A lot
- 1 (9.1%)
A ton
- 1 (9.1%)
All of it
- 3 (27.3%)

Total Members Voted: 11

Pages: 1 ... 197 198 [199] 200 201 ... 249

Author Topic: Cobalt Fortress: Days 48 onward: This is the spring of our discontent  (Read 142800 times)

CoughDrop

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: Cobalt Fortress: Days 14-18: Aftermath of the Mild Anxiety
« Reply #2970 on: January 03, 2011, 03:44:23 pm »

"There's not really a good reason to punish you... Let's just go home."
"It's one thing to feel that you are on the right path, but it's another to think yours is the only path."

Ochita

• Bay Watcher
  • Doofus ghostus
    • View Profile
« Reply #2971 on: January 03, 2011, 03:53:54 pm »

"Yes, lets just leave. I don't like this place."
Quote from: Freeform
princest zaldo of hurl kindom: the mushroom aren't going to choice itself, ochita

Shade-o

• Bay Watcher
  • It's my greatest creation yet!
    • View Profile
« Reply #2972 on: January 03, 2011, 05:25:37 pm »

If you leave right now, you can get back around midday.
Apparently having a redundant creature entry causes the game to say, "Oh, look, it's crazy world now. Nothing makes sense! Alligators live in houses!"

V-Norrec

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #2973 on: January 03, 2011, 06:16:17 pm »

Begrudgingly go home, making sure to take note of natural landmarks on the way home so I can come back to the cave later to finish hunting down the bugs.

Shade-o

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #2974 on: January 03, 2011, 07:12:27 pm »

And so the group returns to the campsite by midday on the third day of the week, to find everything in order. The only thing of interest is Kogan's work on Sandow's golem, which he is repairing. It was about to break down.

Hopefully the rest of the week will be uneventful?
« Last Edit: January 03, 2011, 07:13:58 pm by Shade-o »
Apparently having a redundant creature entry causes the game to say, "Oh, look, it's crazy world now. Nothing makes sense! Alligators live in houses!"

IronyOwl

• Bay Watcher
  • Nope~
    • View Profile
« Reply #2975 on: January 03, 2011, 07:17:05 pm »

Search high and low for missing puppy. Enlist other puppies if they seem able to track.
Quote from: Radio Controlled (Discord)
A hand, a hand, my kingdom for a hot hand!
The kitchenette mold free, you move on to the pantry. it's nasty in there. The bacon is grazing on the lettuce. The ham is having an illicit affair with the prime rib, The potatoes see all, know all. A rat in boxer shorts smoking a foul smelling cigar is banging on a cabinet shouting about rent money.

V-Norrec

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #2976 on: January 03, 2011, 07:21:53 pm »

Smack Kogan.  "We need those metal fixings for other things, like furniture.  He knew damn well the thing was about to break down when he bought it, let him sort it out on his own time with his own materials, we got bigger things to worry about than some noble's golem that he uses for trivial purposes."  I say to him trying to convince him to stop working on the golem.  ((I'll be working on a new schedule shortly for my character))

Rolan7

• Bay Watcher
  • [GUE'VESA][BONECARN]
    • View Profile
« Reply #2977 on: January 03, 2011, 09:10:22 pm »

Greet the away team as they reach the camp.
"You guys are back, that's great.  I don't suppose you solved the food crisis?"
She/they
No justice: no peace.
Quote from: Fallen London, one Unthinkable Hope
This one didn't want to be who they was. On the Surface – it was a dull, unconsidered sadness. But everything changed. Which implied everything could change.

V-Norrec

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #2978 on: January 03, 2011, 09:15:55 pm »

"Nah, demonic hell bugs apparently don't stick around too long after you kill them and turn into ashes.  We brought back fragments of a crystal that was used to create some kind of portal though.  Who knows, we may be able to use those to transport one of us into a land filled with flowing milk and honey, or they might just be worthless gems, comparatively anyhow, now that they've been broken.  Urist was going to run some experiments on them and see if he couldn't figure anything out about what those crystals, and those hell bugs were."  I explain.  "How about a drink?  All this runnin' around hell has got me mighty thirsty."  I say offering a swing from my waterskin to Adil before taking a swig myself.

New Schedule for remainder of this week

Midnight-5:  Work
5-6:  Breakfast
6-8:  Socialize/take care of horse/collect chicken eggs.
8-Noon:  Work
Noon-8:  Sleep
8-9:  Dinner
9-10:  Pray to Hipobis, thanking him for his guidance through out the day, as well as all he has done for me.
10-12:  Work

Work = Go into forest, collect as many brewable plants as possible, once an 5 barrels worth is found (keep people from eating them), brew them into some kind of alcoholic beverage.  Any leftover time is to be spent cooking chicken eggs and any maggot milk into Dwarven Eggs, and, failing that, making beds from beams of wood, make sure Sandow doesn't get access to a bed.

If any animal or animal tracks are encountered, I am to try and hunt them down as best I can.

Since there are 4 days left, and I'm distractable, I provide 2 distractions for you to randomly sprinkle into my schedule as you see fit.

Distraction 1:  Create a wooden statue to Hipobis out of one of the logs for me to worship him at.

Distraction 2:  Contemplate the nature of life and death, now that I have first had experience with both, share my thoughts with Urist and Litast.

Inventory:  Personal Leather Armor, Crossbow, 1 Quiver with 10 bolts, backpack, shortsword and buckler
« Last Edit: January 03, 2011, 09:27:47 pm by V-Norrec »

Shade-o

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #2979 on: January 03, 2011, 10:01:58 pm »

There's no need to repost your schedule if you aren't changing anything, so you know.

Rolan7

• Bay Watcher
  • [GUE'VESA][BONECARN]
    • View Profile
« Reply #2980 on: January 04, 2011, 12:49:11 am »

"Nah, demonic hell bugs apparently don't stick around too long after you kill them and turn into ashes.  We brought back fragments of a crystal that was used to create some kind of portal though.  Who knows, we may be able to use those to transport one of us into a land filled with flowing milk and honey, or they might just be worthless gems, comparatively anyhow, now that they've been broken.  Urist was going to run some experiments on them and see if he couldn't figure anything out about what those crystals, and those hell bugs were."  I explain.  "How about a drink?  All this runnin' around hell has got me mighty thirsty."  I say offering a swing from my waterskin to Adil before taking a swig myself.

Accept the waterskin, relaxing as I take a drink, then passing it back  "Thanks.  I'm glad you're all okay.  I'll have to find some of these hell-bugs as you call them; whatever they are, they don't belong in my forest.  We were fortunate, nothing approached the camp while you were away, though I kept a careful watch.  Perhaps Aexiesoen is holding up the bargain!"

"There is something troubling me, though: I haven't heard from Kun for several days now.  I'm used to her ignoring me, but, I'm starting to wonder if something more sinister isn't happening.  Have you had similar difficulties of late?"
She/they
No justice: no peace.
Quote from: Fallen London, one Unthinkable Hope
This one didn't want to be who they was. On the Surface – it was a dull, unconsidered sadness. But everything changed. Which implied everything could change.

FuzzyZergling

• Bay Watcher
  • Zergin' erry day.
    • View Profile
« Reply #2981 on: January 04, 2011, 01:25:05 am »

Greet the returning party, ask about accomplishments, if any.

Ochita

• Bay Watcher
  • Doofus ghostus
    • View Profile
« Reply #2982 on: January 04, 2011, 01:29:10 am »

"About Kun... None of us can reach a god, Tholig can however and even then... Me and Norrec fought something more powerful then what most religions hold. So yes, we cant reach them now and so dont strain yourself tring to get to them. We can still offer thanks however."
princest zaldo of hurl kindom: the mushroom aren't going to choice itself, ochita

V-Norrec

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #2983 on: January 04, 2011, 01:33:21 am »

"I was able to contact Hipobis when I died, albeit that was a sort of special circumstance.  I'm hoping once we get some centers of worship set up, they will at least acknowledge our thanks letting us know they hear us.  I ask not for intervention, only for acknowledgment."

Ochita

• Bay Watcher
  • Doofus ghostus
    • View Profile
« Reply #2984 on: January 04, 2011, 01:42:35 am »

"I think that while the gods are very powerful I am interested on their reactions. Even in an area with little followers they must have felt ..The raw power from it all.... Norrec, we had destroyed something very powerful. Maybe when this magical interferance is gone glitgold will maybe want you to answer a couple of questions."
Pages: 1 ... 197 198 [199] 200 201 ... 249