A lot
- 1 (9.1%)
A ton
- 1 (9.1%)
All of it
- 3 (27.3%)

Total Members Voted: 11

Pages: 1 ... 237 238 [239] 240 241 ... 249

Author Topic: Cobalt Fortress: Days 48 onward: This is the spring of our discontent  (Read 142572 times)

V-Norrec

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: Cobalt Fortress: Days 48 onward: This is the spring of our discontent
« Reply #3570 on: January 28, 2011, 11:57:05 pm »

"Objectively, you attempted to steal my bed, my two gold bars, and are trying to fast talk your way out of the proper punishment for attempted theft, and that's only what happened to me.  Surely other people remember that you attempted to steal objects from the camp as well.  This matter needs to be settled once and for all, but not like a mob, we will do this in a civil manner.  If you are blameless of all crimes, it will be revealed through trial.  If found guilty, then the appropriate punishment will be dealt out.
« Last Edit: January 28, 2011, 11:59:52 pm by V-Norrec »

Shade-o

• Bay Watcher
  • It's my greatest creation yet!
    • View Profile
« Reply #3571 on: January 29, 2011, 12:10:33 am »

Nylona speaks up:

"Oooh, if we're going to have a trial, I should be involved..."

She holds up a certificate from a prestigious institution. 'Horldinnar Academy for Young Ladies: Mistress of Social Coordination, Civil Law, and Theology'.
Apparently having a redundant creature entry causes the game to say, "Oh, look, it's crazy world now. Nothing makes sense! Alligators live in houses!"

V-Norrec

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #3572 on: January 29, 2011, 12:14:33 am »

"Very well, I'll represent the rest of the dwarves and their case against Sandow."

Hastur

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #3573 on: January 29, 2011, 12:18:37 am »

Hold it right there Norrec! we have to designate a hammerer to dole out a proper righteous hammering to the infractor first

V-Norrec

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #3574 on: January 29, 2011, 12:23:52 am »

"We will designate the hammerer after the trial, though I believe Shem is the best choice as he has the most experience in wielding hammers.  For now, we should continue with the trial and not put it off any longer.  Once this is acted upon, we will then take the steps necessary for justice to be done."

FuzzyZergling

• Bay Watcher
  • Zergin' erry day.
    • View Profile
« Reply #3575 on: January 29, 2011, 12:27:05 am »

"Woah, bringing a Hammerer in seems a bit harsh, don't you think?"

V-Norrec

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #3576 on: January 29, 2011, 12:28:14 am »

"Sandow wanted one, if he is in favor of harsher punishment than I would advocate, I won't complain."

Rolan7

• Bay Watcher
  • [GUE'VESA][BONECARN]
    • View Profile
« Reply #3577 on: January 29, 2011, 12:34:21 am »

Adil watches scornfully, standing off to the side.  "Pah.  I thought I'd finally seen the last of fortress justice when I left the Mountainhome.  I will watch and remember this foolishness, but don't consider me a participant."
She/they
No justice: no peace.
Quote from: Fallen London, one Unthinkable Hope
This one didn't want to be who they was. On the Surface – it was a dull, unconsidered sadness. But everything changed. Which implied everything could change.

Hastur

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #3578 on: January 29, 2011, 12:36:04 am »

"irrelevant to me because i am not guilty and it will frighten future criminals from affecting our productivity" Everyone should know the price for crossing the law

"I SANDOW DO HEREBY OATH TO TELL THE TRUTH FOR THIS HERE COurt, or may armok pluck my beard and justice be done"

i propose to let the records show adil seems to think this is a travesty of justice to even be accused of such nonsense."

V-Norrec

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #3579 on: January 29, 2011, 12:38:26 am »

"Nothing of the kind was said.  Adil said she was opposed to fortress justice in general, not this case."

IronyOwl

• Bay Watcher
  • Nope~
    • View Profile
« Reply #3580 on: January 29, 2011, 12:39:51 am »

"i didnt abduct your puppy because it was never missing. if you want to accuse me of attempting to train it then im guilty as charged
"Well, perhaps 'abducting' is a bit strong, but you should still ask before training someone else's puppy."

and if i may ask what have i stolen? i saw some things in the communal list according to the records, i tried to pick them up so the valubles wouldnt be in plain sight for some kobolds to steal. Since they were on the communal list i didnt know anybody owned them, once somebody claimed ownership of them i chose to belive them and not to accuse them of lying.
"I'd appreciate if you'd leave communal goods in the communal pile; I doubt they're much safer in your personal possessions, and it's more obvious that they're communal. By stolen I meant the puppy, which may have been exaggerating a bit, but still.

We can be reasonable here. as to why i am "riled up" about peoples snooping you have missed the entire point. the entire point is that i trust you guys, and i am willing to forgive peoples trespasses because it was surely a mistake and a miscommunication, that is hardly what i would call riled up, its more what i would call a baseless accusation.. Please dont assert i stole without proof, please dont claim i am hiding things from you when they are clearly in a bin with my name on it and dont claim i abducted your puppy when you've always been in possession of it.
"Yer trying to claim looking through your stuff is a big deal, while not telling us what's in there but claiming you'd be willing to share. You're also saying you've been keeping communal goods in there for safekeeping. How can you have communal goods, and stuff you're perfectly willing to share but only if someone asks, in your personal stash and still think it's any kind of issue at all for someone to look?"

look it takes more effort to prove an allegation false than it does to show how wrong the allegation is. We can only act once we have proof of a misdeed otherwise it would behoove the individual to accuse first and our society would implode. I can aleave you of these mistakes in critical thinking. with a backround in philosophy and logic you will have a more consistent and reality based worldview, maybe we can schedule a time so you do not have to be overburdened with irrational fears and hatred against imaginary wrongs? We can start on why hearsay is not evidence. What happens when a new migrant comes in and hears all these accusations, that is how witchunts happen. As dwarves we should be above petty human fallacies like those." Who said i stole this or that? do you belive them? did they give you evidence? i dont know how anybody can go through life just believing anything they happen to overhear, when were you deprived of your puppy? you have first hand experience in this, i was not keeping it from you, how did i hide my things? they are in plain sight to anybody that cares to open my 2 crates, or the items on my belt. I am not your enemy here, just stand back and look at things objectively.
"Erm... I'll think about philosophy classes. Maybe I should stick to the divine."

"Sandow wanted one, if he is in favor of harsher punishment than I would advocate, I won't complain."
"Hammerer's more symbolic than anything, I'd hope. Still, I'm thinking we can do without one. Sheriff or somesuch maybe, but even that might not be necessary.

And Adil, it might be better to clear this up once and for all."
Quote from: Radio Controlled (Discord)
A hand, a hand, my kingdom for a hot hand!
The kitchenette mold free, you move on to the pantry. it's nasty in there. The bacon is grazing on the lettuce. The ham is having an illicit affair with the prime rib, The potatoes see all, know all. A rat in boxer shorts smoking a foul smelling cigar is banging on a cabinet shouting about rent money.

V-Norrec

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #3581 on: January 29, 2011, 12:53:29 am »

"The first piece of evidence I would like to admit on behalf of the fortress is the actions of the defendant himself as we all of us present can remember."

Take Unclaimed gold bar, Flawless Jet, steel dagger+1 if unclaimed, leather armour unless inconvenient, claim those extra clothes as a change of clothes.

"I formally Request a good bed, a bedroom door, a 2x4 or 3x3 bedroom, and a dug 3x3 room or two connecting soley to my room. I will pay you back it'll be worth it."

"As can clearly be seen, Sandow has clearly viewed himself entitled to all the works of this fortress from the very first day, and even worse, has been willing to take matters into his own hands as the only gold bars present in camp at time were in my possession as can be testified by Tholtig."

Until it happened, I thought you were just being paranoid. Who the hell is going to steal your gold bars? What would they even do with them?

As always, the noble.

"The jet, dagger, and armor that he attempted to take, on the very first day of this fortress's existence also belonged to others."

Those are Norrec's gold bars, Coughdrop's jet, Samthere's dagger, Rolan's clothes and the armour could belong to a few people. I should note down if its personally owned.

"What says the defendant in response to this obvious proof of attempted theft from several members of the fortress?"
« Last Edit: January 29, 2011, 12:55:55 am by V-Norrec »

Rolan7

• Bay Watcher
  • [GUE'VESA][BONECARN]
    • View Profile
« Reply #3582 on: January 29, 2011, 12:57:12 am »

"Oh, I'm pretty sure he's guilty.  Norrec's right, I just don't like this ritualistic system of punishment.  I can't say I'm crazy about trials, either, but I suppose he deserve a chance to defend himself."

*spits*  "Really though, he's right about this being a travesty.  Is it even possible for a noble to steal?  Hastur is not on trial here, but the very concept of nobility.  As my time on the surface is only somewhat affected by our leadership, I will abide by the decisions of the mob - at least as long as I choose to stay here."

(I traded Classist for Insulting, since wanting to abolish class boundaries is a *advantage* called class-breaker, not a disadvantage.  Insulting is fun!)
She/they
No justice: no peace.
Quote from: Fallen London, one Unthinkable Hope
This one didn't want to be who they was. On the Surface – it was a dull, unconsidered sadness. But everything changed. Which implied everything could change.

Hastur

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #3583 on: January 29, 2011, 12:58:28 am »

"out of court side conversations with this guy your honor!

Ironyowl I do think looking through someones personal possetions is a big deal, but i have chosen not to make a big deal about it. if someone borrowed something but i never missed it i would not care, they are in my bin but its is not as if they took the sword off my belt or the shirt off my back that i was using. Next, i did not say i have communal goods in there for safekeeping, what is in my bins are my personal possessions. perhaps we have a different account of what you claim i am keeping in my personal bins? because i know i have not put anything into my bins at all, the only thing in them should be my stuff i brought with me. what are you saying are communal goods? the only thing i remember to have claimed lately are the kobold rock maces that i think im carrying for throwing purposes. please point out what you say i have in my bins and i will tell you whether they are mine or not. The difference here is whether it has been designated as communal, if it is in my personal inventory i have claimed it from the communal inventory. if it is in the communal inventory then it is there for the claiming. i for one , do not even look at peoples personal inventory."

i will dissmiss the rest of your comments since you have changed them to be more reasonable. rest ashured that if i know something is yours i will ask your permission for it before i do something with it. However i disagree that communal goods are safer in the communal goods pile, nothing was stolen by kobolds from my pockets, and if someone wants something in my pockets they have only to ask for it. However many communal goods were stolen but i respect your opinion. Know however that it is still an opinion and that i am not subject to it. if you dont want me to use something then dont have it in the communal pile."

Hastur

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #3584 on: January 29, 2011, 01:01:03 am »

I object, the accuser has not taken the gawd-oath! he needs to be sworn in under oath!
Pages: 1 ... 237 238 [239] 240 241 ... 249