A lot
- 1 (9.1%)
A ton
- 1 (9.1%)
All of it
- 3 (27.3%)

Total Members Voted: 11

Pages: 1 ... 10 11 [12] 13 14 ... 249

Author Topic: Cobalt Fortress: Days 48 onward: This is the spring of our discontent  (Read 143215 times)

V-Norrec

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: Dwarf Fortress: Cobalt Edition: Prologue: Orngim Trail
« Reply #165 on: November 09, 2010, 10:29:14 pm »

Find somebody skilled in the arts of... erm... law.  Have them tell me what the contract is for.

Shade-o

• Bay Watcher
  • It's my greatest creation yet!
    • View Profile
« Reply #166 on: November 09, 2010, 10:36:39 pm »

FuzzyZergling
You leave the warmth of the tavern, and go out to do some good deeds. You meet many sick and injured who have been passed over, and do what you can for them.

You have dysentery.

Lillipad
You wake up, only to be faced by a guard captain who's had his doors kicked in. He tells you that barges have been disappearing near this end of the undersea routes, and he needs somebody to investigate. You'll be facing freezing water, pitch darkness, monsters, and jagged rocks. It's a near-suicidal job, and he can't force you to do it.

Hastur
Every dwarf has a little toolbelt, with little tools in it. Pens, brushes and little engraving chisels are included.

Samthere
You are struck by sudden inspiration for a new hairstyle. It'll take the underworld by storm!

First, you go to a reputed dealer. He examines the medallion, and finds that it's solid gold. It's quite small, however. It would be valued at about 10☼.

V-Norrec
You head to the glitzier part of town. You feel very self conscious, being a filthy peasant wielding a crossbow. You find what looks like a law partnership, and you head inside. The clerk tries to shoo you away, but stops when she sees the blood and weapons.

She tells you to wait outside a senior's office, where he's having a meeting with an important client. You are left there, and there's no indication that you'll be called for at least a few hours. There's another doorway next to the office that looks interesting...
Apparently having a redundant creature entry causes the game to say, "Oh, look, it's crazy world now. Nothing makes sense! Alligators live in houses!"

Hastur

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #167 on: November 09, 2010, 10:37:35 pm »

Im a noble i have a default skill in it. I'll read it

(I make one of my skills animal carerer)
I buy an iron golem 550
I buy 5 chickens, picking 2 males and three females the fittest ones. 300$
50$ remainder

Question: If i am a noble and i take novice skill in stonecrafting, and i try to make something is the penalty to production skills still take effect? or did i buy that off by making stonecrafting one of my skills?
« Last Edit: November 09, 2010, 10:39:37 pm by Hastur »

Shade-o

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #168 on: November 09, 2010, 10:41:25 pm »

Penalty skills start at -2. Taking Novice sets it to +1. It's like having an extra two skill ranks that actually hurt your efforts.
Apparently having a redundant creature entry causes the game to say, "Oh, look, it's crazy world now. Nothing makes sense! Alligators live in houses!"

Lillipad

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #169 on: November 09, 2010, 10:45:48 pm »

"Look pal, if you need someone for a suicide mission I'm your man, but I'll need a squad of trained dwarfs to help, and at least (1)Chainmail, along with (1)Cart as payment. Deal?"
Quote from: BaerTaffy
If Adele covered Aerosmith, that would be my life right now.

V-Norrec

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #170 on: November 09, 2010, 10:53:56 pm »

Discreetly take a peek into the doorway.  If nothing interesting or valuable is inside just approach the clerk and show her the contract to see if she can read it.

Shade-o

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #171 on: November 09, 2010, 11:01:39 pm »

Lillipad
The captain considers your request.
"How about this. I'll give you a squad of recruits, and I don't have you disciplined."

The recruits are:
Cog, the hammerdwarf who has just started a family of two babies.
Tholtig, the sworddwarf who is supporting his family with his guard pay.
Kas, the marksdwarf who promised her husband that she would be back in time for their anniversary.
Nik, the axedwarf who carries a drawing made by his baby brother.

V-Norrec
You peek in the doorway. On first glance it's an unremarkable closet. On second glance it's an unremarkable closet. On third glance (You are exceptionally bored) you see a crack in the wall with light coming through. It's on the side with the office.

V-Norrec

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #172 on: November 09, 2010, 11:04:11 pm »

Make sure the clerk isn't looking then enter the closet and see if I can't hear what they're talking about in the office.  Oh and close the door.  If the clerk is looking, ask where the bathrooms are, that ale from earlier is catchin' up with me.

Lillipad

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #173 on: November 09, 2010, 11:08:53 pm »

"You won't find anyone more willing to jump headlong into that much danger with nothing but recruits, and successfully return in this town. Your loss."

This place is a waste of time. I'll go sweep some crime in the crime-filled section of town. If I kill any WANTED CRIMINALS I'll claim the rewards for their heads. As the Military Academy teachers always said, "If doing things normally doesn't work, then use violence. If violence doesn't work, then you're obviously doing it wrong, or you aren't using enough of it."

FuzzyZergling

• Bay Watcher
  • Zergin' erry day.
    • View Profile
« Reply #174 on: November 09, 2010, 11:09:43 pm »

I have dysentery?
Oh no!

I, being skilled in the ways of self-diagnosis, recognize my illness and return to my abode to drink nice rehydrating ale.

Nirur Torir

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #175 on: November 09, 2010, 11:12:39 pm »

Lillipad
The captain considers your request.
"How about this. I'll give you a squad of recruits, and I don't have you disciplined."

The recruits are:
Cog, the hammerdwarf who has just started a family of two babies.
Tholtig, the sworddwarf who is supporting his family with his guard pay.
Kas, the marksdwarf who promised her husband that she would be back in time for their anniversary.
Nik, the axedwarf who carries a drawing made by his baby brother.
You should take them. You are all but guaranteed to survive the mission, so that you may feel remorse for their deaths.

Lillipad

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #176 on: November 09, 2010, 11:15:01 pm »

I can either go become a vigilante bounty hunter, or suicide a bunch of people for no pay... Both such perfect options.

V-Norrec

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #177 on: November 09, 2010, 11:16:30 pm »

Hey, vigilante wealth re-distributor is my gig.  :P

Samthere

• Bay Watcher
  • RRRRRAAAAAAOR! <3
    • View Profile
« Reply #178 on: November 09, 2010, 11:18:38 pm »

Gar's Character Template (no shopping till migration time)
Spoiler (click to show/hide)

Gar: Thanks the dealer but would much rather keep it. He'll go to get new haircut, then return to the bar with the medallion slung around his neck. Amid roars of delight, he shall share drinks with everyone and tell them grand stories of how he likes to drink! ... AND HE SHALL SING

Lillipad

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #179 on: November 09, 2010, 11:20:42 pm »

You're an UPSTANDING CITIZEN GONE ROGUE Norrec. The difference is, admittedly, very tiny, but it exists, oh it exists!
Pages: 1 ... 10 11 [12] 13 14 ... 249