A lot
- 1 (9.1%)
A ton
- 1 (9.1%)
All of it
- 3 (27.3%)

Total Members Voted: 11

Pages: 1 ... 40 41 [42] 43 44 ... 249

Author Topic: Cobalt Fortress: Days 48 onward: This is the spring of our discontent  (Read 142962 times)

Nirur Torir

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: Dwarf Fortress: Cobalt Edition: Prologue: Orngim Trail
« Reply #615 on: November 12, 2010, 04:05:07 pm »

Gah, hadn't noticed, although I thought I had been paying better attention. I'll switch it out for something.

Is there an updated stockpile list? If not, I'll do that.

My initial thoughts on what I should get: carpenter's tools, and whatever seeds we don't already have. If we have a full set of seeds, I'll get my own kitten. Alternatively, I could just buy some more iron and coal, so we can make carpenter's tools.

Shade-o

• Bay Watcher
  • It's my greatest creation yet!
    • View Profile
« Reply #616 on: November 12, 2010, 04:07:10 pm »

I'm working on the full list

Ochita
You go and watch rocks being broken. It's not very instructional.
What did you do with the 150Db from the unicorn? With your extra cash you have 190 Db left.
Apparently having a redundant creature entry causes the game to say, "Oh, look, it's crazy world now. Nothing makes sense! Alligators live in houses!"

FuzzyZergling

• Bay Watcher
  • Zergin' erry day.
    • View Profile
« Reply #617 on: November 12, 2010, 04:08:39 pm »

I'm still in the office, correct?

Explain to him that the new limbs would be like the ones he had before, only made of metal.
Wouldn't it be great if he could wield two weapons again? Fingers! Imagine having all your fingers again!

Ochita

• Bay Watcher
  • Doofus ghostus
    • View Profile
« Reply #618 on: November 12, 2010, 04:10:02 pm »

I don't really know. I thought that I could somehow keep it and use it when we trade at the fortress but... If not I will pool it into the central fund.
Quote from: Freeform
princest zaldo of hurl kindom: the mushroom aren't going to choice itself, ochita

Shade-o

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #619 on: November 12, 2010, 04:10:45 pm »

FuzzyZergling
He demonstrates how he can hold a sword in his other hand, and you have to duck to avoid being decapitated.

He likes you, though, and personally attaches you to the Iron Cliffs expedition to ensure its success. You'll be reporting to him.
Apparently having a redundant creature entry causes the game to say, "Oh, look, it's crazy world now. Nothing makes sense! Alligators live in houses!"

Lillipad

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #620 on: November 12, 2010, 04:11:29 pm »

I'll stroke my beard in a hard-boiled manner, then inform the recruits of my departure. Until we have to embark I'll go to the local bowyer to learn a bit of crossbow repair. I'll be stroking my beard in a hard-boiled thinking manner as I start dabbling in the Bowyer skill, obviously.
Quote from: BaerTaffy
If Adele covered Aerosmith, that would be my life right now.

Samthere

• Bay Watcher
  • RRRRRAAAAAAOR! <3
    • View Profile
« Reply #621 on: November 12, 2010, 04:11:36 pm »

Gar: takes a copper bar to the forge and makes the "Elf" game face to the forgemaster; they've known each other a while. He'll bang out a nifty copper bell and smack pad for the carnie.

Ochita

• Bay Watcher
  • Doofus ghostus
    • View Profile
« Reply #622 on: November 12, 2010, 04:13:54 pm »

I guess I'll go to the stonecrafting area and ask for a chance to make something from stone. Then, using my mechanics skill I make a small cog with a hole in. I then attach that to some string to make a pendant.
Quote from: Freeform
princest zaldo of hurl kindom: the mushroom aren't going to choice itself, ochita

FuzzyZergling

• Bay Watcher
  • Zergin' erry day.
    • View Profile
« Reply #623 on: November 12, 2010, 04:16:43 pm »

I head down to the farms.
Maybe I can harvest a few helmets before the embark.

V-Norrec

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #624 on: November 12, 2010, 04:29:08 pm »

You forgot to update my good traits and my skills.

Praise Hipobis Giltgold for this great bounty he has bestowed on me and also raising my dead relative.  I'll keep the bars for trading for supplies later and place them in my backpack.  I'll head down to the carpenter's workshop and see if I can't learn a thing or two from watching.  If it looks like they need assistance, offer to assist for nothing more than a few beams of straight wood.
« Last Edit: November 12, 2010, 04:36:42 pm by V-Norrec »

CoughDrop

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #625 on: November 12, 2010, 04:35:40 pm »

Consider learning how to mine. Perhaps I could take a quick class before we leave?
"It's one thing to feel that you are on the right path, but it's another to think yours is the only path."

IronyOwl

• Bay Watcher
  • Nope~
    • View Profile
« Reply #626 on: November 12, 2010, 04:38:47 pm »

Since we're still missing half our members, head down to the marketplace, find a merchant, and attempt to discuss the finer points of trading, flux in supply and demand, material and skill considerations, and other such immaterial but vital aspects of commerce- and by extension, becoming and staying wealthy.
Quote from: Radio Controlled (Discord)
A hand, a hand, my kingdom for a hot hand!
The kitchenette mold free, you move on to the pantry. it's nasty in there. The bacon is grazing on the lettuce. The ham is having an illicit affair with the prime rib, The potatoes see all, know all. A rat in boxer shorts smoking a foul smelling cigar is banging on a cabinet shouting about rent money.

Shade-o

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #627 on: November 12, 2010, 04:41:03 pm »

I can't find CoughDrop's shopping list. This is everyone's total goods and spare change, not including Nirur's floating 200Db anvil.

Also note that you have 30 Barrels of food. Assuming three meals a day, that's one month of supplies. Herbalism, hunting and the animals you bring can stretch it out, but that's not a good sign.

Spoiler (click to show/hide)

FuzzyZergling
Hoping to get some harvest in before handing the plot off, you pick all the mushrooms that seem edible. You get just enough to fill a Barrel.

Ochita
While nobody is looking you steal a rock and a chisel. You carve out a cog, and some string makes a necklace. It's roughly on par with what the kobolds produce. You're not sure if they would steal it.

Samthere
You take one of your copper bars (fortunately it will get replaced, those attendants are so unaware) and take it to the forges. The master smith has no choice but to aid you in breaking your curse, and soon a bright copper bell and mechanism is in your hands.

You take it back to the carnie, and he's about to induce some horrible symptoms on you when he sees the package. He takes it without comment, but you're sure that you just broke your curse.

Lillipad
You shed a tear and say goodbye to the recruits. Though you only knew them for one day, they have grown immeasurably under your influence. They managed to avoid all the blame, as you were in command. They have a bright future ahead of them.

You spend the rest of your time experimenting with crossbow designs, and you think that you learned something.

Norrec
You try to get involved with the carpenters, but they're smart enough to know trouble when they see it. They drive you off wielding detached buzz saws.

CoughDrop
You sneak into the mines and nobody challenges you. You live, you love, and you learn, but mostly you mine.

IronyOwl
You get involved in a smuggling ring somehow. You make it out alive, with a fresh insight into the underworld.
« Last Edit: November 12, 2010, 08:30:38 pm by Shade-o »

V-Norrec

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #628 on: November 12, 2010, 04:44:40 pm »

... How rude.  Approach the carpenter's workshop again, this time explaining I wish only to watch and learn before departing to on the new expedition, as we are in need of a carpenter who can make barrels and bins and all assortment of furniture for us.  Also offer to assist them in whatever way I can for free.

Shade-o

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #629 on: November 12, 2010, 04:50:37 pm »

Norrec
They don't let you use any large tools, but you get some lumber and nails. You hammer together a few chairs and tables, and they don't seem too hostile. You get kicked out dragging two beams of wood.
No more skill bonuses or items for you.
Pages: 1 ... 40 41 [42] 43 44 ... 249