A lot
- 1 (9.1%)
A ton
- 1 (9.1%)
All of it
- 3 (27.3%)

Total Members Voted: 11

Pages: 1 ... 3 4 [5] 6 7 ... 249

Author Topic: Cobalt Fortress: Days 48 onward: This is the spring of our discontent  (Read 143269 times)

Solifuge

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: Dwarf Fortress: Cobalt Edition: Prologue: Orngim Trail
« Reply #60 on: November 09, 2010, 01:47:30 am »

(This is pretty snazzy. I'll be following this)

V-Norrec

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #61 on: November 09, 2010, 01:48:30 am »

Can we back-up dwarfs post our stuff yet or mess around in the mountain home, or what?

Shade-o

• Bay Watcher
  • It's my greatest creation yet!
    • View Profile
« Reply #62 on: November 09, 2010, 01:51:47 am »

When I post the shops and character builder things, we'll see how many of the original seven respond. If they don't show up within a day or two, they get booted and a backup body gets randomly selected to replace them.

Everybody is free to wander the Mountainhome now that the expedition has been made official. You know, do RPG stuff.
Apparently having a redundant creature entry causes the game to say, "Oh, look, it's crazy world now. Nothing makes sense! Alligators live in houses!"

Hastur

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #63 on: November 09, 2010, 02:06:10 am »

Sandow goes gamble at the cockfighting pits

Shade-o

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #64 on: November 09, 2010, 02:09:37 am »

Sandow can't find any cockfighting pits, as chickens are a rarity here outside fried form. However, he does find a Pitted Pit Worm Pit, where a terrified and maddened underground detrivore is trapped with a prisoner on death row. Do you continue?
Apparently having a redundant creature entry causes the game to say, "Oh, look, it's crazy world now. Nothing makes sense! Alligators live in houses!"

Hastur

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #65 on: November 09, 2010, 02:11:16 am »

most definitely ill bet 1/5 of my money on whomever the odds are in favor of

Shade-o

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #66 on: November 09, 2010, 02:17:24 am »

You don't actually have any coins, but you do have a 600☼ royal script that can be cashed in at the various depots and storerooms you will be visiting tomorrow. The bookkeeper looks like an understanding fellow, and you you could probably write it up as an expedition expense.

Both combatants are in till the death, with the pit worm normally being a benign creature but now completely maddened. The prisoner is a hardened killer, though he doesn't have any tools.

V-Norrec

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #67 on: November 09, 2010, 03:09:29 am »

Let's see. . . I guess I'll head to the slums, and try to make a few contacts among the local thugs and see what the price would be for them to come to Iron with the first group of migrants.

Shade-o

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #68 on: November 09, 2010, 03:20:00 am »

V-Norrec
You take the back tunnels that lead to the poorly patrolled areas. There aren't monsters or goblins here, but dwarves who live outside the law. The grimy skulkers consider mugging you, but you look like you've been done over already. As you approach a major intersection, you see three paths. As you've never been here before, it's up to good old deduction. You really shouldn't ask a local, as they'll probably send you off to get knifed.

1: Up, well lit and with evil-sounding laugher and screams of pain.
2: Level, pitch black and some water trickling out.
3: Down, poorly lit and with what looks like a skull embedded in the wall.

V-Norrec

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #69 on: November 09, 2010, 03:23:09 am »

I'm going up, it's just a good old fashioned bar fight, nothing to worry about.  Do so carefully though and avoid making eye contact for too long with anyone.
« Last Edit: November 09, 2010, 04:23:57 am by V-Norrec »

Shade-o

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #70 on: November 09, 2010, 05:18:26 am »

V-Norrec
Despite, or perhaps because of your better judgement, you take the well-lit path. It leads into what seems to be a grimy dining hall, though currently it is not in use. There is, however, a dwarf with a knife tearing away at another on the ground, the source of the laughter and screaming, respectively.

You manage to keep your footsteps quiet enough that he doesn't hear you, and you carefully lift a wooden chair over your head.

Your swing is slightly off, but you hit him on the back of the head with a solid *whack*. His skull is cracked and blood spurts out, but he stumbles to face you before you can hit him again. He takes a wild swing with his bloodstained knife, but his aim is clearly impaired and he misses completely. Before he regains his balance, you take another swing with your chair and manage to badly crush his right hand, ruining his dagger grip.

He springs forward in vicious attack before you can move away, but you twist just in time to avoid his dagger. It's a good thing too, because he would have gutted you.

You give up with the chair, which is a clumsy and ineffective weapon. You throw it wildly at him, and though he easily avoids it you catch him flat footed. You do a roundhouse kick, hitting him solidly in the gut. You skilfully dodge the vomit.

With his head ringing, hand crushed and gut throbbing, he makes an easy target. With an epic uppercut worthy of the gods, you strike him in the head, blowing it clean off. You take a few moments to consider what you've just done.

You are standing in an unused, well-lit dining hall. There are wooden chairs and tables set up, though one is bloodstained and on the ground. There is a headless corpse in rough clothes gripping a knife, the head either evaporated or landed somewhere out of sight. There is another body nearby, suffering multiple stab wounds all over. They aren't screaming and may or may not be dead. You are unwounded and full of adrenaline.

This combat system is awesome.
« Last Edit: November 09, 2010, 05:24:17 am by Shade-o »

Nirur Torir

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #71 on: November 09, 2010, 07:42:21 am »

Kogan will go to the tavern where his only son (still a young lad of barely 20 years, named Tosid) is waiting for him. It's time he made his own way in the world, and there's little work of interest left for a skilled mechanic here in the Mountainhomes. Although Kogan's wife may have been lost in a crazy expedition some five years ago, Tosid will be perfectly fine. Kogan wishes to spend their last night together in the Mountainhomes drinking heavily, as well as signing away his remaining personal possessions to his son. They'll be in good hands, and he can't really take them with him on the journey.

Heron TSG

• Bay Watcher
  • The Seal Goddess
    • View Profile
« Reply #72 on: November 09, 2010, 09:08:52 am »

Hadschi will find the seediest part of the mountain home to practice his crime fighting before the party leaves.

Est Sularus Oth Mithas
The Artist Formerly Known as Barbarossa TSG

JacenHanLovesLegos

• Bay Watcher
  • A medium-sized creature prone to great ambition.
    • View Profile
« Reply #73 on: November 09, 2010, 09:19:36 am »

And Urist will go hang out in his bedroom and play with his -Pig Tail iber Sock-.
As it turns out, the pen was in fact a poor choice for melee combat in comparison to the sword.
So I just started playing this game and I accidentally nuked the moon.

Samthere

• Bay Watcher
  • RRRRRAAAAAAOR! <3
    • View Profile
« Reply #74 on: November 09, 2010, 09:30:55 am »

Gar (with the local nickname of "the Boozehippo") will go to the ale hall and enter an ale-drinking contest!
Pages: 1 ... 3 4 [5] 6 7 ... 249