A lot
- 1 (9.1%)
A ton
- 1 (9.1%)
All of it
- 3 (27.3%)

Total Members Voted: 11

Pages: 1 ... 18 19 [20] 21 22 ... 249

Author Topic: Cobalt Fortress: Days 48 onward: This is the spring of our discontent  (Read 143194 times)

Samthere

• Bay Watcher
  • RRRRRAAAAAAOR! <3
    • View Profile
Re: Dwarf Fortress: Cobalt Edition: Prologue: Orngim Trail
« Reply #285 on: November 10, 2010, 05:55:02 pm »

Gar: ...Chicken bite? Why would- wha- is it- ... CHICKEN BITE. Gar, after much internal fighting, decides against chicken bite and instead will have a go on the hammer strike. Using his keen eye for hammer-striking, gained from metalwork, he'll try find a weakspot in the machine and possibly shatter the whole structure, causing the bell to ring when it strikes the ground.

Ochita

• Bay Watcher
  • Doofus ghostus
    • View Profile
« Reply #286 on: November 10, 2010, 05:59:55 pm »

I shall go over to the food merchant, he seemed to be needing help or he is hiding something.
Quote from: Freeform
princest zaldo of hurl kindom: the mushroom aren't going to choice itself, ochita

CoughDrop

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #287 on: November 10, 2010, 06:03:03 pm »

I shall go over to the food merchant, he seemed to be needing help or he is hiding something.

Back off, bub. >_>
"It's one thing to feel that you are on the right path, but it's another to think yours is the only path."

Ochita

• Bay Watcher
  • Doofus ghostus
    • View Profile
« Reply #288 on: November 10, 2010, 06:05:25 pm »

but I can be useful by finding out from the animal keeper how to tame one, make it my pet and collect its chemicals. Please..
Quote from: Freeform
princest zaldo of hurl kindom: the mushroom aren't going to choice itself, ochita

CoughDrop

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #289 on: November 10, 2010, 06:10:35 pm »

Litast loves anthropods. I'm sorry, but could you please get your own quest?
"It's one thing to feel that you are on the right path, but it's another to think yours is the only path."

Shade-o

• Bay Watcher
  • It's my greatest creation yet!
    • View Profile
« Reply #290 on: November 10, 2010, 06:24:30 pm »

V-Norrec
You have a strange grudge against defenceless enemies. You finish off the goon after feeling your way to him, then find your crossbow back by the entrance, and grab a lantern from outside. You return with light, and discover that this warehouse has a modest collection of valuable goods. In particular, an anvil knocked him out. There are also racks of swords and other weapons, crates of ingots, and various other metal goods. There are no other people in the room.

Lillipad
Your squad tries to take advantage of its confusion, but the troll is flailing about even more than usual, making it impossible to approach. You settle for firing bolts at it, but even when you hit the erratic target it does little more than draw blood. The flames are starting to die down.
You're going to have to find some way of forcefully dislodging it, else it will board.

Samthere
You take a measured swing at the hammer-striker, and hit it perfectly. The whole mechanism overstresses and explodes, causing the bell to shoot up in the air, eventually landing with a loud clang. The stall owner is very annoyed that you broke his machine, and threatens you with carnie-revenge if you return.
Carnie Revenge is the worst kind.

Ochita
You attempt to include yourself, but the guard and someone else are in a deep and secretive conversation. You feel that this isn't your best option.

Coughdrop
The supervisor offers you a few barrels of your choice if you can get rid of the scarab, but if you make it explode, you're paying for the damaged goods. He has a suitable cage ready, but he hasn't been able to lure it in.
« Last Edit: November 10, 2010, 06:26:09 pm by Shade-o »
Apparently having a redundant creature entry causes the game to say, "Oh, look, it's crazy world now. Nothing makes sense! Alligators live in houses!"

Lillipad

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #291 on: November 10, 2010, 06:28:35 pm »

Have the recruits, captain, and crew push the troll back into the water with a large, heavy piece of cargo. Have them drag it back before it sinks us, and continue the assault on the troll that's on fire, and now probably drowning.
Quote from: BaerTaffy
If Adele covered Aerosmith, that would be my life right now.

Samthere

• Bay Watcher
  • RRRRRAAAAAAOR! <3
    • View Profile
« Reply #292 on: November 10, 2010, 06:30:46 pm »

Gar argues vocally with the stallkeeper. "If you didn't want it broken, don't tell me to use all my might! I won that fair and square! I'll help you put it back together for the next half hour if you'll give me my rightful prize!"

V-Norrec

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #293 on: November 10, 2010, 06:35:55 pm »

I'M RICH, I'M RICH!!!  Oh yeah, the dead body... hmmm.  Take him to the guard station, see if they know anything about him, who he's working for, or why he would be hiding in my warehouse trying to kill me.  Also stuff my back pack full of the most valuable metal there, preferably gold.

FuzzyZergling

• Bay Watcher
  • Zergin' erry day.
    • View Profile
« Reply #294 on: November 10, 2010, 06:37:46 pm »

I ask her if her master would be in need of a surgeon, for the mushroom-growing business has been fraught with peril recently.

CoughDrop

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #295 on: November 10, 2010, 06:42:50 pm »

"I think I can accept those terms," she says as she brushes past the guard and slowly takes in her new surroundings. Upon spotting the scarab, Litast kneels down and tries her best to show it that she is friendly.

Shade-o

• Bay Watcher
  • It's my greatest creation yet!
    • View Profile
« Reply #296 on: November 10, 2010, 06:46:28 pm »

Lillipad
You organise the crew and squad to push a large piece of cargo across the deck, for the purpose of ramming the troll. Tholtig has to be dragged out of the way. As the troll clambers on deck, it is met by a large crate which knocks it overboard. It grabs ahold of it though, and you're forced to release it. As the barge floats away, you see it climb on top of the crate and roar after you as it bobs in the water like a cork. A few bolts are launched as it fades into the darkness, but you know that it survived.

With the cargo damaged, the route blocked and still dangerous, and a recruit in critical condition, you have no choice but to return to port.

Samthere
The carnie is unimpressed by your offer and gives you one final warning before enacting Carnie Revenge.

V-Norrec
You manage to find a crate of gold bars, but you can only carry two due to their weight. The body is dragged to what looks like the guard station, where a weary looking captain is smoking a cigar. You explain how you came to entering the warehouse, and he dryly notes that interrogation would be much easier on a living person. He cannot identify the body, it being a common thug with no notoriety. He also examines the gold bars, and finds that they bear the stamp of the Royal Armoury, meaning that you don't actually own any of it.

FuzzyZergling
She contemplates for a moment and asks if you know how to fix a missing arm and leg.

Coughdrop
The supervisor watches nervously, chewing his nails. The glow scarab spots you and abandons the barrel of mshrooms that it had been sampling, disappearing around a shelf. You hear chittering sounds. It didn't seem scared, it just didn't like sharing.
Apparently having a redundant creature entry causes the game to say, "Oh, look, it's crazy world now. Nothing makes sense! Alligators live in houses!"

CoughDrop

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #297 on: November 10, 2010, 06:48:07 pm »

pssst Cm'ere! Cm'ere!   :-\

Samthere

• Bay Watcher
  • RRRRRAAAAAAOR! <3
    • View Profile
« Reply #298 on: November 10, 2010, 06:51:52 pm »

Gar: "Alright, I guess I'll help you fix it fer nothin', if you'll let me. Don't want any hard feelings between us. Dwarves strong as me oughta know their own strength, after all."
« Last Edit: November 10, 2010, 06:53:25 pm by Samthere »

V-Norrec

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #299 on: November 10, 2010, 06:52:58 pm »

"...b...b...but it's in my warehouse!  Can I at least get some compensation for holding the goods in my warehouse and defending them from thugs?"

Go back to my warehouse and cry bitter bitter tears of being so close to wealth but not actually having any.  Then grab 2 more gold bars and head to the shops.  I have a plan.
Pages: 1 ... 18 19 [20] 21 22 ... 249