A lot
- 1 (9.1%)
A ton
- 1 (9.1%)
All of it
- 3 (27.3%)

Total Members Voted: 11

Pages: 1 ... 41 42 [43] 44 45 ... 249

Author Topic: Cobalt Fortress: Days 48 onward: This is the spring of our discontent  (Read 142955 times)

Rolan7

• Bay Watcher
  • [GUE'VESA][BONECARN]
    • View Profile
Re: Dwarf Fortress: Cobalt Edition: Prologue: Orngim Trail
« Reply #630 on: November 12, 2010, 04:52:32 pm »

Rolan7
Just as you think your adventures are over, your crazy uncle appears!

"It's dangerous to go alone" he whispers.

Instead of a kitten, he gives you a Purring Maggot. Huh.

Yessss.
Now I just need to learn how to milk it, and I can keep it in my backpack as an emergency food source!  Or maybe on my belt?  Like an everful milk canteen.
Course, right now I'd probably just crush the poor thing.

Assuming my uncle has more than one line, ask him about the elven lands!  Should we expect them to visit our destination?  Anything I should know about them?  Did he bring me any manga?
She/they
No justice: no peace.
Quote from: Fallen London, one Unthinkable Hope
This one didn't want to be who they was. On the Surface – it was a dull, unconsidered sadness. But everything changed. Which implied everything could change.

IronyOwl

• Bay Watcher
  • Nope~
    • View Profile
« Reply #631 on: November 12, 2010, 04:53:15 pm »

Oh dear. Perhaps I should avoid the marketplace for a while.

Return to the wagons and play with puppies. See if I can teach them tricks.
Quote from: Radio Controlled (Discord)
A hand, a hand, my kingdom for a hot hand!
The kitchenette mold free, you move on to the pantry. it's nasty in there. The bacon is grazing on the lettuce. The ham is having an illicit affair with the prime rib, The potatoes see all, know all. A rat in boxer shorts smoking a foul smelling cigar is banging on a cabinet shouting about rent money.

V-Norrec

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #632 on: November 12, 2010, 04:54:33 pm »

oh fine, *pout*  Drop off my two beams of wood at the caravan.  Go see if I can't purchase a fine whittling knife with my 10☼ Then board the caravan and wait for everyone to catch up, or for adventure to find me, of course.

Ochita

• Bay Watcher
  • Doofus ghostus
    • View Profile
« Reply #633 on: November 12, 2010, 04:55:44 pm »

Get to the wagon. Converse with V
Quote from: Freeform
princest zaldo of hurl kindom: the mushroom aren't going to choice itself, ochita

CoughDrop

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #634 on: November 12, 2010, 04:56:00 pm »

Dig dig dig dig dig!  8)
"It's one thing to feel that you are on the right path, but it's another to think yours is the only path."

Shade-o

• Bay Watcher
  • It's my greatest creation yet!
    • View Profile
« Reply #635 on: November 12, 2010, 04:59:51 pm »

Rolan7
Your uncle regales you with tales of the forest daimyos, of the wood-clad samurai and their impossibly sharp katanas, wazakashis and kodachis.

They shouldn't be bothering you, as they are locked in a struggle with maddened treants pouring out of corrupted forests. There's also rumours of steel-clad elves with no tolerance for mischief, who are starting to emerge from underground cities, intent on helping their forest kin reclaim the world.

After some minor cute puppy shenanigans, the  assembled wait around for the rest of the caravan to appear.

Coughdrop, where's your shopping list?
Apparently having a redundant creature entry causes the game to say, "Oh, look, it's crazy world now. Nothing makes sense! Alligators live in houses!"

Nirur Torir

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #636 on: November 12, 2010, 05:04:09 pm »

Irony, will you make a set of carpenter's tools when we arrive? It lets me buy more food.

If so, I'll head down to the shops and trade the anvil in for:

Another bin of forged iron bars (160 left)
13 barrels of plump helmets (56 left)
And I'll walk past the cage of kittens, not trying to resist. (6 left in the group funds)

Rolan7

• Bay Watcher
  • [GUE'VESA][BONECARN]
    • View Profile
« Reply #637 on: November 12, 2010, 05:06:53 pm »

Enjoy every word of my uncle's stories, believing them completely.  Resolve to chop trees and tree-beings wherever I find them, for elvenkind.
She/they
No justice: no peace.
Quote from: Fallen London, one Unthinkable Hope
This one didn't want to be who they was. On the Surface – it was a dull, unconsidered sadness. But everything changed. Which implied everything could change.

V-Norrec

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #638 on: November 12, 2010, 05:08:01 pm »

We need something other than plump helmets, We have a lot of barrels of those already.  Get some mud worm paste or pit worm steaks.  WE MUST HAVE VARIETY IN OUR DIET :D

IronyOwl

• Bay Watcher
  • Nope~
    • View Profile
« Reply #639 on: November 12, 2010, 05:08:30 pm »

Certainly. I probably won't have much else to do besides dig once we get there anyway.
The kitchenette mold free, you move on to the pantry. it's nasty in there. The bacon is grazing on the lettuce. The ham is having an illicit affair with the prime rib, The potatoes see all, know all. A rat in boxer shorts smoking a foul smelling cigar is banging on a cabinet shouting about rent money.

Nirur Torir

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #640 on: November 12, 2010, 05:09:25 pm »

I absolutely refuse to eat mud worm paste, and we can't afford pit worm steaks. We'll get variety by eating surface plants and wild animals.

Samthere

• Bay Watcher
  • RRRRRAAAAAAOR! <3
    • View Profile
« Reply #641 on: November 12, 2010, 05:11:54 pm »

Gar: with the curse probably broken, and everything else wrapped up, it's time to do the one last thing I have to do before leaving... time to say goodbye to my parents and siblings, just a bunch of common folk with stern direction and way more advice to give than they could have possibly ever actually learned.

IronyOwl

• Bay Watcher
  • Nope~
    • View Profile
« Reply #642 on: November 12, 2010, 05:12:38 pm »

Why, what's wrong with it? I mean, I won't eat it because I'm pampered and soft, but you seem decently not-soft.

V-Norrec

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #643 on: November 12, 2010, 05:14:42 pm »

Yeah, nothing wrong with it, it just tastes bad.  It's like eating vegetables, you only do it because you know it's good for you.

Also, I'm still missing Blessed and Observant from my good traits.  I hope I meet Hipobis Giltgold on our trip :)
« Last Edit: November 12, 2010, 05:18:09 pm by V-Norrec »

CoughDrop

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #644 on: November 12, 2010, 05:14:52 pm »

Coughdrop, where's your shopping list?

Posting in a second
"It's one thing to feel that you are on the right path, but it's another to think yours is the only path."
Pages: 1 ... 41 42 [43] 44 45 ... 249