A lot
- 1 (9.1%)
A ton
- 1 (9.1%)
All of it
- 3 (27.3%)

Total Members Voted: 11

Pages: 1 ... 111 112 [113] 114 115 ... 249

Author Topic: Cobalt Fortress: Days 48 onward: This is the spring of our discontent  (Read 142728 times)

V-Norrec

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: Dwarf Fortress: Cobalt Edition: Chapter 1: Struck Earth
« Reply #1680 on: November 17, 2010, 04:36:49 am »

Hey, I didn't steal/cheat anybody in any of the human towns.  I just really wanted to get rid of that "In-debt" trait.  Now that I'm debt-free I can run a solid business.

On the subject of 2nd in-command, it really doesn't matter until CoughDrop takes a vacation, why you guys fighting so hard for it???

If we're going to have an election though. . .

I have a proven record of taking a strong stance against corruption, have a story full of hardship and overcoming said hardships.  My opponents have had everything handed to them in life while I've worked hard to achieve my success.  If you vote for me, you'll be voting for a dwarf unafraid of challenge and able to get the job done.  I'm Norrec Rikkirmebzuth, and I approve this message.

Shade-o

• Bay Watcher
  • It's my greatest creation yet!
    • View Profile
« Reply #1681 on: November 17, 2010, 04:39:11 am »

You're actually out of debt because as far as they know, Norrec disappeared. You're Norrec's sister, Norrec.
Apparently having a redundant creature entry causes the game to say, "Oh, look, it's crazy world now. Nothing makes sense! Alligators live in houses!"

V-Norrec

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1682 on: November 17, 2010, 04:40:23 am »

Pfft, I don't care how I got out of debt, I got out and now I don't have to worry about it biting me in the ass as I start my tavern.  That's why I was trying to go around town finding as many riches as possible.

Though now that you mention it, I should probably change my name >.>  <.<  Just to be safe of course.

IronyOwl

• Bay Watcher
  • Nope~
    • View Profile
« Reply #1683 on: November 17, 2010, 04:42:13 am »

*cough**cough*

Commander of Defenses? (AKA Militia Captain)
Huh. Yeah, that'd be a good fit.

To be fair, your only competition would be a ballista tower-crazy mechanic and a hard-boiled loose cannon. Though the loose cannon did bring several vulnerable recruits back alive from a suicide mission...

...also, now I want a buddy cop movie with all three of you.

You're actually out of debt because as far as they know, Norrec disappeared. You're Norrec's sister, Norrec.
Wait, crap. I was gonna run a campaign showing him being questioned by a journalist as to whether he had ever ambushed a complete stranger with a ballista, but I don't remember if that happened before or after the change. He might have complete deniability.
Quote from: Radio Controlled (Discord)
A hand, a hand, my kingdom for a hot hand!
The kitchenette mold free, you move on to the pantry. it's nasty in there. The bacon is grazing on the lettuce. The ham is having an illicit affair with the prime rib, The potatoes see all, know all. A rat in boxer shorts smoking a foul smelling cigar is banging on a cabinet shouting about rent money.

V-Norrec

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1684 on: November 17, 2010, 04:43:54 am »

Before the change, I got the change just before Mikhail crashed the barge into the captains office.

Also there were not witnesses.  NOBODY LIVED TO TELL THE TALE OF THE ROGUE BALLISTA OPERATOR!

Shade-o

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1685 on: November 17, 2010, 04:44:40 am »

First, that was three complete strangers with a ballista, plus two others after the initial shot. There were no witnesses left alive, though.

Norrec has never taken a prisoner. It's always strangle this and point-blank-crossbow-through-the-head that.
Apparently having a redundant creature entry causes the game to say, "Oh, look, it's crazy world now. Nothing makes sense! Alligators live in houses!"

dragonshardz

• Bay Watcher
  • [ETHIC:PONY:ACCEPTABLE]
    • View Profile
    • Steam Profile
« Reply #1686 on: November 17, 2010, 04:45:59 am »

No way in hell am I doing a budy cop thing willingly, unless I find it amusing at some point.

That said, I, aside from Litast, am the only certifiably stable dwarf in the expedition team.

IronyOwl

• Bay Watcher
  • Nope~
    • View Profile
« Reply #1687 on: November 17, 2010, 04:48:30 am »

I think he only hit two with the first shot, though. Wasn't it four total? Anyway, didn't he drag one back hoping for a reward, or was that Lillipad?

Sadly, this was all Norrec's doing, not Norrec. At least Norrec is still guilty of grand arson, theft, and forgery.

EDIT: Also, I was going to point out that Gar's pretty stable, but he did in fact leap into the darkness to rescue his friends. So... you win this round, but you know what they say. In a crazy world, a sane man's crazy. :D
The kitchenette mold free, you move on to the pantry. it's nasty in there. The bacon is grazing on the lettuce. The ham is having an illicit affair with the prime rib, The potatoes see all, know all. A rat in boxer shorts smoking a foul smelling cigar is banging on a cabinet shouting about rent money.

Shade-o

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: Dwarf Fortress: Cobalt Edition: Prologue: Orngim Trail
« Reply #1688 on: November 17, 2010, 04:49:02 am »

^Two were shot straight through by the bolt, another lost a hand, and the other two were fought normally.

Looking for something to do, you punch a random stranger at the bar. Soon, a full scale brawl has erupted and you're sitting back contently while sipping rum. Within a few minutes it has spilled into the streets. Do you get kicks from causing destruction?

Quote from: CoughDrop
Hell yeah! Being a Dwarf misanthrope, this is quite entertaining. Ask the bartender if he might know a way I could make a quick buck, despite being able to craft jewels. Litast lives for adventure.

They later robbed three houses during the chaos caused by the riot.

V-Norrec

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1689 on: November 17, 2010, 04:50:55 am »

Hey, I was fighting gangs, I feel no guilt.  It was all for my protection so they couldn't go get their gangster friends to come try to kill me.

Also you're wrong dragon, physically and mentally I'm absolutely stable with Jaded, Super-Sane, Unbreakable, AND Survivor.  That definitely puts me in the running for being a stable dwarf.  You might be able to argue misguided, but it'd be really hard to change my course once I set it.  (Unless you're a god, stupid Cosmic Plaything)

Furthermore, fem Norrec isn't guilty of anything until it's proven, and good luck finding a witness since that was all black-ops. 

IronyOwl

• Bay Watcher
  • Nope~
    • View Profile
« Reply #1690 on: November 17, 2010, 04:53:16 am »

There's that one dependable guard who held the alleyway. He knows, Norrec. He knows.

In any case, traits or no traits, you're still a temperature-sensitive serial killer CITIZEN GONE ROGUE.

Shade-o

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1691 on: November 17, 2010, 04:55:05 am »

Haha, yeah, that guard really kicked you around. Really makes a difference when the enemy has superior weapons, armour and position, don't it?

dragonshardz

• Bay Watcher
  • [ETHIC:PONY:ACCEPTABLE]
    • View Profile
    • Steam Profile
« Reply #1692 on: November 17, 2010, 04:57:09 am »

Okay, True, Norrec may have those traits.

Still doesn't mean he can't be fucked in th head anyway, one man's sane is another man's batshit insane.

V-Norrec

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1693 on: November 17, 2010, 04:58:43 am »

Pfft, we got through it in the end by throwing shit at him until he ran away crying like a little girl.  But yeah, I'm totally going on an epic adventure to Iris once I get Steel Plate Armor, a Steel Shield and Sword, and about 3 layers of leather clothing.  I don't know what I'll find there, but I'm hoping it leads to some epic scenes.

((I'm totally hoping to meet Hipobis Giltgold while leading a massacre of kobold tribesman.))
« Last Edit: November 17, 2010, 05:00:31 am by V-Norrec »

IronyOwl

• Bay Watcher
  • Nope~
    • View Profile
« Reply #1694 on: November 17, 2010, 05:00:11 am »

Pfft, we got through it in the end by throwing shit at him until he ran away crying like a little girl.  But yeah, I'm totally going on an epic adventure to Iris once I get Steal Plate Armor, a Steel Shield and Sword, and about 3 layers of leather clothing.  I don't know what I'll find there, but I'm hoping it leads to some epic scenes.
Freudian slip? :P
Pages: 1 ... 111 112 [113] 114 115 ... 249