A lot
- 1 (9.1%)
A ton
- 1 (9.1%)
All of it
- 3 (27.3%)

Total Members Voted: 11

Pages: 1 ... 53 54 [55] 56 57 ... 249

Author Topic: Cobalt Fortress: Days 48 onward: This is the spring of our discontent  (Read 142971 times)

CoughDrop

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: Dwarf Fortress: Cobalt Edition: Prologue: Orngim Trail
« Reply #810 on: November 13, 2010, 06:58:07 pm »

the animals and crew could use a rest.

Good point.

Knowing that she'll have to do some digging, Latist will spend any extra time with familiarizing herself with the pick, and asking help from anyone who might know more.
"It's one thing to feel that you are on the right path, but it's another to think yours is the only path."

Samthere

• Bay Watcher
  • RRRRRAAAAAAOR! <3
    • View Profile
« Reply #811 on: November 13, 2010, 07:01:37 pm »

Gar: looks over at V-Norrec to see what she's doing, then decides to try whittling a figurine of an adorable puppy for his puppy Uth to cuddle.

Lillipad

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #812 on: November 13, 2010, 07:07:40 pm »

I'll sit with my log, and stroke my beard in a hard-boiled manner. It's also about time for me to have a black&white flashback.
Quote from: BaerTaffy
If Adele covered Aerosmith, that would be my life right now.

Shade-o

• Bay Watcher
  • It's my greatest creation yet!
    • View Profile
« Reply #813 on: November 13, 2010, 07:10:51 pm »

IronyOwl
You sidle over to one of the guards. He's happy to be on caravan duty, as it's much more interesting than patrols, without the danger of a fully-fledged army march. He's relatively fresh out of training, but is more experienced than a recruit. He regales you with a tale of how he once saw a kobold on patrol! You don't have the heartlessness to refer him to Mikhail.

CoughDrop
You get to know your pick. You admire its weighted head that tapers to a fine point, able to crack the hardest rock. The shaft is sturdy and has a good grip, suitable for long hours of backbreaking labour.

As you look around for a more experienced miner, you slowly fill with horror as you realise you are the most experienced miner.
So is Lillipad, but it's still pretty horrifying.

Samthere
After seeing Norrec trying her hand at handicrafts, you join in. On your first try you make a puppy-shaped wooden toy!

Lillipad
You've had a really rough week. You deserve some time to think. You fall forwards into a noirish flashback! What happened, back then?
Apparently having a redundant creature entry causes the game to say, "Oh, look, it's crazy world now. Nothing makes sense! Alligators live in houses!"

Samthere

• Bay Watcher
  • RRRRRAAAAAAOR! <3
    • View Profile
« Reply #814 on: November 13, 2010, 07:13:01 pm »

Gar: gives the puppy toy to Uth and gives him a pat on the head, then starts up with some travelling songs.

CoughDrop

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #815 on: November 13, 2010, 07:14:56 pm »

???
Practice digging into some rock.
"It's one thing to feel that you are on the right path, but it's another to think yours is the only path."

Hastur

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #816 on: November 13, 2010, 07:15:38 pm »

*I cook a dinner for the rest of the dwarves, by pooling the days food ration and splitting it up into appetisers, garnishes and main courses, i expects to delight the palette of my felow dwarves with a skillfully preppared meal, as opposed to everyone eating one plump helmet. I make the main course some boiled soup with herbs in it to fool them into thinking they are eating more than they really are. Once I am done I call for a group meal, and I Make a toast about how lucky we are and have the gods watching over us to our destiny.

FuzzyZergling

• Bay Watcher
  • Zergin' erry day.
    • View Profile
« Reply #817 on: November 13, 2010, 07:15:59 pm »

Hypothetically speaking, if we set up a still, start work on my barrel of fresh plump helmets, then disassemble it and leave, would the wine mature while on the way to the site?
Can you disassemble a workshop without loss, even?

V-Norrec

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #818 on: November 13, 2010, 07:20:34 pm »

Have some sparring practice with Ochita, where I teach him the finer points of brawling and he helps me get used to my shield.

IronyOwl

• Bay Watcher
  • Nope~
    • View Profile
« Reply #819 on: November 13, 2010, 07:27:33 pm »

Not wanting to be left out, grab a piece of wood and try to carve it into something.
Quote from: Radio Controlled (Discord)
A hand, a hand, my kingdom for a hot hand!
The kitchenette mold free, you move on to the pantry. it's nasty in there. The bacon is grazing on the lettuce. The ham is having an illicit affair with the prime rib, The potatoes see all, know all. A rat in boxer shorts smoking a foul smelling cigar is banging on a cabinet shouting about rent money.

Lillipad

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #820 on: November 13, 2010, 07:29:18 pm »

"Well, back in those days I had just started growing my beard. Back then I was neither loose cannon, nor hard-boiled. These were dark days, but they triggered my joining the military. I was fresh out of the academy, and to my lament the elves had just made peace with us. I am still unsure as to how this happened, needless to say I was disgusted.
I enlisted into the military, seeing it as an opportunity to rekindle the war between our ancient races. I also saw it as a chance to actually use the skills I had acquired in the military. My first mission was to help a crazed dwarf lady discover who murdered her husband. It turns out that the murderer was a stray cat that was considering adopting them. That accursed feline has been missing to this very day."

Nirur Torir

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #821 on: November 13, 2010, 07:34:03 pm »

I strike up a riveting conversation with Adil Olinlolor Tongsletter about cats.

Shade-o

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #822 on: November 13, 2010, 07:37:31 pm »

Can somebody with red-green blindness confirm if the new chart is legible?

Samthere
You give your little handicraft to Uth, who immediately starts gnawing it happily. You start up a cheerful song, and soon the whole countryside is ringing with travelling songs you learned from The Gnome and The King of the Ring series. Those books had so many travelling songs.

FuzzyZergling
Hypothetically, it would take a disproportionate amount of time to unpack and pack the stuff from the wagons as they have been specially tetris-stacked for ultimate storage, and the rough trip would play havoc with the fermentation process.

Hastur
You gather up the plain rations and decide to make it into something greater than the sum of its parts. Though you're a noble, you've taken an interest in cooking and aren't completely helpless. Unfortunately, you completely ruin the food in every conceivable way. You quickly throw it away and start again, planting evidence for somebody else to take the blame for the missing supplies.

Your second attempt is much better, though somewhat simple. The amount of time that you work on it ensures that it is hearty and delicious, and everybody enjoys it. Everybody is cheered by this unexpected bonus, and agree that the gods must be watching over them all.

V-Norrec
You take your buckler and try to learn to block with it. Though small, quick reflexes can block almost any attack with it. Ochita helps by trying to get past your defence with punches.

IronyOwl
It's a regular elf convention! You pick up a bit of wood and start carving it, not knowing what you'll make. After some time you've made a nice little item, though you can't tell what it is.

Lillipad
You break out of your reverie just in time to see Denrhymed watching you. It almost seems to know what you were thinking, but it's ridiculous! That is clearly a kitten, and time travel/age rejuvenation is just a plot device for bad dramas.

Nirur Torir
You meet Adil (now clean of white slime) and discuss the merits of cats. Denrhymed and Sankest are each on your laps, telepathically communicating. When they are done, you each bow and take your leave.
Apparently having a redundant creature entry causes the game to say, "Oh, look, it's crazy world now. Nothing makes sense! Alligators live in houses!"

Lillipad

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #823 on: November 13, 2010, 07:41:05 pm »

I'll go into a battle of hard-boiled chess with Denrhymed. Because everyone knows that the caravan we're on has a hard-boiled chess set. Everyone.

Shade-o

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #824 on: November 13, 2010, 07:46:17 pm »

Lillipad
You challenge Denrhymed to a game of chess, but it innocently licks its paws, playing the 'non-sentient animal' routine. Damn, they're good.
Pages: 1 ... 53 54 [55] 56 57 ... 249