A lot
- 1 (9.1%)
A ton
- 1 (9.1%)
All of it
- 3 (27.3%)

Total Members Voted: 11

Pages: 1 ... 44 45 [46] 47 48 ... 249

Author Topic: Cobalt Fortress: Days 48 onward: This is the spring of our discontent  (Read 143070 times)

IronyOwl

• Bay Watcher
  • Nope~
    • View Profile
Re: Dwarf Fortress: Cobalt Edition: Prologue: Orngim Trail
« Reply #675 on: November 12, 2010, 09:49:37 pm »

I could make the gods despise me, and have the dead go to war with me if it counts for anything. I am the anti-priest.
... Are you sure you don't want to lead us?
Our job is to be so hated noplace else gets attacked...
Quote from: Radio Controlled (Discord)
A hand, a hand, my kingdom for a hot hand!
The kitchenette mold free, you move on to the pantry. it's nasty in there. The bacon is grazing on the lettuce. The ham is having an illicit affair with the prime rib, The potatoes see all, know all. A rat in boxer shorts smoking a foul smelling cigar is banging on a cabinet shouting about rent money.

Shade-o

• Bay Watcher
  • It's my greatest creation yet!
    • View Profile
« Reply #676 on: November 12, 2010, 09:50:45 pm »

Tell you what. If you can find a way to incite the gods worshipped by the goblins and all the rest, you win a cookie.
Apparently having a redundant creature entry causes the game to say, "Oh, look, it's crazy world now. Nothing makes sense! Alligators live in houses!"

CoughDrop

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #677 on: November 12, 2010, 09:54:48 pm »

I would be very happy to lead everyone. Though, I'm not sure I'm a match for Denrhymes...
"It's one thing to feel that you are on the right path, but it's another to think yours is the only path."

Shade-o

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #678 on: November 12, 2010, 10:00:15 pm »

I'm not sure if I can guarantee your survival if Denrhymed gets elected. It's bound to be very interesting, though.

How does everybody like their profile images?
Apparently having a redundant creature entry causes the game to say, "Oh, look, it's crazy world now. Nothing makes sense! Alligators live in houses!"

Lillipad

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #679 on: November 12, 2010, 10:02:54 pm »

Well, I've already got the goblins and trolls as an enemy, the Mountainhome has exiled me, I'm pretty sure that everyone else in this game is going to try and use me as a meat shield, and the RNG gods despise me, so I'd say I'm about half way there.

Shade-o: Meh, not much fits my character. It'll work I guess.
Quote from: BaerTaffy
If Adele covered Aerosmith, that would be my life right now.

Rolan7

• Bay Watcher
  • [GUE'VESA][BONECARN]
    • View Profile
« Reply #680 on: November 12, 2010, 10:03:24 pm »

Mine is the bestest!

But, um, I accidentally voted for the charming doctor Zerg before I noticed Denrhymed on the list.  I probably shouldn't have a choice in the matter, so, I guess Denrhymed is in the lead.  Uh oh.
She/they
No justice: no peace.
Quote from: Fallen London, one Unthinkable Hope
This one didn't want to be who they was. On the Surface – it was a dull, unconsidered sadness. But everything changed. Which implied everything could change.

Nirur Torir

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #681 on: November 12, 2010, 10:05:22 pm »

How does everybody like their profile images?
Perfect. Just imagine the knife as a strange mechanical trinket, and it suits the dwarf perfectly.

I'd like to change my vote. I'm not sure what strange force made me click on the last option.

CoughDrop

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #682 on: November 12, 2010, 10:06:14 pm »

I can still vote for myself if I have to... Errr, I don't know... having a kitten leader would be quite interesting... Choices, choices; how do people live?
"It's one thing to feel that you are on the right path, but it's another to think yours is the only path."

Shade-o

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

Lillipad

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #684 on: November 12, 2010, 10:15:26 pm »

In the eternal writings of Dave's brother, "where doing this man, where making this hapen."
Quote from: BaerTaffy
If Adele covered Aerosmith, that would be my life right now.

Rolan7

• Bay Watcher
  • [GUE'VESA][BONECARN]
    • View Profile
« Reply #685 on: November 12, 2010, 10:22:43 pm »

With that quote, the Lillipad-Denrhymed ticket has 100% of my vote.  Though I represented this by choosing Denrhymed because, you know, she's on my head.

(My actual cat has my lap pinned.  I don't dare move.  Send help.)
She/they
No justice: no peace.
Quote from: Fallen London, one Unthinkable Hope
This one didn't want to be who they was. On the Surface – it was a dull, unconsidered sadness. But everything changed. Which implied everything could change.

CoughDrop

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #686 on: November 12, 2010, 10:24:36 pm »

With that quote, the Lillipad-Denrhymed ticket has 100% of my vote.  Though I represented this by choosing Denrhymed because, you know, she's on my head.

(My actual cat has my lap pinned.  I don't dare move.  Send help.)

"911, what's your emergency?"

V-Norrec

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #687 on: November 12, 2010, 10:27:25 pm »

I voted for my childhood friend Lilast of course.  I have no desire to lead, only to make enough money to make my life and that of any offspring I may have comfortable.  Regale Lilast with with tales from yesterday as we leave on the caravan.  Use the whittling knife in the crafter's tool set to begin whittling on a stick I pick up off the side of the road.  Attempt to turn the stick into a small figurine of the Dragon, Hipobis Giltgold.  I think whittling would count as something you can do without a proper set up, right?

CoughDrop

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #688 on: November 12, 2010, 10:30:15 pm »

Talking to Norrec while toying with my knives: "You're WHAT turned into a WHAT?... That's quite... strange. Any idea how that happened?"

Nirur Torir

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #689 on: November 12, 2010, 10:36:01 pm »

Since we're on the caravan now, let's also talk about future defenses and fortress layouts.

Since we want to attract attention, we don't want our fortress to appear to be obviously impenetrable, even though it naturally will be. Thus, perhaps we should mix my plan with Litast's idea. The lift would have to go, as well as the stairs, but most everything else would remain relatively unchanged.

More towers though. At least two on each cliff.

A defense idea for our Fortress.

Spoiler (click to show/hide)
Spoiler (click to show/hide)
Pages: 1 ... 44 45 [46] 47 48 ... 249