A lot
- 1 (9.1%)
A ton
- 1 (9.1%)
All of it
- 3 (27.3%)

Total Members Voted: 11

Pages: 1 ... 235 236 [237] 238 239 ... 249

Author Topic: Cobalt Fortress: Days 48 onward: This is the spring of our discontent  (Read 142528 times)

IronyOwl

• Bay Watcher
  • Nope~
    • View Profile
Re: Cobalt Fortress: Days 30-47: This is the spring of our discontent
« Reply #3540 on: January 27, 2011, 10:10:43 pm »

We have as many stone blocks as the footprint right now. We could do the part that cares about the river.

I guess you're right about building all of it quickly though, so maybe we do need a more permanent temporary wall.
Quote from: Radio Controlled (Discord)
A hand, a hand, my kingdom for a hot hand!
The kitchenette mold free, you move on to the pantry. it's nasty in there. The bacon is grazing on the lettuce. The ham is having an illicit affair with the prime rib, The potatoes see all, know all. A rat in boxer shorts smoking a foul smelling cigar is banging on a cabinet shouting about rent money.

Rolan7

• Bay Watcher
  • [GUE'VESA][BONECARN]
    • View Profile
« Reply #3541 on: January 27, 2011, 11:45:58 pm »

How likely are we to face a real siege in our first year, though?

*Throws up hands*  "That's it, we're screwed!  Game over man!  Game over!"
She/they
No justice: no peace.
Quote from: Fallen London, one Unthinkable Hope
This one didn't want to be who they was. On the Surface – it was a dull, unconsidered sadness. But everything changed. Which implied everything could change.

FuzzyZergling

• Bay Watcher
  • Zergin' erry day.
    • View Profile
Re: Cobalt Fortress: Days 48 onward: This is the spring of our discontent
« Reply #3542 on: January 28, 2011, 01:14:16 am »

Kog's Schedual:
24-06: Sleep
06-07: Eat (any food, any drink)
07-11: Tend to helmets in Mushroom Room (Northeastern)
11-12: Rest, socialize
12-17: Plant and tend to Main Farming Room (Far Northern)
17-19: Eat, socialize (any food, any drink)
19-21: Socialize, listen for kobolds or other thieves
21-24: Sleep

For the Main Farm, I will plant all the helmet spawn (40, I'm pretty sure), as well as 5 rock nuts (more/less if I miscounted the spawn).
« Last Edit: January 28, 2011, 01:55:54 am by FuzzyZergling »

CoughDrop

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #3543 on: January 28, 2011, 01:14:55 am »

We have as many stone blocks as the footprint right now. We could do the part that cares about the river.

I guess you're right about building all of it quickly though, so maybe we do need a more permanent temporary wall.

Guys, this is why I had us dig out the defensible entrance in the first place. So we could move our operations inside and not have to deal with defending the ENTIRE site until we have more dwarves. Instead of working on defenses, I recommend that you work on designing the inner workings of the fortress itself, as well as setting up traps/temporary defenses for the true entrance.

Deciding to leave the actual inside digging plans up to Kogan and the others, Litast spends time becoming acquainted with Adil and learning how to better live off the land. She tries to come along to hunt with Adil and help out while trying not to be a burden. When not hunting, she spends her time helping out with the farm plots and talking with the dwarves around the fortress, while trying to remain positive and strengthen spirits.

In her spare time, she reflects while throwing her blessed knives at a nearby tree. Before they die off, Litast decides to see if the blinding effect of the knives work on the treants (Ask the owner of the treant if its o.k. first). "Perhaps we should put them out of their misery..."
« Last Edit: January 28, 2011, 01:18:19 am by CoughDrop »
"It's one thing to feel that you are on the right path, but it's another to think yours is the only path."

CoughDrop

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #3544 on: January 28, 2011, 01:17:27 am »

For the Main Farm, have we decided on what will be planted?

Plump helmet spawn? I haven't really payed attention to what will be planted, but I'd be willing to manage that if no one else will.
"It's one thing to feel that you are on the right path, but it's another to think yours is the only path."

FuzzyZergling

• Bay Watcher
  • Zergin' erry day.
    • View Profile
« Reply #3545 on: January 28, 2011, 01:43:17 am »

We have 40 spawn, and 45 tiles of prepared farmland.
I was thinking about planting some rock nuts, but anything edible/brewable would be good now.

CoughDrop

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #3546 on: January 28, 2011, 01:46:58 am »

I'm sure we could use some quarry bushes -- I approve.

V-Norrec

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #3547 on: January 28, 2011, 04:22:31 am »

((Yep, plant all the plump helmets and then devote the rest of the space to everything else, we should have enough with the new expansion of the farming room.))

IronyOwl

• Bay Watcher
  • Nope~
    • View Profile
« Reply #3548 on: January 28, 2011, 04:52:44 am »

8 hours sleep, ending at dawn.
2 hours eating beer and plump helmets.
10 hours Work
2 hours Play
2 hours What

Work: Gather sand and forge a green glass goblet with a decoration on it for everyone. Produce rock crafts if I finish them all.

Play: Sing for the camp.

What: Experiment with treant. Try getting to take root outside, tying to tree in the forest to see if it gets better, removing metal bits, giving it water or bits of food (both root-style and to its mouth). Also try interacting with it more, to see if it's at all inclined to do anything but try to wriggle free and kill me under any and all circumstances.
« Last Edit: January 29, 2011, 06:40:56 pm by IronyOwl »
The kitchenette mold free, you move on to the pantry. it's nasty in there. The bacon is grazing on the lettuce. The ham is having an illicit affair with the prime rib, The potatoes see all, know all. A rat in boxer shorts smoking a foul smelling cigar is banging on a cabinet shouting about rent money.

Shade-o

• Bay Watcher
  • It's my greatest creation yet!
    • View Profile
« Reply #3549 on: January 28, 2011, 04:56:19 am »

How do you want to transport it around? It's actually quite a bit bigger than you, and about as easy to move around as a struggling person can be.
Apparently having a redundant creature entry causes the game to say, "Oh, look, it's crazy world now. Nothing makes sense! Alligators live in houses!"

IronyOwl

• Bay Watcher
  • Nope~
    • View Profile
« Reply #3550 on: January 28, 2011, 04:59:35 am »

Hrm. I guess I'll heave it into a spare cart?

Ahra

• Bay Watcher
  • Immoveable, Indestuctible
    • View Profile
« Reply #3551 on: January 28, 2011, 05:37:54 am »

06-07 eat
07-23 (`hunt´ days 1-6, days 6-9 mining, day 10 help others with what they are doing)
17-22 mine(day 1 butcher the bear.)
22-23 pray to akil
23-24 eat
00-06 sleep
work

Spoiler (click to show/hide)
« Last Edit: January 28, 2011, 02:20:58 pm by Ahra »
And then the horror hits: This was just spring.
We are SOooooooooooooooooooooooooooooo fucked.
Quite fucked indeed.

DrunkDorfPally

• Bay Watcher
  • "Mess wi' meh booze n' die!"
    • View Profile
« Reply #3552 on: January 28, 2011, 09:39:30 am »

*Schedule stays the same.*

*While at the butcher shop, Tor inquires about joining the next Trade Carvan to elf terriory.*
Lemme introduce yer ta me friends: righty axe and lefty axe. They want ta kiss yer bloody face!
Lemme, AXE you a question!

Nirur Torir

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #3553 on: January 28, 2011, 12:46:14 pm »

I haven't completed the plans, but the innermost permanent wall will require thousands of blocks per story.

I do not expect the new temporary wall to take more then a few weeks to build. I'll then construct a bridge over the river, unless somebody digs a tunnel behind the waterfall, and begin building a similar wall on the other side.

Even a single guard on the wall should be able to stop any more unwanted intrusions by kobolds, and wake us up in time to help in case of a goblin raiding party.

Hastur

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: Cobalt Fortress: Days 19-25: Dwarven Caravan Approaches Elven Retreat
« Reply #3554 on: January 28, 2011, 06:11:58 pm »

New schedule
000-700;7hours; Train sword skill on golem. Golem digs meanwhile (a bedroom 2 squares big, one square of which will be for the door)
700-800 ;1hour; eat the best available,warm it up at the fire. golem diggs in my place.

800-1500;7hours;Train a dog for tracking by searching for mikhails hiding spot, use his grave or personal effects as a scent reference, track the missing male chicken with any spare time.
1500-1600;1hour; eat the best available, and warm it up at the fire. golem digs while i eat

1600-2300; sleep in bed, golem stands guard in doorway.
2300-2400; eat in bed. have the golem warm it up in the fire. golem digs while i eat and watch him

(This was my schedule. I know the GM had me doing some general mining and some random cooking for some reason, but the dog i was trying to train and the bedroom i was trying to dig were never mentioned again. Now that the update posted, i feel like i have to spam my actions to get them to happen, or get any feedback. The equipment seems to have been found right away, so was the dog trained right away or did i just stumble on it? was the bedroom dug? was the chicken tracked?did my skills go up? what does it take for my stated actions to register in-game? I wasnt mentioned and the gm is choosing my actions for me? should i go back to posting in large bold print again?)
Pages: 1 ... 235 236 [237] 238 239 ... 249