A lot
- 1 (9.1%)
A ton
- 1 (9.1%)
All of it
- 3 (27.3%)

Total Members Voted: 11

Pages: 1 ... 231 232 [233] 234 235 ... 249

Author Topic: Cobalt Fortress: Days 48 onward: This is the spring of our discontent  (Read 142661 times)

V-Norrec

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: Cobalt Fortress: Days 30-47: Punch the Animu in the throat
« Reply #3480 on: January 23, 2011, 12:01:44 pm »

((Yus, we need internal lodging.  I still want to go find an underground aquifier for winter use and more ore.))

((We've already dug down 2 levels in the soil outside and found no aquifer.  Where we are currently building is pure rock though due to the nature of the Cliffs of Iron (jutting straight up out of the earth.  Also, farming is more important, I want to live, if you want to die so you can have more ore, be my guest, but food is priority number one.))

DrunkDorfPally

• Bay Watcher
  • "Mess wi' meh booze n' die!"
    • View Profile
« Reply #3481 on: January 23, 2011, 12:09:11 pm »

((Fine, very well then.  I'll dig out the communal sleeping quarters then.  Shem, are you talking to me IC?))
Lemme introduce yer ta me friends: righty axe and lefty axe. They want ta kiss yer bloody face!
Lemme, AXE you a question!

elitetaco3519

• Bay Watcher
  • The savior of Orzammar.
    • View Profile
« Reply #3482 on: January 23, 2011, 01:20:17 pm »

Sleep, eat, help mine half the day and brew the other half.
« Last Edit: January 23, 2011, 04:41:03 pm by elitetaco3519 »
"...my word is poontang." Full Metal Jacket

dragonshardz

• Bay Watcher
  • [ETHIC:PONY:ACCEPTABLE]
    • View Profile
    • Steam Profile
« Reply #3483 on: January 23, 2011, 01:51:18 pm »

[[Yes, yes I am.]]

Ahra

• Bay Watcher
  • Immoveable, Indestuctible
    • View Profile
« Reply #3484 on: January 23, 2011, 01:59:49 pm »

((i jump into conversation)) with you we are 3 actual militiamen but the whole camp got a crossbow each so dont expect any heroic fights we simply do normal stuff like mining and building.
« Last Edit: January 23, 2011, 03:35:03 pm by Ahra »
And then the horror hits: This was just spring.
We are SOooooooooooooooooooooooooooooo fucked.
Quite fucked indeed.

Ochita

• Bay Watcher
  • Doofus ghostus
    • View Profile
« Reply #3485 on: January 23, 2011, 02:55:04 pm »

"Oh yes, one crossbow is obviously enough. Listen new guy, we dont need to forge weapons yet. Some of us already have them... Still, if you really want to try out weapons I suppose I could craft them from stone. They won't be much use in a fight though.. Except for the warhammers. So, do you want stone training weapons or not."
Quote from: Freeform
princest zaldo of hurl kindom: the mushroom aren't going to choice itself, ochita

V-Norrec

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #3486 on: January 23, 2011, 03:51:17 pm »

((... why do people seem to think we need more weapons, all the militarily useful dwarves already have weapons.  Seriously, do something useful, like farm.  We'll all starve if we don't start producing the foodz.))

"Wooden training weapons would be better Urist, Stone weapons would be too off-balanced to effectively train with.  If we wanted to act like kobolds though I suppose stone weapons attached to sticks would work... that'd be terrible if we were reduced to that level though."

elitetaco3519

• Bay Watcher
  • The savior of Orzammar.
    • View Profile
« Reply #3487 on: January 23, 2011, 04:03:53 pm »

"wooden ones wouldn't be a problem *spits on ground* if ya have wood which we are lacking right now." ((we also need ta booze))
"...my word is poontang." Full Metal Jacket

Ochita

• Bay Watcher
  • Doofus ghostus
    • View Profile
« Reply #3488 on: January 23, 2011, 04:12:48 pm »

((I know, but stone weapons aren't that hard to make, but as you said, they aren't great. A stone war hammer would most likely snap the shaft. If you could get a hit though.. and if you could lift it... And if the target stays still...))

"I know.. Wait, the kobolds have stone weapons? Nevermind. Oh, I did get an iron hatchet from a treant, and Im keeping that, I also got a training axe from the elves. So I effectively have a weapon, I just need to learn how to use it when I have some time."
princest zaldo of hurl kindom: the mushroom aren't going to choice itself, ochita

DrunkDorfPally

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #3489 on: January 23, 2011, 04:14:48 pm »

"Whoa Whoa!  One at a time y' bloody gits!" he rumbles at everyone surrounding him. He then replies to the one shaking his hand,  "Aye, thank you for welcoming meh."  After that, he replies to the one talking about weaponry,  "Och, reallyeh?  Well, if you checked meh list, th' top part had mugseh on iteh."  Finally, he talks to crutch dwarf, "'ave y' checked meh resume?  I don' nae a damn nae thin' abou' farmin' o' 'untin'!  If your sae eager for meh t' 'elp wi' iteh, I'll dig up your new farmin' chambers!  Sheesh!"  *He then goes off grumbling and cursing in dwarven to look for a pickaxe in the various stockpiles so he can get back to work.*
Lemme introduce yer ta me friends: righty axe and lefty axe. They want ta kiss yer bloody face!

V-Norrec

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #3490 on: January 23, 2011, 04:20:27 pm »

((We have plenty of wood))

Edit:  "My name is Norrec, and you know what else isn't in your job description, dying from starvation.  If you want to eat, you're going to learn some kind of food production skill, farming, hunting or fishing, take your pick.  We're still in a pretty bad food crisis here.
« Last Edit: January 23, 2011, 04:42:05 pm by V-Norrec »

Ochita

• Bay Watcher
  • Doofus ghostus
    • View Profile
« Reply #3491 on: January 23, 2011, 04:50:54 pm »

"Yeah, norrec. Hopefully the flower will extend for another month or two but yeah. We might need to go back. But yeah, I'll try some fishing in addition to my farming. My crafts.. Well. There are a couple that I might make but they can be dropped."

DrunkDorfPally

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #3492 on: January 23, 2011, 05:08:56 pm »

*Ignores Norrec's yapping and adds fishing pole and bait to his search list.*

Shade-o

• Bay Watcher
  • It's my greatest creation yet!
    • View Profile
« Reply #3493 on: January 24, 2011, 12:02:14 am »

With the total population reaching 15, the time has come for irreversible divisions along arbitrary political lines! Will it be a brutal hammer-state that glorifies wealth and nobility, or a freedom and elf-loving commune of legendary defencelessness?

Just remember, if you see a neutral, throw a rock at them! They can't be trusted!

The parties are many and varied, the dedication of their members matched only by the ideological flaws inherent in their preferred systems.

Nationalist factions emphasise a strong, military government for protection.
Militarist
Isolationist
Doomguard
Expansionist

Conservative factions embrace traditional dwarven values and strategies.
Royalist
Goldguard
Industrialist
Godchilds

Progressive factions focus on an idealistic and free future.
Intellectuals
Independents
Glimmerbells
Raggers

See the compendium for detailed examinations.
« Last Edit: January 24, 2011, 01:58:01 am by Shade-o »
Apparently having a redundant creature entry causes the game to say, "Oh, look, it's crazy world now. Nothing makes sense! Alligators live in houses!"

FuzzyZergling

• Bay Watcher
  • Zergin' erry day.
    • View Profile
Re: Cobalt Fortress: Days 22-29: Watashi wa nihongo wo ichikagetu narrate imasu.
« Reply #3494 on: January 24, 2011, 11:55:34 am »

((Excuse me, did any of the northern farm get planted?
Also, adding indoor farmland to the map would be much appriciated.))
Pages: 1 ... 231 232 [233] 234 235 ... 249