A lot
- 1 (9.1%)
A ton
- 1 (9.1%)
All of it
- 3 (27.3%)

Total Members Voted: 11

Pages: 1 ... 19 20 [21] 22 23 ... 249

Author Topic: Cobalt Fortress: Days 48 onward: This is the spring of our discontent  (Read 143188 times)

FuzzyZergling

• Bay Watcher
  • Zergin' erry day.
    • View Profile
Re: Dwarf Fortress: Cobalt Edition: Prologue: Orngim Trail
« Reply #300 on: November 10, 2010, 06:55:31 pm »

I couldn't reattach them unless they were severed for less than a few minutes, with a clean cut, but anything less than that would be easy.

Ochita

• Bay Watcher
  • Doofus ghostus
    • View Profile
« Reply #301 on: November 10, 2010, 06:56:40 pm »

Talk to the logistics lady, ask why stuff is so cheap, its like shes giving it away, almost as if... Its stolen... Don't mention the last part.
Quote from: Freeform
princest zaldo of hurl kindom: the mushroom aren't going to choice itself, ochita

Lillipad

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #302 on: November 10, 2010, 06:59:10 pm »

Return to the port, drop Tholtig off at the best medical area around, and report back to Nikoth so I can get a temp for Tholtig, and weapons that can actually harm a troll.
Quote from: BaerTaffy
If Adele covered Aerosmith, that would be my life right now.

V-Norrec

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #303 on: November 10, 2010, 07:00:15 pm »

Wow Lilli, we're just missing each other again :(

Lillipad

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #304 on: November 10, 2010, 07:04:07 pm »

That does seem to be a recurring theme in our Mountainhome shenanigans.

Rolan7

• Bay Watcher
  • [GUE'VESA][BONECARN]
    • View Profile
« Reply #305 on: November 10, 2010, 07:05:20 pm »

Talk to the logistics lady, ask why stuff is so cheap, its like shes giving it away, almost as if... Its stolen... Don't mention the last part.

I'm near the logistics lady, bored since I can't play with my cat anymore, and wondering aloud what I'm going to do with my extra dwarfbucks.  I see Ore Balance and hang around in case he needs a hand with anything.
She/they
No justice: no peace.
Quote from: Fallen London, one Unthinkable Hope
This one didn't want to be who they was. On the Surface – it was a dull, unconsidered sadness. But everything changed. Which implied everything could change.

Shade-o

• Bay Watcher
  • It's my greatest creation yet!
    • View Profile
« Reply #306 on: November 10, 2010, 07:15:43 pm »

CoughDrop
You try enticing the scarab back, but all you hear is a sack being torn open and scaraby-eating sounds. It's only interested in the food, and all you've got is an empty cage.

Samthere
The stall owner has had enough! He curses you with Carnie Revenge! Suddenly you feel as if you have stumbled into something horrible. If only you had had the chance to avoid it!

V-Norrec
Captain Nikoth gently pats you on the back as you cry, and carefully takes your crossbow, quivers, and backpack as they also bear the same mark. He tells you that all the goods will have to be checked and catalogued, but any reward would have to come from up high in the bureaucracy. In the meantime he'll have to send guards to seal the warehouse.

At that point you run out screaming and hide in your warehouse. You grab a gold bar and hold it close to your chest for comfort, but taking it out of the building would be royal theft. You lie on the floor, sobbing like the little girl that you are.

FuzzyZergling
She seems somewhat disappointed by that. Master was much nicer when he had those limbs.

Ochita
The storekeeper blinks and tersely informs you that this shop is an official subsidiary of the royal court, and is directly responsible for supplying all manner of sanctioned expeditions across the surface. The surprisingly minimal price speech was simply a method of inducing comfort and friendliness in the customer. Click.

Lillipad
Once the troll is out of sight, you try to help Tholtig by wrapping his chest in bandages. He seems to have internal injuries as well, however. He coughs and briefly wakes up, showing you the artist's rendition of his family.

The barge is moving at full speed and has a somewhat lighter load, but it will still take some more time before you reach port.

Rolan7
You wait near the logistics depot, performing CUTE SHENANIGANS with your kitten, but purposefully keeping it low-key. An itinerant trader passing by is still crippled, however.
Apparently having a redundant creature entry causes the game to say, "Oh, look, it's crazy world now. Nothing makes sense! Alligators live in houses!"

Samthere

• Bay Watcher
  • RRRRRAAAAAAOR! <3
    • View Profile
« Reply #307 on: November 10, 2010, 07:17:19 pm »

Gar "OH YOU'RE GONNA CURSE ME WHEN I TRY TO HELP YOU? WELL I CURSE YOU WITH A TINY, SHRIVELLED, HUMAN LIVER! AND WHERE'S MY PRIZE? WE HAD AN AGREEMENT!"
« Last Edit: November 10, 2010, 07:21:18 pm by Samthere »

Lillipad

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #308 on: November 10, 2010, 07:19:37 pm »

Continue the course, try to keep Tolthig away from any bright light/black abyss he may be seeing with my super-dwarvenly hard-boiled Commander powers.

Rolan7

• Bay Watcher
  • [GUE'VESA][BONECARN]
    • View Profile
« Reply #309 on: November 10, 2010, 07:20:09 pm »

Oh no!
I grab and shake the trader in a panic, asking if they're alright, and if there's anything I can do to help them.  I lose sight of my kitty.
She/they
This one didn't want to be who they was. On the Surface – it was a dull, unconsidered sadness. But everything changed. Which implied everything could change.

Ochita

• Bay Watcher
  • Doofus ghostus
    • View Profile
« Reply #310 on: November 10, 2010, 07:25:14 pm »

"Why are you acting so... Nothing like? Is there something wrong. I mean, I can always check with other people that your not lieing"
Quote from: Freeform
princest zaldo of hurl kindom: the mushroom aren't going to choice itself, ochita

Shade-o

• Bay Watcher
  • It's my greatest creation yet!
    • View Profile
« Reply #311 on: November 10, 2010, 07:29:53 pm »

Samthere
You attempt to retort with a witty comeback, but all that comes out of your mouth is locusts! And not in the good 'lord of insects' way where you control them, but the bad way where they scratch your throat and then go off to eat crops! You flail around a bit.

Lillipad
You try to keep Tholtig conscious, but you can't control his blood loss. You have to settle for being inspiring and motivating, by recounting tales of derring do and legendary struggles.

Rolan7
The trader is lying face-down with their spine broken, and when you flip them over they utter "The darkness... Shenanigans..." before your kitty leaps out of the shadows and smothers him. Awww, it thinks his face is a pillow!

Ochita
The storekeeper blinks and responds that the situation is completely fine. Reassessing the situation with the aid of the other supervisors would not change the perception that the situation is fine.

Outside, you think you hear shenanigans. Best not think about it.
Apparently having a redundant creature entry causes the game to say, "Oh, look, it's crazy world now. Nothing makes sense! Alligators live in houses!"

V-Norrec

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #312 on: November 10, 2010, 07:31:13 pm »

Finish crying then go back to my barge.  Closely investigate each inch of it for any secret compartments or hidden anything of value.
« Last Edit: November 10, 2010, 07:33:24 pm by V-Norrec »

Lillipad

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #313 on: November 10, 2010, 07:32:23 pm »

Have the not-dying recruits ask the captain about any worthless cargo that can be dumped to make things go faster.

Rolan7

• Bay Watcher
  • [GUE'VESA][BONECARN]
    • View Profile
« Reply #314 on: November 10, 2010, 07:32:55 pm »

Attempt to administer CPR to the trader with a broken spine.  Eventually push Denrhymed off their face.
Once they're dead, search their belongings for identification that I may report this act of feline to the appropriate authorities.
She/they
Pages: 1 ... 19 20 [21] 22 23 ... 249