A lot
- 1 (9.1%)
A ton
- 1 (9.1%)
All of it
- 3 (27.3%)

Total Members Voted: 11

Pages: 1 ... 39 40 [41] 42 43 ... 249

Author Topic: Cobalt Fortress: Days 48 onward: This is the spring of our discontent  (Read 142854 times)

CoughDrop

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: Dwarf Fortress: Cobalt Edition: Prologue: Orngim Trail
« Reply #600 on: November 12, 2010, 01:15:34 pm »

We may want a few pickaxes for us to use (even though only one of us has any skill at all with mining) so that we can get a few miners started. For example, Litast isn't going to be able to do much with her merchant and jeweling at the moment so I'll probably just have her start chipping away at rock to start with. Possibly get shovels as well?
"It's one thing to feel that you are on the right path, but it's another to think yours is the only path."

IronyOwl

• Bay Watcher
  • Nope~
    • View Profile
« Reply #601 on: November 12, 2010, 01:18:09 pm »

Yeah, that might be wise. We could also just set up shop quickly and forge picks/shovels when we get there.
Quote from: Radio Controlled (Discord)
A hand, a hand, my kingdom for a hot hand!
The kitchenette mold free, you move on to the pantry. it's nasty in there. The bacon is grazing on the lettuce. The ham is having an illicit affair with the prime rib, The potatoes see all, know all. A rat in boxer shorts smoking a foul smelling cigar is banging on a cabinet shouting about rent money.

V-Norrec

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #602 on: November 12, 2010, 01:22:24 pm »

Lilast has 5 pick axes, we should be able to borrow those, hopefully they don't break.  Yeah, Food to last us until we get everything set up and seeds to help us get through the winter are probably the most important.

CoughDrop

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #603 on: November 12, 2010, 01:30:53 pm »

Lilast has 5 pick axes

o_0 she does? I haven't bought anything yet...
"It's one thing to feel that you are on the right path, but it's another to think yours is the only path."

Lillipad

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #604 on: November 12, 2010, 02:06:38 pm »

What does Noirish do?

Quote from: BaerTaffy
If Adele covered Aerosmith, that would be my life right now.

Samthere

• Bay Watcher
  • RRRRRAAAAAAOR! <3
    • View Profile
« Reply #605 on: November 12, 2010, 02:13:17 pm »

Gar's Character Template (with shopping)

Spoiler: Seen this before (click to show/hide)

Free Items: 1 Forge Toolkit (+1), 1 awesome Drinky Spider Fight medallion, certificate and commemorative ale-stained bag, bag of metalwork designs, 1 steel dagger (+1), 1 anvil, 3 barrels preserved cave crab (60), 3 barrels pure alcohol (60)

Bought Items:

Gar starts by heading to the stables, looking for a friend he can rely on for company the whole journey. He spends a while playing with the puppies, before picking out the one that seems most responsive to his games and commands.
On the way out, his eye is caught by a writhing mass of delicious cheese-paste. He reaches his hand in, plucks out a maggot, gives it a quick such and tucks it in a pouch, paying the shopkeeper.

☼50 Puppy (☼550)
☼80 Purring Maggot (☼470)

He then heads to the stockpile, one of his favourite shopping locations. He's dealt with the forgemaster lots of times, and always brings a mug of ale to share to lighten to the mood.

☼30 Copper Bars x5 [Bin] (☼440)
☼40 Forged Iron Bars x5 [Bin] (☼400)
☼50 Silver Bars x5 [Bin] (☼350)
☼30 Coal x15 [3 Bins] (☼320)
☼5 Block of Granite (☼315)

Next stop is the storeroom; vittles will be needed! With the amount of pure alcohol he's got in mind, Gar buys mixers (20x pure alc, 20x mixer booze and 40x water should make a good strong 80x mixed booze), as well as some extra water and eats.

☼16 Plump Helmets x40 [2 Barrels] (☼299)
☼24 Water x120 [6 Barrels] (☼275)
☼20 Dwarven Beer x40 [2 Barrels] (☼255)
☼10 Dwarven Wine x20 [1 Barrel] (☼245)
☼15 Dwarven Rum x20 [1 Barrel] (☼230)

Logistics, next! Gar loads up his arms with bits and bobs. "Never know when it might be useful!"

☼50 Metal Fittings x20 [Bin] (☼180)
☼10 Lantern (☼170)
☼15 Oil x4 [Vial] (☼155)
☼10 Bandages x5 [Bag] (☼145)
☼50 Soap x20 [Bag] (☼95)
☼15 Waterskin (☼80)
☼50 Backpack (☼30)

The final stop is the armoury. Not usually coming here, Gar gives the arsenaldwarf a good stare when he firsts arrives, then shrugs and picks out the item he came for, that no dwarf on an expedition is complete without.

☼30 Pickaxe (☼0)

With all his gear on its way to the expedition depot, Gar feels mighty fine. He'll get to the carnie bell stuff I mentioned before, if there's time to do so before embarking.

Also, before leaving, he'll take the time to bid farewell to his old mentor and to Ertal (roleplaying this if it doesn't draw it out too long).

OOC: What does the Heroic trait do? And will Connected be useful after embarking (i.e. securing better deals/needed items from trade caravans)?
« Last Edit: November 12, 2010, 02:16:33 pm by Samthere »

Rolan7

• Bay Watcher
  • [GUE'VESA][BONECARN]
    • View Profile
« Reply #606 on: November 12, 2010, 02:46:25 pm »

I like how some of the most physical of us suck at sports.

Text message conversation with my brother:
Me:   In a Dwarf Fortress forum RPG.  I bought barrel of rum.  This guy got a barrel of straight alcohol and one of water to mix.  Gonna die?
Him: nope, he's a dwarf, they piss straight alcohol
 Me: Just don't pee in the magma vent.  Got it.
She/they
No justice: no peace.
Quote from: Fallen London, one Unthinkable Hope
This one didn't want to be who they was. On the Surface – it was a dull, unconsidered sadness. But everything changed. Which implied everything could change.

Ochita

• Bay Watcher
  • Doofus ghostus
    • View Profile
« Reply #607 on: November 12, 2010, 02:49:31 pm »

Note to self, make dwarfen piss room as trap...
Quote from: Freeform
princest zaldo of hurl kindom: the mushroom aren't going to choice itself, ochita

Shade-o

• Bay Watcher
  • It's my greatest creation yet!
    • View Profile
« Reply #608 on: November 12, 2010, 03:40:04 pm »

Oilbrushes should grow fine in later spring through to autumn before it begins to really snow. That's just enough time for one growing season.

Norrec
Guided by a strange feeling, you head to the necropolis, where all the dwarves in the city are interred. While some get tombs, many just get piled into alcoves, especially the poor. Your great-uncle was a well-to-do merchant, at least until his unfortunate run-in with the mob.

You enter his tomb and find that his sarcophagus has been shattered. Looking around, you discover a note.
NORREC
YOU BROUGHT ME BACK. I'M GOING OUT TO LIVE LIFE TO THE FULLEST, BUT I DON'T NEED MY TREASURE ANY MORE. IT'S UNDER THE SARCOPHAGUS

With some heaving you manage to shift it, revealing a hollow. In it are two solid gold bars. You can just carry them.

Lillipad
Your noirish tendencies make you less rational and possibly slip into black and white flashbacks.

Samthere
You once again meet Ertal, who sent you the barrels of supplies. He's extremely grateful for your assistance in returning the Romantic Executioner, and he's on good terms with the Duke as well.

Your old mentor is glad to see you go.
Your actions under incredible stress and willingness to help others has shown you as heroic. You will perform better when danger is imminent and innocents are threatened.
Your assistance of two nobles has given you connections in high places. When caravans return, messages carried from you might be able to call in favours.
The plans you obtained have raised your metalcrafter and metalsmith skills to Novice.
The medallion and certificate will become a trait, so you won't lose them.

Ochita
You're tempted to tell your story, but you have the feeling that you shouldn't do it here.

Rolan7
Just as you think your adventures are over, your crazy uncle appears!

"It's dangerous to go alone" he whispers.

Instead of a kitten, he gives you a Purring Maggot. Huh.
« Last Edit: November 12, 2010, 03:44:12 pm by Shade-o »
Apparently having a redundant creature entry causes the game to say, "Oh, look, it's crazy world now. Nothing makes sense! Alligators live in houses!"

Ochita

• Bay Watcher
  • Doofus ghostus
    • View Profile
« Reply #609 on: November 12, 2010, 03:43:51 pm »

Go to the pet store owner. Ask how is he doing.
princest zaldo of hurl kindom: the mushroom aren't going to choice itself, ochita

Shade-o

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #610 on: November 12, 2010, 03:46:57 pm »

Ochita
You limp over to the stables, which look somewhat emptier. The stablemaster looks much happier, too. He has no idea where the unicorn is now, but his luck has returned.
Apparently having a redundant creature entry causes the game to say, "Oh, look, it's crazy world now. Nothing makes sense! Alligators live in houses!"

Lillipad

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #611 on: November 12, 2010, 03:47:37 pm »

I'll stroke my beard in a hard-boiled manner, then inform the recruits of my departure. Until we have to embark I'll go to the local bowyer to learn a bit of crossbow repair. I'll be stroking my beard in a hard-boiled thinking manner as I start dabbling in the Bowyer skill, obviously.
Quote from: BaerTaffy
If Adele covered Aerosmith, that would be my life right now.

Nirur Torir

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #612 on: November 12, 2010, 03:56:18 pm »

I wake up, make sure my plans haven't been stolen or tampered with, then return to the caravan. It was just a glass window, nothing major. I'm sure I'll be fine.

Shade-o

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #613 on: November 12, 2010, 03:57:25 pm »

Nirur
You've got an anvil bought, but Samthere got one from Duke von Nuremburger. Do you want to swap it for more food/drink, or use it for a cartoonish trap?

Ochita

• Bay Watcher
  • Doofus ghostus
    • View Profile
« Reply #614 on: November 12, 2010, 04:02:53 pm »

Go over to the masonry area and watch work, try to gain insight on how to do masonry.
Pages: 1 ... 39 40 [41] 42 43 ... 249