A lot
- 1 (9.1%)
A ton
- 1 (9.1%)
All of it
- 3 (27.3%)

Total Members Voted: 11

Pages: 1 ... 89 90 [91] 92 93 ... 249

Author Topic: Cobalt Fortress: Days 48 onward: This is the spring of our discontent  (Read 142920 times)

IronyOwl

• Bay Watcher
  • Nope~
    • View Profile
Re: Dwarf Fortress: Cobalt Edition: Prologue: Orngim Trail
« Reply #1350 on: November 15, 2010, 07:51:52 pm »

Man, if we're unleashing this many ancient horrors now, just wait until we dig too greedily and too deep!
Ancient horrors? That was just a god of chaos, not an ancient horror.
Spoil my fun, why don't you. :(

"Oh, well, it all started when I discovered that a priest had supposedly been fearing for his life...

...so needless to say, we agreed to descend into the ancient trap-and-monster-laden labyrinth of madness...

...which is when I awakened the god! So he sucked us up into a demiplane, had a nice chat, and gave us gifts! Then he dropped us off on some of our friends, but to be fair Norrec is pretty mean anyway."
Quote from: Radio Controlled (Discord)
A hand, a hand, my kingdom for a hot hand!
The kitchenette mold free, you move on to the pantry. it's nasty in there. The bacon is grazing on the lettuce. The ham is having an illicit affair with the prime rib, The potatoes see all, know all. A rat in boxer shorts smoking a foul smelling cigar is banging on a cabinet shouting about rent money.

Ochita

• Bay Watcher
  • Doofus ghostus
    • View Profile
« Reply #1351 on: November 15, 2010, 07:52:41 pm »

Umm... I was trapped in a black void, not able to move, this voice asked who I was and what was my purpose. I responded with my name and that I wanted to protect my friends, I impressed a god. We got on and now I can stonecraft. He thought I wanted help with love... V... Anyway I am making a small shrine. It can't hurt can it?"
Quote from: Freeform
princest zaldo of hurl kindom: the mushroom aren't going to choice itself, ochita

V-Norrec

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1352 on: November 15, 2010, 07:53:39 pm »

Begin my public inquisition into the dwarves who returned from the blackness, I'll start with Urist Ore Balance, then Adil, then Gar, then Kogan, and finally Tholtig.  I will ask the first four dwarves questions in the following order.

1)  "Why did you enter into the blackness?"

2)  "What did you discover while you were there?"

3)  "Do you still worship the Dwarf Pantheon?"

4)  "What did the elder god desire from you?"

5)  "Do you agree to renounce all ties to the elder god?"

Ask Tholtig the following questions

1)  Why did you alone decide it was a good idea to release something that had been imprisoned for centuries?

2)  Why did you put the entire expedition at risk by shouting into the darkness in a possibly hostile environment?

3)  What did the elder god want of you when you met him?

4)  Do you agree to renounce any and all ties to this "god"?

After this, make a recommendation to Litast that Tholtig be punished by being forced to live as a sufacer for a period no shorter than one year.

dragonshardz

• Bay Watcher
  • [ETHIC:PONY:ACCEPTABLE]
    • View Profile
    • Steam Profile
« Reply #1353 on: November 15, 2010, 07:54:55 pm »

After this, make a recommendation to Litast that Tholtig be punished by being forced to live as a sufacer for a period no shorter than one year.

Support this idea fully, with a hand on my pick and a grim visage on my face.

IronyOwl

• Bay Watcher
  • Nope~
    • View Profile
« Reply #1354 on: November 15, 2010, 07:57:51 pm »

Ask Tholtig the following questions

1)  Why did you alone decide it was a good idea to release something that had been imprisoned for centuries?
"Well, em... it's not like there was a whole lot of options, right? I mean, we either let it go and it's not a problem down there, or we find a thicker wall. It was already being spooky just by being down there, and it's not like we had any real reason to think he was hostile, just mistaken."

2)  Why did you put the entire expedition at risk by shouting into the darkness in a possibly hostile environment?
Give Norrec a funny look. "What would have been down there that was dangerous and wouldn't see our lanterns?"

3)  What did the elder god want of you when you met him?
"To give me a present as thanks for helping him."

4)  Do you agree to renounce any and all ties to this "god"?
"What? No, why would I do that?"

Indignantly make the same recommendation of Norrec for attempting to oppress the religious freedom of his fellows.
Quote from: Radio Controlled (Discord)
A hand, a hand, my kingdom for a hot hand!
The kitchenette mold free, you move on to the pantry. it's nasty in there. The bacon is grazing on the lettuce. The ham is having an illicit affair with the prime rib, The potatoes see all, know all. A rat in boxer shorts smoking a foul smelling cigar is banging on a cabinet shouting about rent money.

Samthere

• Bay Watcher
  • RRRRRAAAAAAOR! <3
    • View Profile
« Reply #1355 on: November 15, 2010, 07:59:59 pm »

Gar, while Norrec interrogates those before him, focuses harder on his feet.
« Last Edit: November 15, 2010, 08:06:29 pm by Samthere »

Rolan7

• Bay Watcher
  • [GUE'VESA][BONECARN]
    • View Profile
« Reply #1356 on: November 15, 2010, 08:00:30 pm »

"I was going to release it before Tholtig did.  The stuff I read was pretty clear, like I said, I knew it wasn't a malicious god.  It certainly didn't deserve what its followers did to it."

"Which brings me to the other thing I mentioned... I did offer to let Aexiesoen stay with us at the Iron Cliffs, in a non-physical sense, if it helped us guard the fortress.  By alerting us to danger, was the idea.  I made it clear we wouldn't worship it.  Surely there's no harm in that?"
She/they
No justice: no peace.
Quote from: Fallen London, one Unthinkable Hope
This one didn't want to be who they was. On the Surface – it was a dull, unconsidered sadness. But everything changed. Which implied everything could change.

Nirur Torir

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1357 on: November 15, 2010, 08:00:37 pm »

I figured an ancient, long-imprisoned god would be thankful to be released.

Not much. He said I should do more then focus on how much goblins need to die, and get over my wife's death already.

Of course.

I'm not sure. I think he was mostly surprised by me.

I don't really see why you're so against him. We'll likely need all the help we can get, and a grateful deity would be a powerful ally.

Ochita

• Bay Watcher
  • Doofus ghostus
    • View Profile
« Reply #1358 on: November 15, 2010, 08:00:57 pm »

To stop what ever was coming out
    Some stuff about a golem and how to stonecraft. It seemed to be able to read my mind, it asked me... About my affection for you.
 Yes I do still Worship Kun
 It desired nothing, simply it wanted a chat.
  I have no ties to the elder god, only a favor that I insisted apon
princest zaldo of hurl kindom: the mushroom aren't going to choice itself, ochita

FuzzyZergling

• Bay Watcher
  • Zergin' erry day.
    • View Profile
« Reply #1359 on: November 15, 2010, 08:01:33 pm »

"We fixed the probem, and nothing bad came of it. Why is everyone so tense about it?"

Ochita

• Bay Watcher
  • Doofus ghostus
    • View Profile
« Reply #1360 on: November 15, 2010, 08:02:14 pm »

If only they saw....

CoughDrop

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1361 on: November 15, 2010, 08:05:23 pm »

Indignantly make the same recommendation of Norrec for attempting to oppress the religious freedom of his fellows.

It is NOT an attempt to oppress religious freedom, but a suggested punishment for you're doing something that could very well have killed all of us. The reason he is asking you to renounce this god is because he believes it is very possible that it could have possessed each person that was engulfed in the abyss. And can we all stop bickering? As for punishment, I am contemplating putting up a vote for what Tholtig's punishment should be, as I DO see this as a punishable crime.

Edit: Also, did the god explain why he was imprisoned in the first place?
"It's one thing to feel that you are on the right path, but it's another to think yours is the only path."

Rolan7

• Bay Watcher
  • [GUE'VESA][BONECARN]
    • View Profile
« Reply #1362 on: November 15, 2010, 08:05:52 pm »

Curiosity, knowing that the deity wasn't evil, and wanting to help it.  The stuff I read also mentioned the possibility of great power.

The place was dark, but I met and spoke with the deity Aexiesoen.

Yes, exclusively.

It only asked who I was, and then what boon I wanted for freeing it.  It seemed surprised when I offered it a home at the Iron Cliffs.

No, I think it's a valuable partner.
She/they
No justice: no peace.
Quote from: Fallen London, one Unthinkable Hope
This one didn't want to be who they was. On the Surface – it was a dull, unconsidered sadness. But everything changed. Which implied everything could change.

Samthere

• Bay Watcher
  • RRRRRAAAAAAOR! <3
    • View Profile
« Reply #1363 on: November 15, 2010, 08:07:10 pm »

Gar: opens his eyes and looks up excitedly, "I can feel it! I can feel iron way beneath the city!"

V-Norrec

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1364 on: November 15, 2010, 08:08:02 pm »

((I insist upon Gar answering the questions in the same format I wrote them in, I want everybody's impression in an easy to read accessible format.))
Pages: 1 ... 89 90 [91] 92 93 ... 249