A lot
- 1 (9.1%)
A ton
- 1 (9.1%)
All of it
- 3 (27.3%)

Total Members Voted: 11

Pages: 1 ... 33 34 [35] 36 37 ... 249

Author Topic: Cobalt Fortress: Days 48 onward: This is the spring of our discontent  (Read 142927 times)

CoughDrop

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: Dwarf Fortress: Cobalt Edition: Prologue: Orngim Trail
« Reply #510 on: November 11, 2010, 11:37:06 pm »

*sigh* Let's go see what trouble we can stir up at the inn... I need some rum.
"It's one thing to feel that you are on the right path, but it's another to think yours is the only path."

FuzzyZergling

• Bay Watcher
  • Zergin' erry day.
    • View Profile
« Reply #511 on: November 11, 2010, 11:37:58 pm »

Speak to the officer, I'm sure he'll be helpful.

Lillipad

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #512 on: November 11, 2010, 11:39:19 pm »

Take no chances. Commandeer the things on the shelf, take a swig from my own alcohol filled Waterskins to avoid temptation, and tell Norrec to set up her trap things before anything manages to escape. While Norrec sets a trap in the hall leading to the barracks, and at the middle of the main stairs have Nik help me assassinate the guards at the entrance for ease of escape.
Don't set off the trap on the stairs until we're all present and accounted for.
Quote from: BaerTaffy
If Adele covered Aerosmith, that would be my life right now.

Shade-o

• Bay Watcher
  • It's my greatest creation yet!
    • View Profile
« Reply #513 on: November 11, 2010, 11:47:19 pm »

FuzzyZergling
You approach the officer, who looks at you grimly. Perhaps that's his only expression. You explain your mission, and he looks at you grimly while thinking, his face a grim mask. He finally hands you a slip of paper that lets you enter the bastion, and directs you to look for Major Bladehand on the second floor, grimly. You manage to get past the guardians, and soon you're inside the huge halls of the warrior kings.

Coughdrop
Looking for something to do, you punch a random stranger at the bar. Soon, a full scale brawl has erupted and you're sitting back contently while sipping rum. Within a few minutes it has spilled into the streets. Do you get kicks from causing destruction?

Lillipad
There are no stairs that you are aware of. As far as you know, the mansion is on one level. As anyone can dig down (and gather groundwater), only the rich can afford to own a spread-out, street level block.

Also, Norrec, your character avatar is Kristen Stewart. I hope that's OK. If anyone knows a celebrity that they think their character resembles, call out.
Apparently having a redundant creature entry causes the game to say, "Oh, look, it's crazy world now. Nothing makes sense! Alligators live in houses!"

V-Norrec

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #514 on: November 11, 2010, 11:48:46 pm »

Grab everything, slip signet ring into my own personal pocket, nobody will miss one little ring that can be used to forge a letter of credit.  Before setting up anything take a quick look in the cabinet.  If there is anything that looks valuable, or a like a log book recording trade and business dealings, or any other evidence-y kind of stuff take it and quickly stuff it into one of the two bags I brought with me.  Then have the recruits help me drag the wooden furniture and tapestries anything flammable nearby over to the entrance of the vault.  If we set those on fire they should either cook to death or die in the fire trying to escape.  Light it on fire using one of my lantern bombs.

Then take all the barrels of alcohol I can find from the store room and place them in front of the doors to the barracks.  Tap them so some alcohol begins to leak through into the barracks.  If anyone tries to open the door, throw the lantern bomb, if not, wait a minute, back up and prepare to dash out then throw the lantern bomb.

:D  Oh yeah, admit it Lilli, BEST PLAN EVAR!  Do I get the Urist MacGyver trait now?
« Last Edit: November 11, 2010, 11:51:30 pm by V-Norrec »

Nirur Torir

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #515 on: November 11, 2010, 11:50:40 pm »

I avoid the brawl. It just wouldn't do to get all punched up shortly before leaving.

CoughDrop

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #516 on: November 11, 2010, 11:52:55 pm »

Hell yeah! Being a Dwarf misanthrope, this is quite entertaining. Ask the bartender if he might know a way I could make a quick buck, despite being able to craft jewels. Litast lives for adventure.
"It's one thing to feel that you are on the right path, but it's another to think yours is the only path."

Lillipad

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #517 on: November 11, 2010, 11:53:55 pm »

I doubt any celebrity matches my dwarf.

The traps shall be placed by the closest exits to the barracks and vault then. Let Norrec stay in charge of that job. Continue the assassination plan with Nik.

Norrec: My revised plan is eerily similar to yours Norrec.

FuzzyZergling

• Bay Watcher
  • Zergin' erry day.
    • View Profile
« Reply #518 on: November 11, 2010, 11:54:47 pm »

This Major Bladehand seems like he could be a reasonable fellow, but still best to knock before entering.

Samthere

• Bay Watcher
  • RRRRRAAAAAAOR! <3
    • View Profile
« Reply #519 on: November 11, 2010, 11:55:34 pm »

Gar: arranges tools from the toolkit to try to provide a kind of chisel-lever for the guard to smash against the hinges. First, though, if the locking panel can be opened so a key could be used from inside, and the guards or the Duke have the key, work on opening that up.
« Last Edit: November 12, 2010, 12:28:23 am by Samthere »

Lillipad

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #521 on: November 12, 2010, 12:06:19 am »

Add a beard and crossbow, and I guess it's a decent comparison...

V-Norrec

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #522 on: November 12, 2010, 12:07:42 am »

I'm shaving you while you sleep, just so we can use Bogart as your image :P

Rolan7

• Bay Watcher
  • [GUE'VESA][BONECARN]
    • View Profile
« Reply #523 on: November 12, 2010, 12:17:58 am »

As I need to sleep now...

Unsteadily back away from the violent scene, remembering that we haven't left yet, and thus I'll be sleeping in my bed.  I do so.
Barracks or tiny personal room, I'll leave to you.
She/they
No justice: no peace.
Quote from: Fallen London, one Unthinkable Hope
This one didn't want to be who they was. On the Surface – it was a dull, unconsidered sadness. But everything changed. Which implied everything could change.

Shade-o

• Bay Watcher
  • It's my greatest creation yet!
    • View Profile
« Reply #524 on: November 12, 2010, 12:31:50 am »

V-Norrec (and Lillipad)
After pocketing all the documents and signet, you set your plan in motion. Knowing that the biggest threat to your safety is the legion of guards currently unaware in the barracks, you organise Mikhail, Cog and Kas to help. Nik is still searching the bedroom.

From the storeroom you carry barrels of the hardest liquor you can find, and carefully stack them up against the door to the barracks. Even if they tried to get out, it would still be barricaded. You find a barrel of pure alcohol and set it nearby.

You return to the office and empty the rest of the drawers, shelves and cabinet onto the carpet, and pile them up against the vault door. You throw a few tapestries on for good measure. Some pure alcohol on top and it's a good fireplace. As Mikhail strikes tinder to light it, you run back down to the barracks and break the pure alcohol open, aiming it at the door. it begins to spill under the door. Murder is the best solution. Who needs prisoners?
Are you using the flour at all?

Nirur Torir
You avoid the sudden brawl by hiding under a table. Then the table gets taken and used as a weapon. You try to escape, but you get spotted by a fighter and drawn into the riot. You end up being thrown through a plate glass window, landing in the streets outside
You rolled a 1.

Coughdrop
You cackle at the chaos. Are you chaotic neutral or evil? Who cares, both are fun! You try to make it over to where you think the bartender is hiding, but you get grabbed and thrown around. Eventually you get hurtled over the bar, and come to a stop next to him. From your upside-down position you ask if he has any quests, but all he's got is some rats in the cellar.

FuzzyZergling
You find his office without any trouble, and duck as a throwing knife whistles overhead. You did knock.

He's a grizzled commander, with a namesake blade-thing that has replaced his entire right arm. His left leg is one giant peg. He demands to know why he shouldn't gut you like a pig and use your hide for making codpieces.

Samthere
From the inside, you can hear furniture being moved. You have a gut feeling, but it's confirmed by the smell of smoke. Fortunately the door is nearly airtight, but the breathable air is still being sucked out at a rate that will leave you dead eventually. The temperature will also soon reach an intolerable level.

Pulling the brawny guard away, you re-examine the hinges. They are dented and scratched, and several flakes have been chipped off. They are nowhere near failing, though. You identify the stresses and fractures, and mark them with a bit of chalk. You carefully place a chisel against the biggest fracture you can find, and drive it in somewhat with the aid of brawn. You get your helper to begin smasing the chisel in as hard as he can, hoping to split the hinge.

Rolan7
You see the bizarre scene, and decide that you can sleep somewhere else. You stumble home and fall asleep after tripping over a chair.

Apparently having a redundant creature entry causes the game to say, "Oh, look, it's crazy world now. Nothing makes sense! Alligators live in houses!"
Pages: 1 ... 33 34 [35] 36 37 ... 249