A lot
- 1 (9.1%)
A ton
- 1 (9.1%)
All of it
- 3 (27.3%)

Total Members Voted: 11

Pages: 1 ... 24 25 [26] 27 28 ... 249

Author Topic: Cobalt Fortress: Days 48 onward: This is the spring of our discontent  (Read 143184 times)

Ochita

• Bay Watcher
  • Doofus ghostus
    • View Profile
Re: Dwarf Fortress: Cobalt Edition: Prologue: Orngim Trail
« Reply #375 on: November 11, 2010, 02:53:27 am »

I'm the only Goddamn (Ha! Not cursed!) farmer here aswell as an artist.

Check where the sound is coming from and if its in the woman touch her. "The rumors seem to indicate that... This store is the base of smuggling! Tell me the truth here!"
Quote from: Freeform
princest zaldo of hurl kindom: the mushroom aren't going to choice itself, ochita

IronyOwl

• Bay Watcher
  • Nope~
    • View Profile
« Reply #376 on: November 11, 2010, 02:54:21 am »

Play with puppies to cheer self up. Then head to the forges to admire their work.
Quote from: Radio Controlled (Discord)
A hand, a hand, my kingdom for a hot hand!
The kitchenette mold free, you move on to the pantry. it's nasty in there. The bacon is grazing on the lettuce. The ham is having an illicit affair with the prime rib, The potatoes see all, know all. A rat in boxer shorts smoking a foul smelling cigar is banging on a cabinet shouting about rent money.

Shade-o

• Bay Watcher
  • It's my greatest creation yet!
    • View Profile
« Reply #377 on: November 11, 2010, 03:04:23 am »

Ochita
You strain to hear any unusual noises, but there's nothing.

"The rumors seem to indicate that... This store is the base of smuggling! Tell me the truth here!" you cry, almost giving into frustration, but keeping a cool, level head.

"I regret to inform you that if you continue this behaviour I will be forced to request you to leave."
click
There it goes again... On impulse you grab her arm, but she pulls back and gives you a dirty look.

You can definitely feel a faint touch of magic nearby, though.

IronyOwl
You play with the puppies, having many cute shenanigans. Unlike that with a kitten, puppy shenanigans are harmless as they are fundamentally good, not evil.

You head up to the forges, and admire their work.

"Admirable!" you exclaim.

"Thank you, m'lady" a smith responds.
« Last Edit: November 11, 2010, 06:08:50 am by Shade-o »
Apparently having a redundant creature entry causes the game to say, "Oh, look, it's crazy world now. Nothing makes sense! Alligators live in houses!"

V-Norrec

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #378 on: November 11, 2010, 03:06:19 am »

Ochita, you're going to get yourself a crossbow bolt right in the chest. 

Get the ring back, I'm not letting that thing go, ever again!  Then head out.  Tell the group to split up and try to talk to some members of the servants that work at Rigoth von Nuremburger's estate.  Hopefully they might be able to tell us about a secret entrance... or a hidden stash that I we can liberate.

IronyOwl

• Bay Watcher
  • Nope~
    • View Profile
« Reply #379 on: November 11, 2010, 03:09:02 am »

Challenge a metalcrafter to a friendly smith-off.

Afterwards, ask a different sort of smith for pointers (or to let me try) smithing larger objects.
The kitchenette mold free, you move on to the pantry. it's nasty in there. The bacon is grazing on the lettuce. The ham is having an illicit affair with the prime rib, The potatoes see all, know all. A rat in boxer shorts smoking a foul smelling cigar is banging on a cabinet shouting about rent money.

Shade-o

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #380 on: November 11, 2010, 03:17:32 am »

V-Norrec
You hurry back into his office and grab the ring. That would have been embarrassing. Mikhail agrees to investigate separate sources, as you might not have much time. You, Kas and Cog head for a tavern frequented by his servants, while Mikhail and Nik go to a public warehouse that handles some of his trade.

You find the tavern, a well-appointed place in the wealthy district specifically built to service the servants. There are many clean-clothed but downtrodden workers here, and some glance up with interest to see three soldiers. You'll have to find a source without getting further attention, or there could be trouble.

IronyOwl
You might be a skilled metalcrafter, but can you stand the heat? Of the forge?

You challenge a smith to a smith-off, but he's kinda busy. He is willing to face you if can first defeat him in... Dwarf Elf Goblin!

Dwarf = Rock
Elf = Paper
Goblin = Scissors

What do you do?
Apparently having a redundant creature entry causes the game to say, "Oh, look, it's crazy world now. Nothing makes sense! Alligators live in houses!"

IronyOwl

• Bay Watcher
  • Nope~
    • View Profile
« Reply #381 on: November 11, 2010, 03:20:54 am »

Accept challenge, use...

Goblin!

EDIT: If it's a tie, use Dwarf, then repeat Goblin until it ends.
« Last Edit: November 11, 2010, 03:23:29 am by IronyOwl »

V-Norrec

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #382 on: November 11, 2010, 03:47:27 am »

Whisper to the two soldiers, "Don't do anything loud in here, looks like they already don't like us."  With that I head on up to the bar.  "I'll take a beer, and some Mud Worm Paste," I say I don't want to look like I don't belong after all, besides, I grew up dirt poor, Mud Worm Paste beats not eating any day.  I probably don't actually have the money to pay for it but I hope to be gone by the time he remembers to collect it.  I start chatting with some of the locals, in particular, if anybody is playing cards, I join them in order to hear the local gossip while remaining inconspicuous.
« Last Edit: November 11, 2010, 03:52:15 am by V-Norrec »

Shade-o

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #383 on: November 11, 2010, 05:02:58 am »

IronyOwl
The smith uses Dwarf! What else would a dwarf use? So predictable...

Alas, he goes back to work.

V-Norrec
You maintain a casual air, and you don't think anyone has left immediately on your account. Hopefully everybody thinks that you're just soldiers on patrol and not looking for some trouble. While Kas and Cog nurse drinks at the bar, you find a card game and watch for a little, then join in when you can. None of them work for von Nuremburger, but you learn a lot about their problems with their own masters. You manage to steer the conversation a little, and they refer you to a maid at another table.

Samthere

• Bay Watcher
  • RRRRRAAAAAAOR! <3
    • View Profile
« Reply #384 on: November 11, 2010, 08:35:47 am »

Gar: nods, "Artifacts are amongst my greatest interests; you've called for the right dwarf."

V-Norrec

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #385 on: November 11, 2010, 10:40:30 am »

Thank the gentlemen/ladies at the table for the card game and head towards Kas and Cog.  Order some Mud Worm Paste and a beer.  Have Kas go talk to the maid, she's been a woman longer than me and probably knows the kind of things that females like to talk about.  Eat the Mud Worm Paste then chug the beer, it's the only way to make the taste go away.  Keep a close eye on Kas in case she needs any assistance.

Ochita

• Bay Watcher
  • Doofus ghostus
    • View Profile
« Reply #386 on: November 11, 2010, 10:45:18 am »

Ask, is it natural for magic to be used here? Because I feel something. I then go to where I feel it coming from.
Quote from: Freeform
princest zaldo of hurl kindom: the mushroom aren't going to choice itself, ochita

FuzzyZergling

• Bay Watcher
  • Zergin' erry day.
    • View Profile
« Reply #387 on: November 11, 2010, 11:24:19 am »

YOU ARE HERO. GOOD WORK.
Yay!
So, do I get a plaque, medal, phat l00t?
After all this intense surgery, I think I need a bit of a break.
Take a leisurely stroll back to the smithing area.

CoughDrop

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #388 on: November 11, 2010, 12:29:08 pm »

As being the merchant, do you think we should pool our initial money together to see how much we have to spend on essentials? I'll start cranking a lot of the math if I can get the numbers of how much each person still has of their 600DB.

Head to the UnderClerk to ask how our starting supplies are holding up.

Edit: I will figure how much money we need on essentials and then take an equal amount from each dwarf's share to pay for it. I think this will help a lot with keeping us from seriously effing things up financially.
« Last Edit: November 11, 2010, 12:31:19 pm by CoughDrop »
"It's one thing to feel that you are on the right path, but it's another to think yours is the only path."

IronyOwl

• Bay Watcher
  • Nope~
    • View Profile
« Reply #389 on: November 11, 2010, 12:30:49 pm »

Curses. Perhaps I should have thought that through more.

See if there's any glassworks around here.
Pages: 1 ... 24 25 [26] 27 28 ... 249