A lot
- 1 (9.1%)
A ton
- 1 (9.1%)
All of it
- 3 (27.3%)

Total Members Voted: 11

Pages: 1 ... 54 55 [56] 57 58 ... 249

Author Topic: Cobalt Fortress: Days 48 onward: This is the spring of our discontent  (Read 142852 times)

CoughDrop

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: Dwarf Fortress: Cobalt Edition: Prologue: Orngim Trail
« Reply #825 on: November 13, 2010, 07:46:40 pm »

"It's one thing to feel that you are on the right path, but it's another to think yours is the only path."

V-Norrec

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #826 on: November 13, 2010, 07:48:56 pm »

Grab another stick, whittle it down into an eclipse emblem.  Discuss with all of us whittlers the joys of whittling.

Lillipad

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #827 on: November 13, 2010, 07:50:07 pm »

I'll go into a battle of hard-boiled chess with Kog Haltpast. Because everyone knows that the caravan we're on has a hard-boiled chess set. Everyone.
Quote from: BaerTaffy
If Adele covered Aerosmith, that would be my life right now.

IronyOwl

• Bay Watcher
  • Nope~
    • View Profile
« Reply #828 on: November 13, 2010, 07:52:29 pm »

Ooh, try to whittle an eclipse emblem too. Also mention how normally I just wanted wood for the fuel, but this is fun.
Quote from: Radio Controlled (Discord)
A hand, a hand, my kingdom for a hot hand!
The kitchenette mold free, you move on to the pantry. it's nasty in there. The bacon is grazing on the lettuce. The ham is having an illicit affair with the prime rib, The potatoes see all, know all. A rat in boxer shorts smoking a foul smelling cigar is banging on a cabinet shouting about rent money.

Ochita

• Bay Watcher
  • Doofus ghostus
    • View Profile
« Reply #829 on: November 13, 2010, 07:52:42 pm »

I offer to play against Lilli after he is done.
Quote from: Freeform
princest zaldo of hurl kindom: the mushroom aren't going to choice itself, ochita

Nirur Torir

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #830 on: November 13, 2010, 07:56:21 pm »

I shall talk to myself disconcertingly, just to annoy the people around me.

Shade-o

• Bay Watcher
  • It's my greatest creation yet!
    • View Profile
« Reply #831 on: November 13, 2010, 08:01:23 pm »

CoughDrop
You look around, but there's no rocks in sight. There are no cliffs or mountains, just soil. The horror of reality is getting too much for you!

You juuust manage to stave off insanity. It might be best if you stop critically examining the situation for a while.

V-Norrec
While you whittle, you gush about how you can't wait to meet some elves and trade handicrafts with them. You look down and see that you've ruined your wood.

Lillipad
Unable to face Denrhymed, you pick Kog. He looks like a tough opponent. Despite this, your opening moves are brilliantly executed and you're already halfway to beating him. He rallies and destroys a swath of pawns, then routes your backup. Finally he traps your queen and king, handily winning the game.

Ochita
You're inexperienced, but you never let that stand in your way. Your opening moves crack Mikhail's line wide open, then you leapfrog him with knights and bishops. They get trapped behind enemy lines and destroyed, and he follows up by mopping up your pawns with his queen. It's very almost a stalemate, but a poor move on your part lets him capture your king.

IronyOwl
You try your hand at an eclipsey-shape, and do indeed make something recognisable, though some would say it's a wheel or a sun.

Nirur Torir
You mutter constantly under your breath while following other people around, then turn and act innocent when they look at you. Creepy.
Apparently having a redundant creature entry causes the game to say, "Oh, look, it's crazy world now. Nothing makes sense! Alligators live in houses!"

Samthere

• Bay Watcher
  • RRRRRAAAAAAOR! <3
    • View Profile
« Reply #832 on: November 13, 2010, 08:02:10 pm »

Hearing Norrec talking about whittling, I'll take another piece of wood and carve it into a canyon fortress so they can hold up their eclipse symbols behind it.

V-Norrec

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #833 on: November 13, 2010, 08:04:07 pm »

We should totally just be a roving band of whittlers, going from town to town selling our random whittling projects.  If this is like DF, each whittling project we complete is worth 5DB base value multiplied by the quality.  We should be wealthy by the time we get to Iron!

Also, how is our artifact system going to work.  Like, let's say I wanted to create, Zirilning "Fireburned", the perpetually on fire furnace to heat my inn.  How would I go about that or do I just have to hope I get taken by a mood and get the artifact I want?

I've had enough of whittling for the moment.  Approach Lilast and rouse her with a story about how my Great Uncle Urist managed to buy out a warehouse owner with a wheel of cheese and a bucket of soap water.

Hastur

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #834 on: November 13, 2010, 08:06:29 pm »

i whittle a statuette of a random male and a random female from the party getting it on like donkey kong. In the proper dwarven seated wheelbarrow position

Lillipad

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #835 on: November 13, 2010, 08:08:50 pm »

I'll greet the guards assigned to us, then establish a sniping area for me on top of the wagon I'm riding. I'll also yell at anyone still whittling for acting like elves.
Quote from: BaerTaffy
If Adele covered Aerosmith, that would be my life right now.

CoughDrop

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #836 on: November 13, 2010, 08:09:04 pm »

Give in to peer pressure and start whittling on my own little piece of wood to keep my mind off of things.
"It's one thing to feel that you are on the right path, but it's another to think yours is the only path."

Ochita

• Bay Watcher
  • Doofus ghostus
    • View Profile
« Reply #837 on: November 13, 2010, 08:11:31 pm »

Start counciling sessions, starting with V-norrec
Quote from: Freeform
princest zaldo of hurl kindom: the mushroom aren't going to choice itself, ochita

Shade-o

• Bay Watcher
  • It's my greatest creation yet!
    • View Profile
« Reply #838 on: November 13, 2010, 08:12:38 pm »

Samthere
You're more used to working metal, but you're good at delicate work. You make a fortress-sorta thing and you nail it to Irony's eclipse, then attach it to the wall of your wagon. Neat.

V-Norrec
I'm not sure about infinite energy production, but artifact moods will randomly occur. If you're really intent on getting one, you can get a bonus chance by working constantly for long periods, which will incidentally make you tired, hungry and thirsty.

Hastur
Though you're not very handy, you work on something handcrafty. Before you can make it too detailed, Mikhail yells at you while waving a crossbow.

CoughDrop
You consider whittling, but Mikhail looks serious.

You are approaching the town! You are resupplying, and taking a look at the tavern. While in town, you are guests in a foreign land and should avoid too much trouble. Lilast is in charge!
Apparently having a redundant creature entry causes the game to say, "Oh, look, it's crazy world now. Nothing makes sense! Alligators live in houses!"

Hastur

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #839 on: November 13, 2010, 08:13:24 pm »

As A skilled artisan, my next stattuette wil lbe Vnorrec standing atop a pile of elf corpses shooting downwards like the cover to DOOM video game (skilled artisan!)
Pages: 1 ... 54 55 [56] 57 58 ... 249