A lot
- 1 (9.1%)
A ton
- 1 (9.1%)
All of it
- 3 (27.3%)

Total Members Voted: 11

Pages: 1 ... 83 84 [85] 86 87 ... 249

Author Topic: Cobalt Fortress: Days 48 onward: This is the spring of our discontent  (Read 143138 times)

V-Norrec

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: Dwarf Fortress: Cobalt Edition: Prologue: Orngim Trail
« Reply #1260 on: November 15, 2010, 04:24:36 pm »

"If we lock this gate thing, it might not ever get past, give me a hand with it, would you?  Also, I vote all blame goes to Tholtig.  Even I can't lie through unleashing hell."

Lillipad

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1261 on: November 15, 2010, 04:26:03 pm »

"tholtig hasn't done anything to me, so no blame goes from me. Norrec I'm asking your wealth deity where I'm supposed to smash things in this accursed place."

I'll pray to Hipobis for where it wanted me to smash. I'll also pray to Zazit the Champion, Goddess of Valour to forgive me for praying to another deity.
Quote from: BaerTaffy
If Adele covered Aerosmith, that would be my life right now.

Shade-o

• Bay Watcher
  • It's my greatest creation yet!
    • View Profile
« Reply #1262 on: November 15, 2010, 04:27:20 pm »

You all agree (except Mikhail) to blame Tholtig if the matter ever comes up, but you're not sure what exactly you should do in the long term.

For now you try to reseal the barrier, but you have no idea how, or even if it can be done.
Apparently having a redundant creature entry causes the game to say, "Oh, look, it's crazy world now. Nothing makes sense! Alligators live in houses!"

Lillipad

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1263 on: November 15, 2010, 04:29:01 pm »

This looks like a job for a good ol' fashioned Mikhail wall/symbol probing.

CoughDrop

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1264 on: November 15, 2010, 04:29:40 pm »

"You stay here and try to re-close the gate; I'll go get help. Be safe." Go on to the surface.
"It's one thing to feel that you are on the right path, but it's another to think yours is the only path."

Hastur

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1265 on: November 15, 2010, 04:30:42 pm »

"I say, if we ever hear from those guys again, to deal with them and burn the bodies, its the only way to be shure, They are probably agents of the dark gawds now if they are still alive."

"i propose we have a code-phrase for in case they have to be dealt with in the future. How about we bring up "do you smell coffee burning" and if we answer yes then we turn on them,yes?"

V-Norrec

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1266 on: November 15, 2010, 04:31:56 pm »

Reseal gate harder.  Try to remember how Gar opened it and then trace that same pattern.

"You might be a noble son of a bitch Hastur, but I agree with you, though that's a bad code phrase, we'll come up with a new one if we live through this."

dragonshardz

• Bay Watcher
  • [ETHIC:PONY:ACCEPTABLE]
    • View Profile
    • Steam Profile
« Reply #1267 on: November 15, 2010, 04:45:55 pm »

Help the caravan crew load my supplies onto the wagons, namely by getting it all over to them. With that finished, head to the most likely place for a dwarf to be: the tavern. If they're not there, ask around town, starting with the local temple.

Shade-o

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1268 on: November 15, 2010, 05:03:10 pm »

Litast heads to the surface to get help, while the rest stay at the gate.

The barrier remains un-sealed.

Litast encounters the priest, who you now remember is called Darrick, some distance from the collapsed wall. He was tending to some gravesites when you stumbled upon him.

Shem goes to investigate the tavern, but only finds out that they left several hours ago. Using his deductive skills, he heads for the temple.
Apparently having a redundant creature entry causes the game to say, "Oh, look, it's crazy world now. Nothing makes sense! Alligators live in houses!"

Lillipad

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1269 on: November 15, 2010, 05:04:13 pm »

Mikhail smash?

If no: Probe the walls!

dragonshardz

• Bay Watcher
  • [ETHIC:PONY:ACCEPTABLE]
    • View Profile
    • Steam Profile
« Reply #1270 on: November 15, 2010, 05:09:23 pm »

Ask at the temple if a group of...mentally count for a moment...ten dwarves passed through recently.

CoughDrop

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1271 on: November 15, 2010, 05:18:48 pm »

Talking to the priest: "One of our more incompetent dwarves has... I believed released some sort of... god. I do not know if it is malicious or not, but I think it is best you tell the mayor and get your military to arms. I will gather my caravan guards to help." Head for the caravan.
"It's one thing to feel that you are on the right path, but it's another to think yours is the only path."

FuzzyZergling

• Bay Watcher
  • Zergin' erry day.
    • View Profile
« Reply #1272 on: November 15, 2010, 05:35:28 pm »

Trace wall runes on the idol, like I tried before.

Shade-o

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1273 on: November 15, 2010, 05:55:12 pm »

Mikhail considers smasing the symbol, but that would most likely prevent it from ever working. He continues examining the engravings.

Kog attempts to re-do the symbol, but fails as well.

Litast explains the situation to Darrick, who visibly pales. At least he won't be the one blamed, at least. He insists that they meet with a senior member of the temple, and leads you back to the surface.

Shem heads for the temple, and asks an acolyte about a party of dwarfs. He's getting nowhere until he sees a grimy dwarf lady and a human priest hurrying out of a stairwell.

CoughDrop

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1274 on: November 15, 2010, 05:59:56 pm »

Continue on hastily to meet the senior.
Pages: 1 ... 83 84 [85] 86 87 ... 249