A lot
- 1 (9.1%)
A ton
- 1 (9.1%)
All of it
- 3 (27.3%)

Total Members Voted: 11

Pages: 1 ... 213 214 [215] 216 217 ... 249

Author Topic: Cobalt Fortress: Days 48 onward: This is the spring of our discontent  (Read 142711 times)

Nirur Torir

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: Cobalt Fortress: Days 22-?: Free Character Firesale
« Reply #3210 on: January 10, 2011, 05:13:28 pm »

Well I'm just waiting for Kogan to tell me whether or not my plan is feasible for an addition to the fortress (i.e. won't kill us).  I suppose most of us in the staying group have no change to the schedule though, not much has changed really, other than less people.
Sorry for the delayed response, but if this is regards to your mining plan, I have no idea - I learned all I know about architecture from human books, and know very little about the stability of mines.

dragonshardz

• Bay Watcher
  • [ETHIC:PONY:ACCEPTABLE]
    • View Profile
    • Steam Profile
« Reply #3211 on: January 10, 2011, 05:19:42 pm »

*cough*Dwarven Physics*cough*

That said, the mining plan looks A-OK to me.

V-Norrec

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #3212 on: January 10, 2011, 05:28:24 pm »

Well, with it approved (by someone) we might as well add it into the plans and make it our next mining goal after we finish mining out the farm room. 

Commence with the week!

V-Norrec

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #3213 on: January 10, 2011, 11:28:14 pm »

So is anybody else changing their schedule or are we good to go?

Shade-o

• Bay Watcher
  • It's my greatest creation yet!
    • View Profile
« Reply #3214 on: January 10, 2011, 11:38:29 pm »

Elves should be encountered shortly, so probably yes.

Also raise the question of whether an OOC thread should be made exactly for this sort of thing.
« Last Edit: January 10, 2011, 11:48:57 pm by Shade-o »
Apparently having a redundant creature entry causes the game to say, "Oh, look, it's crazy world now. Nothing makes sense! Alligators live in houses!"

V-Norrec

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #3215 on: January 10, 2011, 11:59:10 pm »

Would actions taken in the OOC thread (i.e. discussing mining/building plans) go into effect in the main game or would we have to post them in both if we wanted them to go into effect?

Shade-o

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #3216 on: January 11, 2011, 12:17:55 am »

That would depend on if you were discussing that in or out of character, but most of the discussion spam would be OOC.
Apparently having a redundant creature entry causes the game to say, "Oh, look, it's crazy world now. Nothing makes sense! Alligators live in houses!"

V-Norrec

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #3217 on: January 11, 2011, 12:26:20 am »

So basically, if I wanted something to take place I'd first have to discuss it in the OOC thread and then submit it for approval in the IC thread... that just sounds like needless complication of my life.

Shade-o

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #3218 on: January 11, 2011, 12:45:36 am »

What I mean is a place for extraneous discussion. A place where you can argue for ten pages on what to place where, without clogging up this thread. If you want to make a snap decision, by all means say "I pull the magma lever", but at least this way the fallout from everybody else will be in another thread and the result is not separated from the action by several pages, whether you go through with it or not.

V-Norrec

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #3219 on: January 11, 2011, 01:06:42 am »

Hmmmm... yeah, I guess I can deal with that, it'll make life easier for you, and just so you know, that's the only reason why I'm voting yes.

Edit:  How was the trip?  The suspense is killing me.

Shade-o

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #3220 on: January 11, 2011, 01:14:02 am »

I'll tell you what they didn't not do: Encountered twenty-seven goblin soldiers, four large cave trolls, and an odd breed of dragonlike creature.

Shade-o

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #3221 on: January 11, 2011, 01:32:56 am »

Cookie?

Caravan
At the advice of Adil and with the approval of Litast, the caravan camps out for hopefully the last time on the edge of the forest. The night is tense, but they are not attacked. Early the next morning they enter the Warpwood.

The forest is slightly thicker than that around the Cliffs and of similar trees, but it feels more hospitable. The constant biting wind is greatly reduced, and there is less snow on the ground. There are even a few broadleafs.

It's not a lush and verdant paradise, but it's much more pleasant than the tundra.

V-Norrec

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #3222 on: January 11, 2011, 01:39:29 am »

and at home?  Did I get Chainmail, did I find clay, Can I begin construction of a random Ceramic door?

Ochita

• Bay Watcher
  • Doofus ghostus
    • View Profile
« Reply #3223 on: January 11, 2011, 01:39:37 am »

I'll tell you what they didn't not do: Encountered twenty-seven goblin soldiers, four large cave trolls, and an odd breed of dragonlike creature.
>:(
I hate timezones....
Quote from: Freeform
princest zaldo of hurl kindom: the mushroom aren't going to choice itself, ochita

V-Norrec

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #3224 on: January 11, 2011, 01:40:43 am »

... What, did you die without being present, because that would kind of stink?  THE SUSPENSE KILLS ME Q.Q
Pages: 1 ... 213 214 [215] 216 217 ... 249