A lot
- 1 (9.1%)
A ton
- 1 (9.1%)
All of it
- 3 (27.3%)

Total Members Voted: 11

Pages: 1 ... 15 16 [17] 18 19 ... 249

Author Topic: Cobalt Fortress: Days 48 onward: This is the spring of our discontent  (Read 143136 times)

V-Norrec

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: Dwarf Fortress: Cobalt Edition: Prologue: Orngim Trail
« Reply #240 on: November 10, 2010, 11:51:54 am »

Trust me... you don't want a sex change, it gave me an extra bad trait... which hopefully will turn into a good trait or something in the future.

CoughDrop

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #241 on: November 10, 2010, 12:02:46 pm »

Trust me... you don't want a sex change, it gave me an extra bad trait... which hopefully will turn into a good trait or something in the future.

Err, do you mean switching my already female back to a male, or keeping her female since I'm really a male?

Either way, I'm almost done finishing up my character sheet.
"It's one thing to feel that you are on the right path, but it's another to think yours is the only path."

Rolan7

• Bay Watcher
  • [GUE'VESA][BONECARN]
    • View Profile
« Reply #242 on: November 10, 2010, 12:05:08 pm »

Ah, but my explanation is Tongsletter has always been female.  It's just nobody notices or cares because she's an outsider.  Also, all that time outdoors hunting and surviving on the land has left her looking rugged (for example her beard is frazzled).

Besides, "cosmic plaything" and "fragile sanity" plus a cat sounds like a recipe for fun if I've ever heard one.
She/they
No justice: no peace.
Quote from: Fallen London, one Unthinkable Hope
This one didn't want to be who they was. On the Surface – it was a dull, unconsidered sadness. But everything changed. Which implied everything could change.

V-Norrec

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #243 on: November 10, 2010, 12:18:28 pm »

No, you're safe probably CoughDrop.  I was talking to Rolan.  But hey, I guess if you want "fun" that's cool.  I'm going to try my best to turn my peasant into a business mogul.

Also while I don't control your cash or anything >.>  I'd like it.  I need start up funds and I rather not have to kill gangsters to secure all these goods since my plan to run them all to the store real quick doesn't look like it's going to work.
« Last Edit: November 10, 2010, 12:21:15 pm by V-Norrec »

CoughDrop

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #244 on: November 10, 2010, 12:29:08 pm »

Would we be able to role play me in as being a childhood friend of Norrec?

Edit: I'm quite certain that I'm going to go with the thinker caste, though Philosopher is listed as "Thinking on the nature of the physical and metaphysical world." I'm guessing this is useless as it sounds? If so I'll probably go with chemist. I've actually been wanting to make an alchemist oriented DnD character (who ironically, was also a dwarf).
« Last Edit: November 10, 2010, 12:35:14 pm by CoughDrop »
"It's one thing to feel that you are on the right path, but it's another to think yours is the only path."

V-Norrec

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #245 on: November 10, 2010, 12:30:25 pm »

Sure, we could do that, what caste are you in if you don't mind me asking?  Btw, you knew me as a male that way and I suddenly became female, this will be interesting :P

Edit:  That could work, you could help me make up for my lack of service skills from being a peasant.  Which would be nifty for me :D
« Last Edit: November 10, 2010, 12:42:13 pm by V-Norrec »

Ochita

• Bay Watcher
  • Doofus ghostus
    • View Profile
« Reply #246 on: November 10, 2010, 12:39:49 pm »

Umm... I do happen to be a chemist. And a stonecrafter. I'm middle class with an artists caste.
Quote from: Freeform
princest zaldo of hurl kindom: the mushroom aren't going to choice itself, ochita

CoughDrop

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #247 on: November 10, 2010, 12:51:53 pm »

Umm... I do happen to be a chemist. And a stonecrafter. I'm middle class with an artists caste.

But you wouldn't be a specialized chemist. I usually prefer to have my character be extremely adept in a very small range of skills.

Rolan7

• Bay Watcher
  • [GUE'VESA][BONECARN]
    • View Profile
« Reply #248 on: November 10, 2010, 12:59:37 pm »

No, you're safe probably CoughDrop.  I was talking to Rolan.  But hey, I guess if you want "fun" that's cool.  I'm going to try my best to turn my peasant into a business mogul.

Also while I don't control your cash or anything >.>  I'd like it.  I need start up funds and I rather not have to kill gangsters to secure all these goods since my plan to run them all to the store real quick doesn't look like it's going to work.

Alright, I'm hanging around the shops playing with my cat.  I'd more readily give my funds to a middle class dwarf (being a believer in the caste system), but if someone were to promise me Rum or Syrup in the future, well...

I could probably befriend a peasant, but not a middle or upper classer.
« Last Edit: November 10, 2010, 01:01:46 pm by Rolan7 »
She/they
No justice: no peace.
Quote from: Fallen London, one Unthinkable Hope
This one didn't want to be who they was. On the Surface – it was a dull, unconsidered sadness. But everything changed. Which implied everything could change.

Ochita

• Bay Watcher
  • Doofus ghostus
    • View Profile
« Reply #249 on: November 10, 2010, 01:05:47 pm »

oh look I have rum how amazing is that.
princest zaldo of hurl kindom: the mushroom aren't going to choice itself, ochita

Nirur Torir

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #250 on: November 10, 2010, 01:59:13 pm »

Heh, we have such a strange starting seven.

Barbarossa - Melee dwarf, novice doctor/weaponsmith
Me - Mechanic/metalsmith, novice mason
Rolan7 - Explorer/herbalist, novice hunter
Ochita - Artist/chemist, novice farmer/mechanic
Hastur - Animal care/artist, novice stonecrafter/cook
V-Norrec - Brewer/brawler, novice cook/miller
CoughDrop - Chemist? (If you're going thinker, we could use a trader.)

CoughDrop

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #251 on: November 10, 2010, 02:12:34 pm »

CoughDrop - Chemist? (If you're going thinker, we could use a trader.)

Yes, I was thinking trader, but we also need a farmer. (unless our backup bodies are going to be with us shortly?)

Ochita

• Bay Watcher
  • Doofus ghostus
    • View Profile
« Reply #252 on: November 10, 2010, 03:28:10 pm »

Hello, novice farmer here.

Shade-o

• Bay Watcher
  • It's my greatest creation yet!
    • View Profile
« Reply #253 on: November 10, 2010, 03:34:12 pm »

Well, we have a distinct lack of miners and woodcutters, but you'll be able to pick that up quick enough. Just remember to bring some sort of axe (hatchets are cheapest) and picks.

V-Norrec
Although you have no reason to suspect it, recent experiences have taught you that warehouses are full of danger. You strain to hear inside, but there's nothing you can detect. You carefully open the door and stand in the doorway, with nothing but darkness in front of you. You could go in and let your eyes adjust a little, or go find a light source outside to bring in.

Samthere
Ertal is happy to go along with your idea, as he will never be suspected. You rouse the horde of semi-drunk peasants, and lead them out of the tavern. Ertal stays behind. The mass of unwashed pours through the streets, knocking away a few guards that try to stop them. You come to the lodging where the wives are being stored, and your army swarms into the building. They emerge like raiders carrying their loot, and they disappear into the backalleys. You too make yourself scarce, and a few squads of guards appear too late. You start to head back to the tavern to tell Ertal the news.

Coughdrop
Although you had a nasty altercation with a filthy hobo that took most of your day, now you are ready to do, er, other things.

Chemist is more immediately practical, with things like lye, soap and fertilisers. It can also get more crazy as you learn more about chemicals. Philosopher is not immediately useful, at best giving revelations that cheer up dwarfs. But it might lead to really crazy things once you understand the very nature of reality. It also inspires ideas, concepts and inventions.

Ochita
The stabler wrings his hands in frustration. Even if it gets stolen by a goblin, it's his fault for not guarding it properly. The only way to get rid of it safely is for you to buy it, or find someone else who will.

FuzzyZergling
The tavern is mostly peasants and servants, but there are a few of the upper and middle class in the corners. The nobles in particular look as if they're trying to avoid attention, either because of secret dealings or fear of the rabble. You still have armfuls of ladies, a few of them look like they're from rich families.

Rolan7
You have CUTE SHENANIGANS with your kitty. You cause MILD MISCHIEF in the general area, and some people are annoyed by it. You decide not to push your luck and get exiled before you leave. You then reflect on your ambiguous gender. You keep saying that you're a female, but it always takes some convincing. The fake beard can't be helping.

Yeah, no female beards.

Apparently having a redundant creature entry causes the game to say, "Oh, look, it's crazy world now. Nothing makes sense! Alligators live in houses!"

FuzzyZergling

• Bay Watcher
  • Zergin' erry day.
    • View Profile
« Reply #254 on: November 10, 2010, 03:47:53 pm »

I begin questioning the ethics of those currently in positions of power.
They are entirely too judicious in their use of magma!
I mean, one day you're just sleeping in your room, right? Then the guy next room over posts a mandate for gold pails, and BAM!
Whole tunnel smells like sulphur for a month.
And those worms, they tunnel right up to the farms! I saw one bore through a dwarf right in front of me!
We should march over there and demand better treatment!

Social unrest is the best kind of unrest.
Pages: 1 ... 15 16 [17] 18 19 ... 249