, The potatoes see all, know all. A rat in boxer shorts smoking a foul smelling cigar is banging on a cabinet shouting about rent money.

Shade-o

• Bay Watcher
  • It's my greatest creation yet!
    • View Profile
« Reply #1789 on: November 17, 2010, 08:44:18 pm »

How about I roll three rounds of debate, and the winner gets the job plus a trait?
Apparently having a redundant creature entry causes the game to say, "Oh, look, it's crazy world now. Nothing makes sense! Alligators live in houses!"

FuzzyZergling

• Bay Watcher
  • Zergin' erry day.
    • View Profile
« Reply #1790 on: November 17, 2010, 08:45:50 pm »

Yes, let us question them.
They shall be tested.

Nirur Torir

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1791 on: November 17, 2010, 08:47:55 pm »

Ask your questions, bridgekeepers of power. I am not afraid.

Hastur

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1792 on: November 17, 2010, 08:50:49 pm »

*sarcastically* "Lets all give ourselves all sorts of Titles and prance and mince around in a great big circlejerk. I declare myself Lord of the the Dance!

Im not about to follow somebody who didnt really want it. Why dont you guys just flip a coin then."

Nirur Torir

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1793 on: November 17, 2010, 08:52:05 pm »

It's worth fighting for, just not worth the 83% chance of my head exploding.

Shade-o

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1794 on: November 17, 2010, 08:56:41 pm »

Commencing rolls. Since neither of you have any particular bonuses to social communication and intellectualism, it's roughly equal.

Kogan wins!
« Last Edit: November 17, 2010, 08:58:54 pm by Shade-o »
Apparently having a redundant creature entry causes the game to say, "Oh, look, it's crazy world now. Nothing makes sense! Alligators live in houses!"

Hastur

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1795 on: November 17, 2010, 08:59:48 pm »

"if you cant command by force then how will you lead? Respect? Consent? Consent begins and ends with the individual, A leader must impose their will over others, otherwise it is just everyone doing what they feel like. Personally I cant trust somebodys decisions untill I am satisfied it is in my best interest to do so.

Cant we all just do what we feel like? We are not kobolds, we are dwarves, and we have a sense of unity to keep us functioning together already. I feel a sense of duty to everyone else, Is there anybody here who would not sacrifice for one another (except that guy who didnt want to dig for me you know who you are). The needs of the many outweigh the needs of the few. A great dwarf once said that."

Rolan7

• Bay Watcher
  • [GUE'VESA][BONECARN]
    • View Profile
« Reply #1796 on: November 17, 2010, 09:01:13 pm »

*sarcastically* "Lets all give ourselves all sorts of Titles and prance and mince around in a great big circlejerk. I declare myself Lord of the the Dance!

"[ I ] am the true Lord of the Dance.  No matter what those idiots at work say."
Gotta love Weird Al.
« Last Edit: November 17, 2010, 09:06:12 pm by Rolan7 »
She/they
No justice: no peace.
Quote from: Fallen London, one Unthinkable Hope
This one didn't want to be who they was. On the Surface – it was a dull, unconsidered sadness. But everything changed. Which implied everything could change.

Nirur Torir

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1797 on: November 17, 2010, 09:02:30 pm »

Commencing rolls. Since neither of you have any particular bonuses to social communication and intellectualism, it's roughly equal.

Kogan wins!
Praise be to Armok!

"if you cant command by force then how will you lead? Respect? Consent? Consent begins and ends with the individual, A leader must impose their will over others, otherwise it is just everyone doing what they feel like. Personally I cant trust somebodys decisions untill I am satisfied it is in my best interest to do so.
A government that rules by force is barely better then anarchy.

Cant we all just do what we feel like? We are not kobolds, we are dwarves, and we have a sense of unity to keep us functioning together already. I feel a sense of duty to everyone else, Is there anybody here who would not sacrifice for one another (except that guy who didnt want to dig for me you know who you are). The needs of the many outweigh the needs of the few. A great dwarf once said that."
What are you getting at? While it's just us, I agree that we have no great need of a leader. What about when we have 50 dwarves here? 200? 1000?

Hastur

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1798 on: November 17, 2010, 09:10:20 pm »

*whispers* "Just between you and me, I think i was getting at if you are gonna tell me what to do, lets see you try and make me, or anyone else. Good point on about the future though, We will assimilate migrants into the status quo, our status quo. I wouldnt waste any time on this really if it were up to me, but here I am anyways. :) I do like you better now though."

Shade-o

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1799 on: November 17, 2010, 09:10:45 pm »

Alright, so if everybody is happy with their actions on page 110...

CoughDrop, do you want Mikhail to do something else?
Pages: 1 ... 118 119 [120] 121 122 ... 249