A lot
- 1 (9.1%)
A ton
- 1 (9.1%)
All of it
- 3 (27.3%)

Total Members Voted: 11

Pages: 1 ... 27 28 [29] 30 31 ... 249

Author Topic: Cobalt Fortress: Days 48 onward: This is the spring of our discontent  (Read 143241 times)

Lillipad

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: Dwarf Fortress: Cobalt Edition: Prologue: Orngim Trail
« Reply #420 on: November 11, 2010, 05:24:13 pm »

We've got the recruits, and can request backup from Nikoth now that I've seen his armed henchmen. How is it just the two of us fighting?
Quote from: BaerTaffy
If Adele covered Aerosmith, that would be my life right now.

Shade-o

• Bay Watcher
  • It's my greatest creation yet!
    • View Profile
« Reply #421 on: November 11, 2010, 05:25:13 pm »

Samthere
You twist your monocle and closely examine the joins. It's quite amazing, the joins are so smooth they are almost undetectable. The welds over them have been formed into various shapes that can only be seen with a magnifier. You see dwarfs travelling, dwarfs rejoicing, dwarfs cringing and dwarfs dying. There are also images of animals, plants and fungi interspersed. It's quite remarkable.

IronyOwl
You take the sack of bricks and set off at a brisk pace, whistling loudly so that you appear inconspicuous. You find a large mansion-looking thing, with large windows made of multiple panes of glass. There's a slight throng of foot traffic that wouldn't quite hide you, but there are some service alleys leading away off the street. You look but don't see any guards around at the moment.

Ochita
"Theres magic in your store, although its strongest here. You are not a dwarf are you? A Golem? Tell me the truth." It's a wild accusation, but you're tired of their polite and loquacious responses!

"See. Seedos. Seedosrun! Rundosrun" You have no idea what that was, but it sounded very odd. They appear to be shaking.

Lillipad
You and Nik stealthily remove yourselves from the premises, and head to the agreed-upon spot. You meet up with Norrec, Kas, Cog, and a maid. You share the information, and find it extremely likely that this Duke is behind it all. How convenient. You have a suspect and a way in but you'll need a plan first.
Apparently having a redundant creature entry causes the game to say, "Oh, look, it's crazy world now. Nothing makes sense! Alligators live in houses!"

Samthere

• Bay Watcher
  • RRRRRAAAAAAOR! <3
    • View Profile
« Reply #422 on: November 11, 2010, 05:27:30 pm »

Gar: I will proceed to examine the gauntlet without the magnifier. Then, after wrapping my hand in a thin spider silk glove, I will try the gauntlet on, flexing my fingers.

Ochita

• Bay Watcher
  • Doofus ghostus
    • View Profile
« Reply #423 on: November 11, 2010, 05:29:01 pm »

"Run Dos?... Shake it out of it."

(God someone help I don't know how to use DOS. Any commands?)
Quote from: Freeform
princest zaldo of hurl kindom: the mushroom aren't going to choice itself, ochita

V-Norrec

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #424 on: November 11, 2010, 05:30:59 pm »

You said you wanted to get the recruits back.  I wasn't sure if you meant back at the guard house or back... erm well they've always been with either of us.

Anyhow, before we head in, can we get the maid to sketch us a rough map of the place.  That should help our planning immesaruably. 

IronyOwl

• Bay Watcher
  • Nope~
    • View Profile
« Reply #425 on: November 11, 2010, 05:35:34 pm »

Ask a passing dwarf about the area. See if they know who lives where and what they do for a living.

((Uh... I think it's something like:
C:\
C:\Memories
C:\Memories\Secrets
C:\Memories\Secrets\myconstruction

or thereabouts...))
Quote from: Radio Controlled (Discord)
A hand, a hand, my kingdom for a hot hand!
The kitchenette mold free, you move on to the pantry. it's nasty in there. The bacon is grazing on the lettuce. The ham is having an illicit affair with the prime rib, The potatoes see all, know all. A rat in boxer shorts smoking a foul smelling cigar is banging on a cabinet shouting about rent money.

Nirur Torir

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #426 on: November 11, 2010, 05:36:45 pm »

"Run Dos?... Shake it out of it."

It's been a while, but if you want to kill a golem running DOS without failsafes who takes orders from anyone:

Format c:\ *.*

Ask a passing dwarf about the area. See if they know who lives where and what they do for a living.

((Uh... I think it's something like:
C:\
C:\Memories
C:\Memories\Secrets
C:\Memories\Secrets\myconstruction

or thereabouts...))

cd memories\secrets
dir

IronyOwl

• Bay Watcher
  • Nope~
    • View Profile
« Reply #427 on: November 11, 2010, 05:37:30 pm »

Ah yes, cd...
Quote from: Radio Controlled (Discord)
A hand, a hand, my kingdom for a hot hand!
The kitchenette mold free, you move on to the pantry. it's nasty in there. The bacon is grazing on the lettuce. The ham is having an illicit affair with the prime rib, The potatoes see all, know all. A rat in boxer shorts smoking a foul smelling cigar is banging on a cabinet shouting about rent money.

Ochita

• Bay Watcher
  • Doofus ghostus
    • View Profile
« Reply #428 on: November 11, 2010, 05:39:43 pm »

((Thanks.))

Format c:\ *.*. Project this into their mind, after all, I should have an inkling of magic.
Quote from: Freeform
princest zaldo of hurl kindom: the mushroom aren't going to choice itself, ochita

Lillipad

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #429 on: November 11, 2010, 05:39:55 pm »

I meant get them back within the vicinity of me.

Let's get the map drawn out, then prepare a battle formation. Norrec you've got your own weapons, so I'll leave you to your own machinations. I'll have the recruits scrounge up enough money for (3)Pavise to make things easier on Kas and I. I won't request anything of Nikoth until I'm certain that I need better stuff to make things die faster. As per usual I shall stroke my beard in a hard-boiled manner.
Quote from: BaerTaffy
If Adele covered Aerosmith, that would be my life right now.

V-Norrec

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #430 on: November 11, 2010, 05:44:09 pm »

Well, I have everything I need.  I'll ask the maid about any defenses we might face as she draws the map.  I'll also try to note (mentally of course) the locations of areas where things of high monetary value might be.

CoughDrop

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #431 on: November 11, 2010, 05:52:07 pm »

cd ..
"It's one thing to feel that you are on the right path, but it's another to think yours is the only path."

FuzzyZergling

• Bay Watcher
  • Zergin' erry day.
    • View Profile
« Reply #432 on: November 11, 2010, 05:52:29 pm »

I ask around for the location of the noble with the missing limbs.

Shade-o

• Bay Watcher
  • It's my greatest creation yet!
    • View Profile
« Reply #433 on: November 11, 2010, 06:01:50 pm »

Samthere
You examine the entire gauntlet with plain eyes, and note the smooth, natural form it has. The glossy, purple metal almost makes it look like a piece of pure muscle. Cool. You put on a fine glove and insert your hand, and you hear the Duke give a start, but he doesn't interfere. The fingers, wrist, and numerous other points are well-articulated, the metal perfectly formed to mesh together and provide ultimate flexibility and protection. It hasn't been treated with lubrication, but it doesn't seem to need it. As you raise your hand, you feel stronger. Niiice.

Ochita
You take a step back, unsure of what is happening. You didn't sign up for this!

"See! See! You yell back, not at all knowing what you're doing.

"Execute User? Why Ehn Auto Why Ten Nine Eight Seven Six...

V-Norrec
The maid draws a rough map of the major hallways and rooms in some dirt. It's pretty terrible.

Code: [Select]

Office       [ ]
  Bedroom   [  ]----+----[  ]  Vault       
                    |                 
 Dormitory  [  ]----+----[   ]---=  Kitchens and side entrance
                    |      |
            [  ]----+----[   ]  Dining Hall
 Storeroom  [  ]    |
            [  ]----+----[  ] Barracks and Armoury
                    |
                   | |    Front Door

There's a dedicated guard room near the entrance, with about 15 guards in the entire mansion. The Duke's bedroom, office and vault is at the end of a long series of hallways. The side entrance leads into a kitchen/workshop area that is directly connected to the dining hall.

Lillipad
You could find a guard station and temporarily commandeer some more equipment, you've got a writ that say's you're on a mission.

You are armed with a heavy crossbow and chain mail.
Everybody else has leather armour.

Norrec is armed with a shortsword and buckler.
Cog is armed with a warhammer and heater shield.
Kas is armed with a heavy crossbow.
Nik is armed with a two-handed Great Axe.

IronyOwl
You grab a passerby and ask who lives in the mansion. They shrug and say "Some Duke with more money than sense"

FuzzyZergling
You ask around, but nobody knows. You go back to the lodging where you left the servant girl, but she's gone, probably to go back to work.

Apparently having a redundant creature entry causes the game to say, "Oh, look, it's crazy world now. Nothing makes sense! Alligators live in houses!"

FuzzyZergling

• Bay Watcher
  • Zergin' erry day.
    • View Profile
« Reply #434 on: November 11, 2010, 06:06:15 pm »

Tend to my mushroom plot, picking any ripe ones.
I also keep a shovel near, for surprise worm attacks.
Pages: 1 ... 27 28 [29] 30 31 ... 249