A lot
- 1 (9.1%)
A ton
- 1 (9.1%)
All of it
- 3 (27.3%)

Total Members Voted: 11

Pages: 1 ... 244 245 [246] 247 248 249

Author Topic: Cobalt Fortress: Days 48 onward: This is the spring of our discontent  (Read 142495 times)

CoughDrop

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: Cobalt Fortress: Days 48 onward: This is the spring of our discontent
« Reply #3675 on: January 31, 2011, 06:46:25 pm »

Nylona says, "I move for a mistrial. Let's just confiscate some property and put this behind us."

"I could not agree more. Let's move on."

Edit: Also, we're expecting an inch of ice here, so if you don't hear from me...
« Last Edit: January 31, 2011, 07:12:15 pm by CoughDrop »
"It's one thing to feel that you are on the right path, but it's another to think yours is the only path."

V-Norrec

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #3676 on: January 31, 2011, 07:34:18 pm »

i didnt use all the metal fittings, I said it before I'll say it again, I didnt use up the metal fittings. kogan should be praised for fixing the golem not I, remember who saved norrecs life?protip: it was the golem and I. my words and examples seems to pass through your mind like water, if i yell it louder and more repeatedly maybe that is the only way to reason with the less thoroughly educated. I also agree with you on the needs of the many, that is why i have been working in the best interests of the fortress, we all have a part to play. I have used mikhails sword, i have battled the kobolds already in the armour, i have offered up my craft goods, i have multiplied our food reserves, i have contributed greatly to our digging rate, and have added to our fortresses martial prowess, even the entirety of my spare money went towards buying chickens for our long term survival, ALL OF IT I HAD LEFT went to as many chickens i could get. What have i asked for in return? my share of the booze and a bed? thats all i can recall off the top of my head. I am not the one throwing accusations around, i am the victim here. Have i attempted revenge? have i called norrec a paranoid deluded ignoramus? have i called him on his lies? have i pointed out his OATH-BREAKING? his assertions and false conclusions and testimonies are all on the record. if i were a vengefull man I'd make a point before the court that oath breaking is a capital offence. i am the picture of patience and long-suffering.

Once again, it's not the damn golem on trial, it's you!  I doubt you could prosecute a golem anyhow since they only do what they are told.  YOUR actions show you have complete disrespect for others and thier belongings.  "Yes, I only took and trained a dog for the betterment of the community, not at all because I might want a dog for myself."  You never asked anyone to borrow a dog, you never returned the dog.  Gar had to take it back for you himself when he noticed one of his pups was missing.  Also, you never took the oath to Ekast, so you could very well be lying through your teeth and nobody would be the wiser.  Also, I would hardly call your work "multiplying our food reserves" as cooking, in general, provides no net benefit other than to happiness.  As for your work towards mining, since we must constantly browbeat you into working for the good of the whole rather than the good of yourself, I don't think you can, in good faith, say that you acted willingly to "contribute greatly to our digging rate."

Also, you notice at no point that I had to resort to name-calling and that I'm the only one here that has produced a shred of material evidence.  Really, that proves beyond a shadow of a doubt, that you are the one with guilt on his conscience, and that I am working only for what I believe is right."

dragonshardz

• Bay Watcher
  • [ETHIC:PONY:ACCEPTABLE]
    • View Profile
    • Steam Profile
« Reply #3677 on: January 31, 2011, 09:04:08 pm »

TRIAL CONCLUDED

Judges Litast, Shem and Nylona make your judgements on the issue of Sandow's Thievery case.

"I fin' Sandow guilty of all theft an' attempted theft. I dinnae agree with Litast in tha' 'it may be a case of misunderstanding ownership.' I dae fin' Sandow guilty of malicious intent, and I am of th' opinion that Sandow should forfeit all 'is belongings, save tha' which he can prove tae be on 'is person from the time 'e left th' Mountainhome. All other goods in 'is possession will become community property."

[[Okay, seriously, Hastur, stop being an asshat. We've had to browbeat you to get you to follow any sort of plan that the player group has decided upon as a group, and all the other points Norrec has brought up. Also, seriously, stop with the fucking colored text, it's nigh-impossible to read. I'd also recommend improving your spelling and grammar, until you do so you are unlikely to be taken seriously.]]

Rolan7

• Bay Watcher
  • [GUE'VESA][BONECARN]
    • View Profile
« Reply #3678 on: January 31, 2011, 09:54:24 pm »

((Oh crap, I'm having Mafia flashbacks.  It's also a little hard to read Hastur's case without proper capitalization.  Take into affect my real-life feverish state, and I'm glad Adil doesn't have to make a decision here.  Since several players I trust are convinced Hastur deserves punishment, I'll go along with that.))

The trial is more confusing than Adil thought, and the stress is too much for her fragile mind.  She leaves to do something less insane, like talk to Denrhymed or fail to milk maggots.
She/they
No justice: no peace.
Quote from: Fallen London, one Unthinkable Hope
This one didn't want to be who they was. On the Surface – it was a dull, unconsidered sadness. But everything changed. Which implied everything could change.

V-Norrec

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #3679 on: February 01, 2011, 03:32:27 pm »

So, final decision on how much punishment is to be doled out by the GM?

Ochita

• Bay Watcher
  • Doofus ghostus
    • View Profile
« Reply #3680 on: February 01, 2011, 03:33:38 pm »

I believe a claim of everything that Hastur didn't take with him from the fortress. is whats going to happen.
Quote from: Freeform
princest zaldo of hurl kindom: the mushroom aren't going to choice itself, ochita

V-Norrec

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #3681 on: February 01, 2011, 03:35:57 pm »

Well if you go with the average of people voting, it looks like more than that is going to be taken.  But after this we can move on to the Caravan decisions and then final schedules.

Ochita

• Bay Watcher
  • Doofus ghostus
    • View Profile
« Reply #3682 on: February 01, 2011, 03:38:56 pm »

ALL of it?! Well... We could use the steel and such. I thought that we picked such a sweet amount of materials from the caravan too...
Quote from: Freeform
princest zaldo of hurl kindom: the mushroom aren't going to choice itself, ochita

Shade-o

• Bay Watcher
  • It's my greatest creation yet!
    • View Profile
« Reply #3683 on: February 01, 2011, 09:43:10 pm »

The average consensus is that Sandow should be removed of 'a bit' of his property. It is proposed that his chain armour, steel sabre and buckler be removed for use by the local militia and to reduce his danger to his fellow dwarves.

Proposed amendments, Litast, Shem?
Apparently having a redundant creature entry causes the game to say, "Oh, look, it's crazy world now. Nothing makes sense! Alligators live in houses!"

V-Norrec

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #3684 on: February 01, 2011, 10:47:36 pm »

*shrug* he still has an iron golem to smash anybody he doesn't like with, as long as he has that, the danger level really doesn't go down.  I would like to make a suggestion of somehow imprinting in it not to harm any other dwarf under any circumstance.

IronyOwl

• Bay Watcher
  • Nope~
    • View Profile
« Reply #3685 on: February 01, 2011, 10:54:26 pm »

He hasn't really seemed dangerous to me. Greedy sure, but I don't think he's intending on a golem-coup.
Quote from: Radio Controlled (Discord)
A hand, a hand, my kingdom for a hot hand!
The kitchenette mold free, you move on to the pantry. it's nasty in there. The bacon is grazing on the lettuce. The ham is having an illicit affair with the prime rib, The potatoes see all, know all. A rat in boxer shorts smoking a foul smelling cigar is banging on a cabinet shouting about rent money.

V-Norrec

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #3686 on: February 01, 2011, 10:59:10 pm »

No reason not to take precautions though.  So I don't get murdered again.

IronyOwl

• Bay Watcher
  • Nope~
    • View Profile
« Reply #3687 on: February 01, 2011, 11:08:08 pm »

I'm almost positive he wouldn't murder you if he knew we'd find out about it. Sandow is most decidedly not cut out for a life on the run.
Quote from: Radio Controlled (Discord)
A hand, a hand, my kingdom for a hot hand!
The kitchenette mold free, you move on to the pantry. it's nasty in there. The bacon is grazing on the lettuce. The ham is having an illicit affair with the prime rib, The potatoes see all, know all. A rat in boxer shorts smoking a foul smelling cigar is banging on a cabinet shouting about rent money.

V-Norrec

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: Cobalt Fortress: Days 30-47: This is the spring of our discontent
« Reply #3688 on: February 01, 2011, 11:40:02 pm »

Schedule: 
Midnight-4: work
4-5:  breakfast
5-7:  animal care and egg collection
7-5:  sleep
5-6:  lunch
6-8:  tell stories to dwarves who will listen to raise their spirits
8-10:  Practice record keeping, ask Nylona to help if she's not too busy
10-11:  dinner
11-12:  work

Spoiler: work (click to show/hide)

Spoiler: distractions (click to show/hide)

I will drink water with all meals and vary the meals as normal.

It's been editted ever so slightly to start work on getting the two service skills I'm mainly concerned about out of the gutter.  Also, we never got a map update, that would be most helpful.

CoughDrop

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #3689 on: February 02, 2011, 07:40:38 am »

Yay, we do have five carts! Just waiting on the map to designate how everything will be put inside.
"It's one thing to feel that you are on the right path, but it's another to think yours is the only path."
Pages: 1 ... 244 245 [246] 247 248 249