A lot
- 1 (9.1%)
A ton
- 1 (9.1%)
All of it
- 3 (27.3%)

Total Members Voted: 11

Pages: 1 ... 28 29 [30] 31 32 ... 249

Author Topic: Cobalt Fortress: Days 48 onward: This is the spring of our discontent  (Read 143205 times)

Ochita

• Bay Watcher
  • Doofus ghostus
    • View Profile
Re: Dwarf Fortress: Cobalt Edition: Prologue: Orngim Trail
« Reply #435 on: November 11, 2010, 06:06:52 pm »

Back! HELP!
Quote from: Freeform
princest zaldo of hurl kindom: the mushroom aren't going to choice itself, ochita

Lillipad

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #436 on: November 11, 2010, 06:12:12 pm »

15 guys? That's it? I won't even need anything else if that's all we'll be facing.

I'll have Kas aid Norrec, since she has proven to be a decent shot. The other two are with me.

Norrec: Are you okay with that setup?
Quote from: BaerTaffy
If Adele covered Aerosmith, that would be my life right now.

V-Norrec

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #437 on: November 11, 2010, 06:12:59 pm »

Obviously we're going to want in through the kitchen.  Tell Lilli to pick me up a backpack and 2 waterskins and 2 bags from the guardhouse.

Lilli:  You should probably pick up a kite shield for yourself, just for some protection from the guards if you're going in through the front and I'm going in through the side, which is what I think you are thinking.  Other than that, yeah I'm fine with just having Kas

edit:  Samthere, while I don't want to rush you or anything, we're about to storm the place and I think the gauntlet is sufficiently proven to be an artifact.
« Last Edit: November 11, 2010, 06:23:04 pm by V-Norrec »

Samthere

• Bay Watcher
  • RRRRRAAAAAAOR! <3
    • View Profile
« Reply #438 on: November 11, 2010, 06:16:02 pm »

Gar: takes a small rock crystal from the toolkit and crushes it in the gauntlet's palm.

IronyOwl

• Bay Watcher
  • Nope~
    • View Profile
« Reply #439 on: November 11, 2010, 06:17:53 pm »

Creep down an alleyway/service passage, looking for a window to break.

EDIT: Also, I just now noticed the "see" in "you don't see any guards" was italicized, and I'm Unaware. Sneaky, sneaky GM...
Quote from: Radio Controlled (Discord)
A hand, a hand, my kingdom for a hot hand!
The kitchenette mold free, you move on to the pantry. it's nasty in there. The bacon is grazing on the lettuce. The ham is having an illicit affair with the prime rib, The potatoes see all, know all. A rat in boxer shorts smoking a foul smelling cigar is banging on a cabinet shouting about rent money.

Lillipad

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #440 on: November 11, 2010, 06:24:25 pm »

Heavy Crossbows are 2-handed. I can't get a shield, nor do I plan on having my crossbow holstered in the mansion. Ever. Why? I'm just too hard-boiled to go into potentially hostile areas without my weapon ready to be used for death and Fun at any time.

V-Norrec

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #441 on: November 11, 2010, 06:25:41 pm »

Can you go pick me up the bags anyhow >.>  for legitimate purposes of course.

Shade-o

• Bay Watcher
  • It's my greatest creation yet!
    • View Profile
« Reply #442 on: November 11, 2010, 06:27:06 pm »

FuzzyZergling
You decide against finding another companion, and go back to your mushroom plot. Everything is back to normal, the hole the worm came out of has even collapsed and filled with mud. You remove some parasitic growths and crush some hungry beetles, but none of your crops are ready for harvest.

Ochita
You back up even further, and bump into a shelf causing supplies to fall off it. A blacksmith hammer almost hits you on the head, and an anvil sways precariously above you. Why is that even up there?

"...Five Four Three Two...

Lillipad
The maid explains that the guards aren't just common thugs, but professional mercenaries with excellent equipment. The Duke has spared no expense. However, they spend almost all their time in the guard room training, gambling or resting, with two outside the front door and two at the vault. If you could get the servants to avoid raising the alarm, you could access almost any part of the mansion without them challenging you.
Crossbows are 2H to operate, but you can carry a shield in your off-hand if you're not actually using it. If you have a pavise then you automatically place it on the ground and take cover, but the other shields get slung across your back.

V-Norrec
You outline some supplies, and Mikhail run off, quickly returning with a backpack, two waterskins and two empty sacks. You have a crazy plan in mind, most likely.

Samthere
You take out a large whetstone, used for sharpening edges, and with some effort you crush it into gravel. As you do this you get a sudden vision of an ancient warrior crushing skulls in much the same manner.

IronyOwl
You decide against the mansion, and sneak down the alleyway. There's nothing down here but service entrances, but you enter another street, even more glamorous than the last one. You spot an enticing window, and you manage to detect some guards being distracted in the distance. If you time it right you could do it without them spotting you.
Apparently having a redundant creature entry causes the game to say, "Oh, look, it's crazy world now. Nothing makes sense! Alligators live in houses!"

Samthere

• Bay Watcher
  • RRRRRAAAAAAOR! <3
    • View Profile
« Reply #443 on: November 11, 2010, 06:31:45 pm »

Gar: whistles, impressed. I'll take the gaunlet off and examine where the gauntlet pressed against the whetstone, then test it with several secret chemicals used by experts (an acid, for example, that would corrode normal black bronze, but will simply bubble on artifact-quality processed black bronze; other chemicals that simply burst into multicoloured smoke, to look impressive, etc). After a series of other tests, I should have a good idea of its identity and authenticity.

IronyOwl

• Bay Watcher
  • Nope~
    • View Profile
« Reply #444 on: November 11, 2010, 06:35:43 pm »

Take the shot.

Attempt to find further targets afterwards, or head back to the glassworker if the region's on alert now or there aren't any more good targets.
The kitchenette mold free, you move on to the pantry. it's nasty in there. The bacon is grazing on the lettuce. The ham is having an illicit affair with the prime rib, The potatoes see all, know all. A rat in boxer shorts smoking a foul smelling cigar is banging on a cabinet shouting about rent money.

V-Norrec

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #445 on: November 11, 2010, 06:36:13 pm »

Thank the maid for all of her help and information.  I'll take down her name and address in order to give her a reward after all this is over.  Suggest we all go through the side entrance.  Begin formulating a plan to get all of the servants out of the house, no need for innocents to get in the way of what was about to happen.

Ochita

• Bay Watcher
  • Doofus ghostus
    • View Profile
« Reply #446 on: November 11, 2010, 06:39:32 pm »

let it come close and then circle it and shove it into the wall. Then examine.
Quote from: Freeform
princest zaldo of hurl kindom: the mushroom aren't going to choice itself, ochita

Rolan7

• Bay Watcher
  • [GUE'VESA][BONECARN]
    • View Profile
« Reply #447 on: November 11, 2010, 06:43:51 pm »

Rolan7 - Adil Olinlolor Tongsletter's inventory is also very confusing. Could this please be cleared up?

Should I also calculate in the Backup Bodies?

Ah sorry, was busy today (mom's birthday).
All the "Previous equipment" is stuff I'm saying my dwarf used before being chosen for the expedition... but its value is still deducted from my budget.  I bought the "purchased equipment", then won 100☼ and spent it on leather armor.

Bottom line, I have everything on that list, plus 212☼ for the group.  Thanks for checking on this, I am a little worried about our survivability in the wild (:
She/they
No justice: no peace.
Quote from: Fallen London, one Unthinkable Hope
This one didn't want to be who they was. On the Surface – it was a dull, unconsidered sadness. But everything changed. Which implied everything could change.

Lillipad

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #448 on: November 11, 2010, 06:44:42 pm »

Can I get a sniper scope or something similar for my crossbow? You see, I have this plan that involves adding the scope to the crossbow, aiming at the guards, and then sniping them before they'd have a chance to react. It doesn't have to be a modern sniper scope of extreme glory, it just has to increase the distance from which I can see my targets.
I assume that a heavy crossbow is something like a rifle anyway, it's just a lot more bulky.

A Pavise will just slow my progress down, so unless a ballista is involved I shouldn't need one. I'll let Norrec take care of the servants, and I'll take the hard-boiled vow to kill every last guard, regardless of whether or not they stop my progress.

IronyOwl

• Bay Watcher
  • Nope~
    • View Profile
« Reply #449 on: November 11, 2010, 06:50:36 pm »

You guys are going to get murdered in an unnecessarily violent shootout.
Pages: 1 ... 28 29 [30] 31 32 ... 249