A lot
- 1 (9.1%)
A ton
- 1 (9.1%)
All of it
- 3 (27.3%)

Total Members Voted: 11

Pages: 1 ... 58 59 [60] 61 62 ... 249

Author Topic: Cobalt Fortress: Days 48 onward: This is the spring of our discontent  (Read 142911 times)

Shade-o

• Bay Watcher
  • It's my greatest creation yet!
    • View Profile
Re: Dwarf Fortress: Cobalt Edition: Prologue: Orngim Trail
« Reply #885 on: November 13, 2010, 10:40:13 pm »

FuzzyZergling
After taking some more time to moisten your throat, you lead the patrons into singing a rousing goblin-smashing song. You're a natural rouser, and soon the tavern is swaying.

Nirur Torir
You search around, but it almost seems as if there aren't any dedicated mechanics in town. You settle for a siege engineer who is tinkering with a row of catapults in storage. He's quite knowledgeable, and you spend some time discussing the transfer of energy into various uses.

Lillipad
You're not sure if it's entirely legal, but rules are meant to be broken! You attack the tree with gusto, but are unable to cut it down properly. Instead it gets stuck against a roof, and no amount of pulling can budge it. You flee the scene before you are discovered.

CoughDrop
Fully taking on the mantle of Responsible Expedition Leader, you return to the caravan and share the reports with the guards. They're pleased about the good travelling conditions, and laugh off any worries you had about goblins. It's one thing to raid a farm and burn down a barn, it's another to attack a well-armed caravan!

IronyOwl
The best place to learn about drinks is the tavern, so you head back. You inquire about the nature of honey and sugar cane.  There are a few beehives in town, but most of the honey is produced in warmed climes. The sugar cane has to be grown far to the sweltering north, and is traded by river. Such is the price of variety.

Hastur
You carve a crude little beast that you just thought up. It's like an elephant but with horns! You make them fight while making noises, and crown yourself the victor when you hurl them against a wall. Turning your attentions to something more practical, you begin tormenting a chicken. You monster.
Apparently having a redundant creature entry causes the game to say, "Oh, look, it's crazy world now. Nothing makes sense! Alligators live in houses!"

IronyOwl

• Bay Watcher
  • Nope~
    • View Profile
« Reply #886 on: November 13, 2010, 10:44:32 pm »

Ask if someone will let me try some sugar cane rum and honeybee mead, as I'm quite fond of dwarven rum but have never tried the surface variety.
Quote from: Radio Controlled (Discord)
A hand, a hand, my kingdom for a hot hand!
The kitchenette mold free, you move on to the pantry. it's nasty in there. The bacon is grazing on the lettuce. The ham is having an illicit affair with the prime rib, The potatoes see all, know all. A rat in boxer shorts smoking a foul smelling cigar is banging on a cabinet shouting about rent money.

Lillipad

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #887 on: November 13, 2010, 10:46:17 pm »

After overhearing the guards laugh about goblin attacks I'll go straighten out their attitudes by assuring them that taking chances on anything in the military will result in demise. Even if they're goblins it's quite easy for them to gather numbers, so unless they're all legendary rank, or champions they should stop talking and prepare for duty.
I'll go over plans to keep us from being wiped out by goblins because of incompetent guards with the leader if my hard-boiled speech does nothing to convince the guards.
Quote from: BaerTaffy
If Adele covered Aerosmith, that would be my life right now.

V-Norrec

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #888 on: November 13, 2010, 10:49:10 pm »

Wake up from drunken stupor.  Head towards the temple to see what deity they worship here and talk with the priest, something about him fearing for his life or some such nonsense.
« Last Edit: November 13, 2010, 11:42:25 pm by V-Norrec »

Hastur

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #889 on: November 13, 2010, 10:51:55 pm »

Sandow picks up his rock crafts he threw and makes another one. A simple toad, then a stone Hurlball

Rolan7

• Bay Watcher
  • [GUE'VESA][BONECARN]
    • View Profile
« Reply #890 on: November 13, 2010, 10:58:34 pm »

Stand on my chair so I can lean close to the peasant, then quietly whisper, "Hey, hu-nam... know where we could score some seeds?"
She/they
No justice: no peace.
Quote from: Fallen London, one Unthinkable Hope
This one didn't want to be who they was. On the Surface – it was a dull, unconsidered sadness. But everything changed. Which implied everything could change.

CoughDrop

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #891 on: November 13, 2010, 11:01:04 pm »

Idle in the tavern and reminisce.
"It's one thing to feel that you are on the right path, but it's another to think yours is the only path."

FuzzyZergling

• Bay Watcher
  • Zergin' erry day.
    • View Profile
« Reply #892 on: November 13, 2010, 11:36:34 pm »

So, what's going on in this town here?

Shade-o

• Bay Watcher
  • It's my greatest creation yet!
    • View Profile
« Reply #893 on: November 13, 2010, 11:53:18 pm »

IronyOwl
Eager to find something new, you sample the rum and mead. You sample a bit too much though, and go on a sugar-fuelled bender. What's the first thing you do?

Lillipad
You yell at the guards until they meekly promise to be more serious. You force them to start drilling with their weapons. This ain't no pleasure trip!

V-Norrec
You wake up with a headache, and blind. You claw frantically at your eyes, thinking that your days of recklessness have finally caught up to you. Instead it turns out to be a sheet of paper plastered to your face. It's a list of inane facts about the town that Tholtig scribbled down then lost. Some are mildly interesting, but one catches your eye.

You head to the main temple, dedicated to some unpronounceable god of trade or something. You've still got a wicked hangover. You stumble gratefully into the darkness, and demand to know where the local terrified priest is. A servant points you to a cloister, and you find a monkish looking fellow pacing nervously. He definitely looks worried, though you can't tell if he's fearful for his life.

He looks startled by the appearance of a dishevelled dwarf-lady, but understands when you explain the caravan. He respectfully requests that though you might be able to help, he would rather talk to somebody more in-charge and less hung-over.

Hastur
You continue working broken cobbles into various shapes. It's quite soothing, and the time flies by.

Rolan7
The peasant quickly leaves after giving you a weird look.

CoughDrop
You wait in the tavern, sipping a local Bear Beer. Tholtig overdoses on the local drinks and starts freaking out. You see Adil freak a peasant out and sigh. Kog bursts into the tavern and cheerily asks what is going on in this town here. You respond, nothing. Suddenly your Norrec Sense is tingling, you know that she's done something that will complicate your life immeasurably.

« Last Edit: November 13, 2010, 11:59:00 pm by Shade-o »
Apparently having a redundant creature entry causes the game to say, "Oh, look, it's crazy world now. Nothing makes sense! Alligators live in houses!"

CoughDrop

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #894 on: November 13, 2010, 11:59:33 pm »

Wait for the inevitable.
"It's one thing to feel that you are on the right path, but it's another to think yours is the only path."

IronyOwl

• Bay Watcher
  • Nope~
    • View Profile
« Reply #895 on: November 13, 2010, 11:59:56 pm »

Uh oh.

Race to the jeweller's shop and CUT THE MOST MAGNIFICENT GEM RING EVER.

Respond with "Nahnahprofessional!" if someone asks who the hell I am and what I think I'm doing with their stuff.
Quote from: Radio Controlled (Discord)
A hand, a hand, my kingdom for a hot hand!
The kitchenette mold free, you move on to the pantry. it's nasty in there. The bacon is grazing on the lettuce. The ham is having an illicit affair with the prime rib, The potatoes see all, know all. A rat in boxer shorts smoking a foul smelling cigar is banging on a cabinet shouting about rent money.

Lillipad

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #896 on: November 14, 2010, 12:03:01 am »

I'll go back to the tavern with wild abandon to report the recent happenings with the guards cheerily. Things are finally happening without a need for fiery death.
Quote from: BaerTaffy
If Adele covered Aerosmith, that would be my life right now.

FuzzyZergling

• Bay Watcher
  • Zergin' erry day.
    • View Profile
« Reply #897 on: November 14, 2010, 12:05:09 am »

Ask the locals about the town, and themselves.
Describe the wonders of the Mountainhomes, but leave out the magma leak bits.

Rolan7

• Bay Watcher
  • [GUE'VESA][BONECARN]
    • View Profile
« Reply #898 on: November 14, 2010, 12:05:48 am »

I mutter "Bah, I was only going to use them recreationally.  For breeding, you see..."
Leave this stupid human bar full of stupid humans.  Bah.  Notice the improperly felled tree, and chop it until it's off the stupid human building.
She/they
No justice: no peace.
Quote from: Fallen London, one Unthinkable Hope
This one didn't want to be who they was. On the Surface – it was a dull, unconsidered sadness. But everything changed. Which implied everything could change.

Nirur Torir

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #899 on: November 14, 2010, 12:06:55 am »

I study the masonry (or possibly carpentry) in the town until we leave. Varied techniques give rise to innovation. Or something.
Pages: 1 ... 58 59 [60] 61 62 ... 249