A lot
- 1 (9.1%)
A ton
- 1 (9.1%)
All of it
- 3 (27.3%)

Total Members Voted: 11

Pages: 1 ... 25 26 [27] 28 29 ... 249

Author Topic: Cobalt Fortress: Days 48 onward: This is the spring of our discontent  (Read 143203 times)

Ochita

• Bay Watcher
  • Doofus ghostus
    • View Profile
Re: Dwarf Fortress: Cobalt Edition: Prologue: Orngim Trail
« Reply #390 on: November 11, 2010, 12:36:44 pm »

Well I brought food in the form of seeds. If we do a tally of what we already have, I don't mind record keeping. As long as there are assistants.
Quote from: Freeform
princest zaldo of hurl kindom: the mushroom aren't going to choice itself, ochita

IronyOwl

• Bay Watcher
  • Nope~
    • View Profile
« Reply #391 on: November 11, 2010, 12:49:05 pm »

This seems to be what we have so far:

Tools
Skilled Forge Tools
Furnace Tools
Mason Toolkit
Chemistry tools
Anvil
Mechanisms
2 Bins of Wooden Fittings
2x Bin of Coal
5 Cloth Bags

Livestock
5 Puppies
7 Chickens
Kitten
2 purring maggots
Iron Golem

Hooch
15x Barrels of Dwarven Beer
10x Barrels of Dwarven Wine
5x Dwarven Rum

Non-Mobile Food
21x Barrels of plump helmets

Seeds
3 bags Sweet Pod Seeds
2 bags plumphelmet spawn
1 bag Lantern spawn
1 bag oil brush stems

Weapons and Armor
Battle axe
1 dagger
Heavy Crossbow
Quiver of 20 bolts
Leather Armour

Various Miscellany
Waterskin
Lantern
1 backpack
10 glass vials
5x Rope
Bin of Pages
Oil Vial
262☼

CoughDrop and V-Norrec haven't bought anything yet, according to the front page, and this doesn't include any migrants.
Quote from: Radio Controlled (Discord)
A hand, a hand, my kingdom for a hot hand!
The kitchenette mold free, you move on to the pantry. it's nasty in there. The bacon is grazing on the lettuce. The ham is having an illicit affair with the prime rib, The potatoes see all, know all. A rat in boxer shorts smoking a foul smelling cigar is banging on a cabinet shouting about rent money.

CoughDrop

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #392 on: November 11, 2010, 12:52:17 pm »

Well I brought food in the form of seeds. If we do a tally of what we already have, I don't mind record keeping. As long as there are assistants.

Since those seeds would be considered essentials, I would put in the math that you already put in a certain amount of money. I guess I can just go through all the different characters on page 1 and see who has what so far.... We'll see where this goes once I finish the math.

And thank you Irony for posting

Edit: Can everyone please post how many DB they have left? It's a bit hard to figure out due to a lot of the items listed as possibly being given through means of questing.
« Last Edit: November 11, 2010, 01:02:23 pm by CoughDrop »
"It's one thing to feel that you are on the right path, but it's another to think yours is the only path."

IronyOwl

• Bay Watcher
  • Nope~
    • View Profile
« Reply #393 on: November 11, 2010, 01:06:57 pm »

0 for me.
The kitchenette mold free, you move on to the pantry. it's nasty in there. The bacon is grazing on the lettuce. The ham is having an illicit affair with the prime rib, The potatoes see all, know all. A rat in boxer shorts smoking a foul smelling cigar is banging on a cabinet shouting about rent money.

Ochita

• Bay Watcher
  • Doofus ghostus
    • View Profile
« Reply #394 on: November 11, 2010, 01:28:26 pm »

I have 190 left. Values of doing side-quests.
Quote from: Freeform
princest zaldo of hurl kindom: the mushroom aren't going to choice itself, ochita

CoughDrop

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #395 on: November 11, 2010, 01:43:25 pm »

Rolan7 - Adil Olinlolor Tongsletter's inventory is also very confusing. Could this please be cleared up?

Should I also calculate in the Backup Bodies?
"It's one thing to feel that you are on the right path, but it's another to think yours is the only path."

Lillipad

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #396 on: November 11, 2010, 02:03:35 pm »

I'll suddenly recall the HARDENED THUG pointing me to the warehouse of a respectable merchant, and notice that the addresses match up. I will stroke my beard in a hard-boiled manner as Nik and I make our way to the warehouse.
Quote from: BaerTaffy
If Adele covered Aerosmith, that would be my life right now.

Hastur

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #397 on: November 11, 2010, 02:13:29 pm »

Sandow has 50$ left he can contribute towards the group

Nirur Torir

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #398 on: November 11, 2010, 02:34:30 pm »

I spent my extra money on booze, and have nothing left. (Anvils are expensive)

Lillipad

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #399 on: November 11, 2010, 02:39:29 pm »

One of you initial embark guys seriously needs to invest in some pickaxes, or else you've got Mr. Miner Penalty(me) as the only one to dig out your mountain fortress. Even then, I'm not on the initial embark, so you'll have to live in the towers Nirur suggested until I can come and start digging out the entrance.

IronyOwl

• Bay Watcher
  • Nope~
    • View Profile
« Reply #400 on: November 11, 2010, 02:57:22 pm »

Worst case I can swap out a bin of fasteners for a bin of copper bars, and we can just forge the tools on site.

I have to admit though, having everyone on mining or farming duty at the very beginning might be a good way to go.

V-Norrec

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #401 on: November 11, 2010, 03:14:40 pm »

I'll tell you what I'm planning on buying once I finish this.  Plus hopefully I'll have a lot more money.

Expedition Tent (-300)
Expedition Bedding (-100)
Plow (-150)
Pickaxe (-30)
2 Barrels of Beer (-20)

That's my initial 600.  Any additional I gain will be placed into seeds, tools for still and kitchen, food, and booze, in that order.
« Last Edit: November 11, 2010, 03:26:06 pm by V-Norrec »

Shade-o

• Bay Watcher
  • It's my greatest creation yet!
    • View Profile
« Reply #402 on: November 11, 2010, 03:37:54 pm »

Copper is a bit soft for mining, I'd strongly recommend forged iron.

Samthere
The Duke seems pleased by your response, and leads you to a sealed vault. You pass legions of guards on the way. After using a key, the door swings open and reveals a pedestal with an open steel case, as well as some tools on a table that you realise are for examining metalwork. You approach and the Duke nervously waits behind by the door.

You step forward and see that there is indeed a black bronze gauntlet in the case. You can't tell if it's a fake or artifact, you'll have to examine it with all your metalskills.

V-Norrec
You instruct Kas and take her place at the bar, and slowly eat some paste. After some time passes Kas returns and informs you that the maid does work for Nuremburger, and will happily show you a side entrance (as long as she doesn't get in trouble). It seems legit.

Ochita
You frown and ask if they are aware of any sources of magic nearby. She responds that that any residual magical effects are likely caused by the large amount of low-level enchantments on items such as artifacts and golems present in the city.

You're sure that the magic is in the room, though. And you don't see any artifacts or golems.

FuzzyZergling
You receive a script of paper. It claims that you are a hero. Hmm. You take a stroll back to the forges, and see a sad girl leaving. The smiths are all busy working.

IronyOwl
You leave, embarrassed at making such a rookie mistake. The glassworks aren't too far, all the furnaces are lumped together. You find a nice-sized workshop where a master is casting out a huge pane of clear glass. Assistants are scurrying about in service.

Lillipad
At first you get excited, but then you realise that the public warehouse is actually right next to the rich private one. You quickly check anyway, but it's owned by someone else and it's all above board. Saddened by the development, you go back to the public one. Sections of its storage are rented out to different interests, many of which have no need for a large, permanent warehouse. Itinerant traders, temporary oversupplies, that sort of thing.

There's only one guard, but he's happy to help and guides you to the Duke's section. It looks much like all the other lots, piled with various bins, barrels, bags and bottles. There aren't any labourers moving it currently.

Apparently having a redundant creature entry causes the game to say, "Oh, look, it's crazy world now. Nothing makes sense! Alligators live in houses!"

Lillipad

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #403 on: November 11, 2010, 03:41:05 pm »

I'll inspect the warehouse for illegal weapons or substances, counterfeit anything, and smuggled goods. I'll keep an eye out for the royal seal as well.

V-Norrec

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #404 on: November 11, 2010, 03:41:58 pm »

((Non-action, I'm going to wait for Lilli to catch up, once he finishes up at the warehouse, I'll let him take the first action of entering the duke's residence through the side entrance.  Also, have I been eating enough lately?))
Pages: 1 ... 25 26 [27] 28 29 ... 249