A lot
- 1 (9.1%)
A ton
- 1 (9.1%)
All of it
- 3 (27.3%)

Total Members Voted: 11

Pages: 1 ... 29 30 [31] 32 33 ... 249

Author Topic: Cobalt Fortress: Days 48 onward: This is the spring of our discontent  (Read 143121 times)

Lillipad

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: Dwarf Fortress: Cobalt Edition: Prologue: Orngim Trail
« Reply #450 on: November 11, 2010, 06:52:11 pm »

Not if the guards aren't alive to murder us.
Quote from: BaerTaffy
If Adele covered Aerosmith, that would be my life right now.

Shade-o

• Bay Watcher
  • It's my greatest creation yet!
    • View Profile
« Reply #451 on: November 11, 2010, 07:00:15 pm »

Samthere
You examine the palm and fingers, but there is no indentation or scratch. You test it with several chemicals, but none of them can harm the surface. You put on a little show, and by the end you are certain that this is indeed the legendary Romantic Executioner.

The Duke is waiting for your appraisal.

IronyOwl
You've never felt so focused. You hurl a brick with all your might, and bolt into the alleyway. By the time the shattering of glass rings out, you're already gone. You tear off to the glassmaker, who is impressed by your short breath. An assistant confirms your work, and he gives you a big bear-hug. You've won access to a furnace!

Ochita
The thing approaches you, and you tense for action. As it gets closer a blade pops out of each arm. Suddenly it leaps forward, and you fail to dodge. You get knocked down and stabbed in the right lower leg, piercing it through. You manage to kick them away, and they go flailing around a bit, granting you a brief reprieve. You can't stand up without assistance. You're lying at the base of a shelf.

Rolan7
If you didn't see, here's your last action.
You find a farm, guided by an inexplicable feeling. There is no sign of farmers or watchdogs, so you sneak on. You find a pen with a cow in it, but beef is of no interest to you. Next you find a chicken hut, where several dozen chickens are roosting. You stun several of them with the stock of your crossbow, while the rest scatter in tiny-brained terror.

In order to cover your tracks, you partially eat two of the carcasses in order to make it look like a fox or wolf attack. You then snap the necks of the other two, and quickly abscond with your booty. Before you leave, you throw an egg at the farmer's house.

You later realise that that was your own farm.

Lillipad
Heavy crossbows are powerful and accurate, but require more time to crank. Repeaters are faster to shoot, but are less deadly. Both come with a primitive iron sight. Scopes are not used at all. A pavise is the best possible portable protection from missiles, like a mobile wall. You've personally seen how deadly crossbows have been against lightly armoured targets, such as leather. The guards are sure to be better equipped than you, and are more numerous.
Apparently having a redundant creature entry causes the game to say, "Oh, look, it's crazy world now. Nothing makes sense! Alligators live in houses!"

V-Norrec

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #452 on: November 11, 2010, 07:01:59 pm »

Thank the maid for all of her help and information.  I'll take down her name and address in order to give her a reward after all this is over.  Suggest we all go through the side entrance.  Begin formulating a plan to get all of the servants out of the house, no need for innocents to get in the way of what was about to happen.

Namely, offer proof that thier employer is a equivelant to cave scarab droppings.  Under no circumstances get the ring out however.
« Last Edit: November 11, 2010, 07:04:17 pm by V-Norrec »

IronyOwl

• Bay Watcher
  • Nope~
    • View Profile
« Reply #453 on: November 11, 2010, 07:02:23 pm »

Just the furnace, or does he happen to have some sand/fuel for me to use?
Quote from: Radio Controlled (Discord)
A hand, a hand, my kingdom for a hot hand!
The kitchenette mold free, you move on to the pantry. it's nasty in there. The bacon is grazing on the lettuce. The ham is having an illicit affair with the prime rib, The potatoes see all, know all. A rat in boxer shorts smoking a foul smelling cigar is banging on a cabinet shouting about rent money.

Lillipad

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #454 on: November 11, 2010, 07:07:00 pm »

Fine, I'll grab a few daggers from the barracks. I'll also grab a short sword, and battle axe. A kite shield will also be needed.

Norrec want to take out the guards at the entrance with a few well placed daggers to their throats?
Quote from: BaerTaffy
If Adele covered Aerosmith, that would be my life right now.

Samthere

• Bay Watcher
  • RRRRRAAAAAAOR! <3
    • View Profile
« Reply #455 on: November 11, 2010, 07:07:03 pm »

Gar: lays the gauntlet down on the table, gathers up all the tools and arranges them neatly as they were before, and then walks up to Dukey von N to shake his hand. "It's an absolutely genuinely article. Why, to think that the Romantic Executioner had a twin all along! You should be rightfully proud to have discovered it. This would send storms through the archeological community! Of course, I understand your desire to keep it private, and will leave its publication or secrecy solely to your discretion. I'm just honoured to have had the opportunity to identify it for you, and to have held it for a brief moment. It has truly been glorious to serve you in this capacity. Perhaps we might share a drink together, to celebrate your good fortune!"

Any time my character can share a drink with someone is a good time.
« Last Edit: November 11, 2010, 07:12:09 pm by Samthere »

Shade-o

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #456 on: November 11, 2010, 07:12:01 pm »

IronyOwl
You've got a furnace and all the other supplies needed.

V-Norrec
You dismiss the maid, who is happy to take the day off. You can sneak in the side entrance, and if you can get the servants to stay quiet you should be good for what comes next. Any alarm will send all the guards running, though.

Lillipad
You return to the armoury and grab two clips of throwing knives, a shortsword, a battleaxe, and a kite shield.
Apparently having a redundant creature entry causes the game to say, "Oh, look, it's crazy world now. Nothing makes sense! Alligators live in houses!"

FuzzyZergling

• Bay Watcher
  • Zergin' erry day.
    • View Profile
« Reply #457 on: November 11, 2010, 07:15:12 pm »

I have a chat with with my friend, Herak, about various current events, several trivial, several not.

Samthere

• Bay Watcher
  • RRRRRAAAAAAOR! <3
    • View Profile
« Reply #458 on: November 11, 2010, 07:15:59 pm »

Posted just above your post, just in case you missed it :D

IronyOwl

• Bay Watcher
  • Nope~
    • View Profile
« Reply #459 on: November 11, 2010, 07:17:10 pm »

Yay!

Make some green glass crafts. One should ideally be a figurine of a dog/puppy

Make myself a green glass ring, and a green glass amulet for each of my puppies, with their totally existent names carved on them
« Last Edit: November 11, 2010, 07:24:59 pm by IronyOwl »
The kitchenette mold free, you move on to the pantry. it's nasty in there. The bacon is grazing on the lettuce. The ham is having an illicit affair with the prime rib, The potatoes see all, know all. A rat in boxer shorts smoking a foul smelling cigar is banging on a cabinet shouting about rent money.

Rolan7

• Bay Watcher
  • [GUE'VESA][BONECARN]
    • View Profile
« Reply #460 on: November 11, 2010, 07:35:28 pm »

I did see my result, in fact!  I imagine that in my absence, my dwarf sat there with half-eaten chickens and a cat on her head, feeling very silly.

All these dead chickens going to waste.  Maybe... maybe I could make something out of them?  Take the bloody remains to the craftdwarf's workshop.
She/they
No justice: no peace.
Quote from: Fallen London, one Unthinkable Hope
This one didn't want to be who they was. On the Surface – it was a dull, unconsidered sadness. But everything changed. Which implied everything could change.

Shade-o

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #461 on: November 11, 2010, 07:40:41 pm »

Samthere
You clean up the workspace and gently replace the artifact.

"It's an absolutely genuinely article. Why, to think that the Romantic Executioner had a twin all along! You should be rightfully proud to have discovered it. This would send storms through the archeological community! Of course, I understand your desire to keep it private, and will leave its publication or secrecy solely to your discretion. I'm just honoured to have had the opportunity to identify it for you, and to have held it for a brief moment. It has truly been glorious to serve you in this capacity. Perhaps we might share a drink together, to celebrate your good fortune!"

The Duke looks slightly surprised that you have recognised it, but his suspicion is replaced by beaming gladness at it being real.

"Ah, it's truly one of a pair? I must regret that I am unaware of the finer points of artifact history, but this must be a great find indeed. I shall do my best to reassemble the set! Now, if you will kindly wait here for a moment, I will shortly return with your just reward..."

He quickly leaves and closes the vault door behind him.

FuzzyZergling
You meet your friend Herak in the fields, and have a chat. You tell him that you still haven't been selected for the embark, but with all the commotion around here it shouldn't be long before someone gets dropped from the list!

Herak idly mentions seeing a pit worm maul another farmer. You should have been there.

IronyOwl
You work the furnace carefully, and you manage to create a common green glass goblet! It's nothing special, but there's nothing wrong with it. Next you try something different, and make a skilful green glass statuette of a puppy! The glassmaker nods approvingly, but kicks you off. He has window to make, after all. You get to keep your works.

Rolan7
Driven by a new purpose, you take the chickens inside. You boot a crafter away from his workshop, and he decides not to challenge you.

After an unknown amount of time passes, you step back and look at your work. You have constructed a chicken meat statuette, encircled with rings of chicken bone and decorated with feathers. It is in the shape of a chicken. Fortunately, it doesn't seem to have been imbued with life.
The things you get up to when you're an easily manipulated, semi-sane dwarf being controlled by a kitten.

Samthere

• Bay Watcher
  • RRRRRAAAAAAOR! <3
    • View Profile
« Reply #462 on: November 11, 2010, 07:43:04 pm »

Gar: huh, being shut in a vault? This doesn't bode well. I'll glance around to be sure of any defensive locations, and be ready to use anything in case a fight happens. I'll be near the Romantic Executioner, admiring it, and ready to grab it and use it in an emergency (an artifact gauntlet is perfect for a brawler, anyway). Once I'm all set up, I'll sing merrily.
« Last Edit: November 11, 2010, 07:45:46 pm by Samthere »

V-Norrec

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #463 on: November 11, 2010, 07:50:00 pm »

Walk into the mansion through the side entrance.  Explain to the servants that the Duke is a giant pile of cave scarab droppings.  Send all the servants to explain to the other servants and then leave the house so it's just us, the Duke and the guards inside.  Equip the throwing knives given to me by Lilli and prepare to throw one at any guard that enters the kitchen to investigate what all the servants are doing.

Lilli:  I think having anything to do with the front entrance is just going to kill both of us, let's try to avoid it.
« Last Edit: November 11, 2010, 07:51:40 pm by V-Norrec »

IronyOwl

• Bay Watcher
  • Nope~
    • View Profile
« Reply #464 on: November 11, 2010, 07:52:13 pm »

Excellent, these should help keep me sane as I'm shivering on a hard rock trying to ignore those suspicious noises in the underbrush.

Stroll back to the forges and see what they're making.
Pages: 1 ... 29 30 [31] 32 33 ... 249