A lot
- 1 (9.1%)
A ton
- 1 (9.1%)
All of it
- 3 (27.3%)

Total Members Voted: 11

Pages: 1 ... 52 53 [54] 55 56 ... 249

Author Topic: Cobalt Fortress: Days 48 onward: This is the spring of our discontent  (Read 143014 times)

Ochita

• Bay Watcher
  • Doofus ghostus
    • View Profile
Re: Dwarf Fortress: Cobalt Edition: Prologue: Orngim Trail
« Reply #795 on: November 13, 2010, 06:16:20 pm »

OreBalance decides to oversee the whittling contest.
Quote from: Freeform
princest zaldo of hurl kindom: the mushroom aren't going to choice itself, ochita

Shade-o

• Bay Watcher
  • It's my greatest creation yet!
    • View Profile
« Reply #796 on: November 13, 2010, 06:17:27 pm »

Rolan isn't causing you pain or suffering, you just don't like him because he's a weirdo.
Apparently having a redundant creature entry causes the game to say, "Oh, look, it's crazy world now. Nothing makes sense! Alligators live in houses!"

V-Norrec

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #797 on: November 13, 2010, 06:17:40 pm »

... It's a great trait!  It means if somebody spits on your face, you flip them the bird and go on like nothing happened.  It doesn't affect your mood or anything.  It keeps you from going insane from rage in all but the worst circumstances.

Ochita

• Bay Watcher
  • Doofus ghostus
    • View Profile
« Reply #798 on: November 13, 2010, 06:19:06 pm »

V or Lilli, I want one of you to be like sam vimes. Please
Quote from: Freeform
princest zaldo of hurl kindom: the mushroom aren't going to choice itself, ochita

Shade-o

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #799 on: November 13, 2010, 06:20:43 pm »

Now if you've finished playing Who Likes Who, maybe I can start doing some actions!
Apparently having a redundant creature entry causes the game to say, "Oh, look, it's crazy world now. Nothing makes sense! Alligators live in houses!"

Rolan7

• Bay Watcher
  • [GUE'VESA][BONECARN]
    • View Profile
« Reply #800 on: November 13, 2010, 06:21:56 pm »

You're a Merchant and Fuzzy is a Servant, you instinctively think that you're better than him. You might get to know him better, but first impressions and all. Rolan is semi-insane and an outsider, that's why almost nobody likes him.

Aw.  I like you all as players.
Could I be on better terms with FuzzyZergling because of the PARTAY?
She/they
No justice: no peace.
Quote from: Fallen London, one Unthinkable Hope
This one didn't want to be who they was. On the Surface – it was a dull, unconsidered sadness. But everything changed. Which implied everything could change.

Hastur

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #801 on: November 13, 2010, 06:23:07 pm »

For the record I too think Lili is being a whiner, I support shade-os decision and think we should move on.

IronyOwl

• Bay Watcher
  • Nope~
    • View Profile
« Reply #802 on: November 13, 2010, 06:24:29 pm »

Yay, everyone likes me!
Quote from: Radio Controlled (Discord)
A hand, a hand, my kingdom for a hot hand!
The kitchenette mold free, you move on to the pantry. it's nasty in there. The bacon is grazing on the lettuce. The ham is having an illicit affair with the prime rib, The potatoes see all, know all. A rat in boxer shorts smoking a foul smelling cigar is banging on a cabinet shouting about rent money.

Lillipad

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #803 on: November 13, 2010, 06:26:50 pm »

Whining? How is it whining to ask what a vague trait is supposed to do? I was under the impression that it made me apathetic, but apparently it doesn't. I was also under the impression that it made me not care about suffering in general, not just suffering that happens to me.
Quote from: BaerTaffy
If Adele covered Aerosmith, that would be my life right now.

CoughDrop

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #804 on: November 13, 2010, 06:34:55 pm »

I don't think we even need to resupply, we have tons of cargo as it is.
"It's one thing to feel that you are on the right path, but it's another to think yours is the only path."

Lillipad

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #805 on: November 13, 2010, 06:39:03 pm »

V or Lilli, I want one of you to be like sam vimes. Please

Norrec appears to be doing that already.
Quote from: BaerTaffy
If Adele covered Aerosmith, that would be my life right now.

IronyOwl

• Bay Watcher
  • Nope~
    • View Profile
« Reply #806 on: November 13, 2010, 06:39:15 pm »

I think you're missing the point. "I don't like him" isn't really "suffering." You could argue "I'm unhappy because I have to interact with someone I don't like" is suffering, but that just means it doesn't bother you as much, not that it doesn't happen. A good analogy would be terrible tasting food- it's not that you'd like all food equally (meaning a lot), it's just that bad taste wouldn't get to you as much.
The kitchenette mold free, you move on to the pantry. it's nasty in there. The bacon is grazing on the lettuce. The ham is having an illicit affair with the prime rib, The potatoes see all, know all. A rat in boxer shorts smoking a foul smelling cigar is banging on a cabinet shouting about rent money.

FuzzyZergling

• Bay Watcher
  • Zergin' erry day.
    • View Profile
« Reply #807 on: November 13, 2010, 06:41:50 pm »

Feel free to ignore this, but why does everyone use red and green?
Throw some blue in there for the colorblind people, please?

Shade-o

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #808 on: November 13, 2010, 06:49:30 pm »

Hastur
You lead the golem out to some trees, interested to see what happens. Lillipad is completely unable to command it, as it only responds to you. You can instruct the golem to follow other people's commands, but they cannot command it to be commanded by another person (unless you transfer owner's command).

Lillipad
You take to a tree with a hatchet, while Sandow and his golem watch on from a distance. They explicitly don't help. The first tree you try is completely mangled by your attempts, and you have to abandon it. The second is even worse, almost crushing you as it falls and exploding into splinters. The third one is very well done, however, and you drag back a complete log. The golem picks up a few branches.

Coughdrop
The caravan has its own supplies that you are consuming, and the animals and crew could use a rest.

V-Norrec
ARM:OK
THIRST:OK
HUNGER:OK
SLEEP:OK
HAPPY:OK

You try another piece of woodworking, and this time you create a recognisably dwarf-shaped thing!

Nirur Torir
You play with your kitten, fortunately you're able to control it. Nobody gets hurt.

Rolan7
You inform everybody that you're going off to milk your maggot, and they give you a wide berth. You squeeze it too hard, and the milk goes all over you. You are now covered in an acidic white slime.

CoughDrop
You're unsure as to the gender of your glow scarab. You have a choice between Sandow and Adil, and you wisely choose Sandow. He informs you after an examination that it is in fact, female.

FuzzyZergling
Sure thing

IronyOwl

• Bay Watcher
  • Nope~
    • View Profile
« Reply #809 on: November 13, 2010, 06:57:34 pm »

Chat up one of the guards. What does he normally do, caravans or fortress duty? Does he see much action? Lose friends often? Hear any weird horror stories?
Pages: 1 ... 52 53 [54] 55 56 ... 249