A lot
- 1 (9.1%)
A ton
- 1 (9.1%)
All of it
- 3 (27.3%)

Total Members Voted: 11

Pages: 1 ... 9 10 [11] 12 13 ... 249

Author Topic: Cobalt Fortress: Days 48 onward: This is the spring of our discontent  (Read 143118 times)

Shade-o

• Bay Watcher
  • It's my greatest creation yet!
    • View Profile
Re: Dwarf Fortress: Cobalt Edition: Prologue: Orngim Trail
« Reply #150 on: November 09, 2010, 09:16:57 pm »

Lilipad
You attempt to retrieve the bolts, but they were fired into the skulls at point blank range. They're actually embedded in the floor. You decide that a heavy crossbow was used, not a repeater.

The captain listens, but tells you, "YOU'RE A LOOSE CANNON, MIKHAIL! PEOPLE HAVE A BAD HABIT OF GETTING SHOT AROUND YOU! I'M PULLING YOU OFF THE CASE! NOW GO REPORT TO CAPTAIN NIKOTH AT THE DOCKS, OR I'LL HAVE YOUR BADGE!"
Apparently having a redundant creature entry causes the game to say, "Oh, look, it's crazy world now. Nothing makes sense! Alligators live in houses!"

Lillipad

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #151 on: November 09, 2010, 09:21:08 pm »

It's obviously no use showing the captain that the only bolt I've ever used while on active duty was used on a HARDENED THUG who is now in prison, so I'll leave the building taking a swig of ale from one of my Waterskins in a hard boiled fashion.
I'll head to the docks to speak to Nikoth.
Quote from: BaerTaffy
If Adele covered Aerosmith, that would be my life right now.

Hastur

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #152 on: November 09, 2010, 09:47:20 pm »

Name: Sandow Statenskivsky
Deity: Aned Luckystep, Goddess of gambling and luck
Caste: Noble

Skills: havent decided yet
Good Traits: physical-darksight , mental-perfectionist , social-emotive
Bad Traits: cold blooded workaholic squirmer
Backstory: one of 12 sons, Sandow was left to himself and always felt overlooked, he tries to stand out in the arts but in the end he'd rather try being a big fish in a small far away pond, so he volunteered for the caravan

Free Items: none
Bought Items: havent decided yet

Ps. has my gamble resolved yet?

V-Norrec

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #153 on: November 09, 2010, 09:54:35 pm »

Sorry, I'm not trying to get you in trouble or anything Lilli.  Looks like the cops just don't like my brand of justice... and wealth redistribution.

Action:  Try to sell my sack of lantern dye.  It is obviously mine to sell so their should be no problems (lie)

Shade-o

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #154 on: November 09, 2010, 10:02:31 pm »

Lillipad
You are angry at being taken off the case. Just because you're a hard-boiled guard with an itchy trigger finger...

You quickly reach the docks by riding a cart going that way. It's not exactly part of the city, but it linked to it by a major highway tunnel. It's a collection of warehouses and offices facing onto a set of piers and docks, used for accessing a vast underground sea. It's an excellent source of trade, much more efficient than overland caravans, but only a few safe routes have been completely mapped out and ferocious creatures sometimes prey on traders, trying to sink their barges.

Hastur
Which one do you want? It's 3:2 in favour of the Pit Worm. How much are you betting again?

V-Norrec
You manage to find a shady dealer who is willing to accept your bag of dye. He's received stranger things from odder people.

He offers the following for it:

1: A cursed skull totem obtained from a goblin.
2: A vial of unidentified red liquid, possibly blood, possibly not.
3: A small wheel of cheese.
4: A written contract, you can't make out the legalese without closer examination but it would appear to a deed stating the ownership of something.
Apparently having a redundant creature entry causes the game to say, "Oh, look, it's crazy world now. Nothing makes sense! Alligators live in houses!"

Hastur

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #155 on: November 09, 2010, 10:03:45 pm »

i bet 300 on the pit worm, since the food store described them as a mighty subteranean predator

Lillipad

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #156 on: November 09, 2010, 10:05:19 pm »

Ask a local about where I can find Nikoth. Once I have obtained the information I'll bust into his office, because I'm just that hard-boiled.

V-Norrec

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #157 on: November 09, 2010, 10:08:13 pm »

I'll take the contract.  Read it in more detail, then head towards the more official shops in town to do some "shopping"  or if anybody is distracted, wealth redistribution.

Samthere

• Bay Watcher
  • RRRRRAAAAAAOR! <3
    • View Profile
« Reply #158 on: November 09, 2010, 10:10:16 pm »

GAR: Will myself into consciousness! Fight away the blurry visions!

Shade-o

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #159 on: November 09, 2010, 10:19:16 pm »

Hastur
You put 300 on the pit worm, half your royal allowance. You really hope it wins.

It's a close fight, with the prisoner getting a good grip on it at and trying to tear it apart with his bear hands. It took a turn against him when the worm wound around him and tore his face off. You collect 300 in profit from the bookkeeper, who looks glum.

Lillipad
You manage to find the guard office easily, being the most impressive structure. You kick the door in, and Captain Nikoth automatically punches you in the head, knocking you out.

V-Norrec
It was a tough choice between the cheese and the contract, but the written word won out. You see a cart loading with all sorts of goods, including your bag of dye, off to be sold at some far-away market.

You attempt to read it, but the legalese is truely mind-boggling. You don't even know half the words. There's bloodstains on it, however. You'll have to find somebody with a distinctly fine education to translate it for you. You start heading towards the more civil part of town, where smart people tend to be.

Samthere
You already woke up some time ago.
You wake up in short order, your powerful liver churning like a watermill. You are initially worried that someone had robbed you, but you had fallen on the bag and prevented anyone from taking it. It has left an indentation on your gut, which is cruel for your poor organs.

You open the cloth wrap and discover...

A gold medallion, emblazoned with the symbol of a tankard. It seems that you've won a competition. There's also a little certificate that states that you have indeed won the 29th Annual Drinking Contest and Spider Fight. Huh, seems like you didn't hallucinate that part.

You could keep the winnings, or maybe find a collector or trader who would pay top ☼ for it.

FuzzyZergling

• Bay Watcher
  • Zergin' erry day.
    • View Profile
« Reply #160 on: November 09, 2010, 10:21:48 pm »

Enjoy the warm company of friends, then get back to my quarters to retrieve my doctoring things.
Then, take to the streets to ply my freelance healthcare!

Lillipad

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #161 on: November 09, 2010, 10:22:36 pm »

Wake up in a hard-boiled manner, and make sure my possessions aren't being looted by any greedy, extremely corrupt guard captains/anyone else.

Hastur

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #162 on: November 09, 2010, 10:22:55 pm »

do i need artist tools? like to engrave or paint?

Samthere

• Bay Watcher
  • RRRRRAAAAAAOR! <3
    • View Profile
« Reply #163 on: November 09, 2010, 10:23:51 pm »

Oh, sorry, I guess I missed it. It's been moving fast in this thread :D

GAR: Ooh, a beautiful medallion! I'll go get it valued, but I likely have every intention of wearing it outside all my other clothes, and possibly cutting my hair except for one strip down the middle from my forehead to my neck.

Nirur Torir

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #164 on: November 09, 2010, 10:27:07 pm »

do i need artist tools? like to engrave or paint?

I believe tools are only needed for building workshops. Here's the tools list:
Carpenter
Mason
Brewer
Kitchen
Forge (Anvil not included)
Jeweler
Crafter
Butcher
Loom
Furnace
Tailor