A lot
- 1 (9.1%)
A ton
- 1 (9.1%)
All of it
- 3 (27.3%)

Total Members Voted: 11

Pages: 1 ... 60 61 [62] 63 64 ... 249

Author Topic: Cobalt Fortress: Days 48 onward: This is the spring of our discontent  (Read 142848 times)

Hastur

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: Dwarf Fortress: Cobalt Edition: Prologue: Orngim Trail
« Reply #915 on: November 14, 2010, 01:41:00 am »

I train my fighting rooster some more, how close is it to trained?

Lillipad

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #916 on: November 14, 2010, 01:41:40 am »

I'll wait for us to reach the tunnel in question, then go in first to see what sort of horrible visions I'm given but shouldn't care about in the least. I'll report the details of the vision to the group in a black&white group flashback.

Hastur: Could you please shrink your text next time?
Quote from: BaerTaffy
If Adele covered Aerosmith, that would be my life right now.

IronyOwl

• Bay Watcher
  • Nope~
    • View Profile
« Reply #917 on: November 14, 2010, 01:42:54 am »

"Barnacle-like," I like it. :P

Anyway, gentlemen, I believe we have ourselves a dungeon-delving quest here. I can't fathom any way to say no, though we could stand to be a bit better equipped. Actually, sending in the armed, trained guards might be better than the artisan who threw a brick once, but I want in on that ancient tunnel, and this might not really fall under "guard the caravan."

So, howsabout we get me armed?
Quote from: Radio Controlled (Discord)
A hand, a hand, my kingdom for a hot hand!
The kitchenette mold free, you move on to the pantry. it's nasty in there. The bacon is grazing on the lettuce. The ham is having an illicit affair with the prime rib, The potatoes see all, know all. A rat in boxer shorts smoking a foul smelling cigar is banging on a cabinet shouting about rent money.

CoughDrop

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #918 on: November 14, 2010, 01:43:24 am »

"I'm guessing we're all in agreement for going down the creepy tunnel?"

Do we have all of our weapons/equipment with us?
"It's one thing to feel that you are on the right path, but it's another to think yours is the only path."

V-Norrec

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #919 on: November 14, 2010, 01:44:26 am »

THANK GOD FOR SUPER-SANE!!!!  "I'll agree to help and I'd also like to ask that you set up a small shrine to Hipobis Giltgold, my patron deity, only if we are successful, of course."  With that, I'll allow the priest to show myself and anyone who wants to come with me downwards to Cthulu's Lair the magical disturbance.

((can you tell me whether or not that action is doomed to failure, I'm trying to play out my Blessed trait here by setting up shrines and making figurines to Hipobis to make him happy/spread the faith.  Or should I be doing something else?))

Yeah I think we have all our equipment, I'll loan Irony my Quarterstaff if he wants for protection.  You break it though and you're getting me a new one.

IronyOwl

• Bay Watcher
  • Nope~
    • View Profile
« Reply #920 on: November 14, 2010, 01:46:10 am »

I'd prefer a ranged weapon, though I suppose I can throw rocks if I have to (I probably do).

And yeah, replacing it shouldn't be too hard, if worst comes to worst.
The kitchenette mold free, you move on to the pantry. it's nasty in there. The bacon is grazing on the lettuce. The ham is having an illicit affair with the prime rib, The potatoes see all, know all. A rat in boxer shorts smoking a foul smelling cigar is banging on a cabinet shouting about rent money.

CoughDrop

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #921 on: November 14, 2010, 01:47:29 am »

I'd prefer a ranged weapon, though I suppose I can throw rocks if I have to (I probably do).

And yeah, replacing it shouldn't be too hard, if worst comes to worst.

I have a couple spare packs of throwing knives.

"Catch!" :)
"It's one thing to feel that you are on the right path, but it's another to think yours is the only path."

V-Norrec

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #922 on: November 14, 2010, 01:48:10 am »

Lilli, I believe we'll be in for sanity tests by the description, not suffering resistance tests.

IronyOwl

• Bay Watcher
  • Nope~
    • View Profile
« Reply #923 on: November 14, 2010, 01:49:52 am »

Accept quarterstaff.

Catch throwing knives without dying.

Follow comrades to certain death exciting new discovery.

Hastur

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #924 on: November 14, 2010, 01:50:27 am »

I'll wait for us to reach the tunnel in question, then go in first to see what sort of horrible visions I'm given but shouldn't care about in the least. I'll report the details of the vision to the group in a black&white group flashback.

Hastur: Could you please shrink your text next time?

(I think it helps me get noticed by the Gm. I feel like i get ignored often and my actions go unresolved.
i will continue to have bold letters on the basis that i am not using up more space than any of the folks with signatures.)

"Ill go dungeon delve if everyone else does"

CoughDrop

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #925 on: November 14, 2010, 01:51:33 am »

Catch throwing knives without dying.

They're in packs of four. I assume that means they're encased with leather.
« Last Edit: November 14, 2010, 02:00:56 am by CoughDrop »

Rolan7

• Bay Watcher
  • [GUE'VESA][BONECARN]
    • View Profile
« Reply #926 on: November 14, 2010, 01:54:29 am »

There is no way in twilight or dusk that I am getting involved in that quest.  I'm sure you're all relieved.

Meekly ask FuzzyZergling for assistance with my injury, which I say is the result of a lumberjacking incident.

(I think it helps me get noticed by the Gm. I feel like i get ignored often and my actions go unresolved.
i will continue to have bold letters on the basis that i am not using up more space than any of the folks with signatures.)

I think the GM basically said you can't train the chicken, though, besides making it attack everyone indiscriminately.
She/they
No justice: no peace.
Quote from: Fallen London, one Unthinkable Hope
This one didn't want to be who they was. On the Surface – it was a dull, unconsidered sadness. But everything changed. Which implied everything could change.

IronyOwl

• Bay Watcher
  • Nope~
    • View Profile
« Reply #927 on: November 14, 2010, 01:55:03 am »

That's relieving. Though depending on how combat works it doesn't completely rule out the possibility of dying to them, does it? :P

Lillipad

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #928 on: November 14, 2010, 02:01:11 am »

It sounds like you'd suffer from the visions, so either way it's a matter of who goes first. The future owner of our tavern, or the only soldier in the group?

IronyOwl: If I'm involved then certain death is a given, though who dies is generally on the opposing side.
Quote from: BaerTaffy
If Adele covered Aerosmith, that would be my life right now.

V-Norrec

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #929 on: November 14, 2010, 02:03:18 am »

I have Jaded and Super-sane, combined with Survivor and Unbreakable I'm just about the toughest Dwarf in the group to any mental or physical Threat.  Heck, with Blessed Hipobis might just throw a bone my way and make me immune to the visions.  I should go first.
Pages: 1 ... 60 61 [62] 63 64 ... 249