A lot
- 1 (9.1%)
A ton
- 1 (9.1%)
All of it
- 3 (27.3%)

Total Members Voted: 11

Pages: 1 ... 188 189 [190] 191 192 ... 249

Author Topic: Cobalt Fortress: Days 48 onward: This is the spring of our discontent  (Read 143130 times)

V-Norrec

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: Cobalt Fortress: Days 14-18: Cave Of Doom
« Reply #2835 on: December 30, 2010, 03:51:26 pm »

Quarterstaff out, and get out of the cave, if there is magic coming from both above and below us in the cave, something tells me we're going to regret it if we're inside.  Try to find whatever made Shem scream.

Rolan7

• Bay Watcher
  • [GUE'VESA][BONECARN]
    • View Profile
« Reply #2836 on: December 30, 2010, 06:14:55 pm »

?

I'm implying that you're going to throw a stick at an invisible demonic beastie, and get the away party wiped :P
Leaving me as the only dwarf with any real military skill.
She/they
No justice: no peace.
Quote from: Fallen London, one Unthinkable Hope
This one didn't want to be who they was. On the Surface – it was a dull, unconsidered sadness. But everything changed. Which implied everything could change.

Shade-o

• Bay Watcher
  • It's my greatest creation yet!
    • View Profile
« Reply #2837 on: December 30, 2010, 09:41:49 pm »

Just for the record, if Tholtig attempted to touch the crystal I would have allowed everybody a roll to attempt to stop her.
Apparently having a redundant creature entry causes the game to say, "Oh, look, it's crazy world now. Nothing makes sense! Alligators live in houses!"

IronyOwl

• Bay Watcher
  • Nope~
    • View Profile
« Reply #2838 on: December 30, 2010, 10:03:56 pm »

Just for the record, if Tholtig attempted to touch the crystal I would have allowed everybody a roll to attempt to stop her.
:(
Quote from: Radio Controlled (Discord)
A hand, a hand, my kingdom for a hot hand!
The kitchenette mold free, you move on to the pantry. it's nasty in there. The bacon is grazing on the lettuce. The ham is having an illicit affair with the prime rib, The potatoes see all, know all. A rat in boxer shorts smoking a foul smelling cigar is banging on a cabinet shouting about rent money.

IronyOwl

• Bay Watcher
  • Nope~
    • View Profile
« Reply #2839 on: December 30, 2010, 10:46:16 pm »

Retreat from cave as well.
The kitchenette mold free, you move on to the pantry. it's nasty in there. The bacon is grazing on the lettuce. The ham is having an illicit affair with the prime rib, The potatoes see all, know all. A rat in boxer shorts smoking a foul smelling cigar is banging on a cabinet shouting about rent money.

Shade-o

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: Cobalt Fortress: Days 14-18: THEM!
« Reply #2840 on: December 30, 2010, 11:23:31 pm »

The whole group wisely vacates the cave to form up behind the campfire, so that their bodies do not block its light. Athor grabs the biggest burning piece of wood and hurls it in the direction he thinks the sound is coming from. The torch lands some distance away and flickers in the snow, revealing nothing. There is pause in the sound of movement, so the creature must have detected the torch, campfire or the people waiting at its hole.

The movement resumes, and it appears from the shadows!

It is a fearsome buglike thing, definitely not a natural denizen of this world. About the height of a dwarf, with chitinous plates forming a protective exoskeleton. It has a long body supported by six splayed legs ending in clawed feet, with two manipulating arms on the front. It has multifaceted eyes that gleam with the firelight, set above a grinning pincer jaw. It seems to be more bestial than intelligent, but appearances can be deceiving.

It pauses to look at the strange things at the entrance to its cave, tilting its head to the side slightly.
« Last Edit: December 30, 2010, 11:28:52 pm by Shade-o »
Apparently having a redundant creature entry causes the game to say, "Oh, look, it's crazy world now. Nothing makes sense! Alligators live in houses!"

IronyOwl

• Bay Watcher
  • Nope~
    • View Profile
« Reply #2841 on: December 30, 2010, 11:25:40 pm »

Wave at the bug in a friendly manner, then try to get everyone out of its way so it doesn't think we're blocking the cave on purpose.

dragonshardz

• Bay Watcher
  • [ETHIC:PONY:ACCEPTABLE]
    • View Profile
    • Steam Profile
« Reply #2842 on: December 31, 2010, 12:51:12 am »

Hooray for internet on cell phones. Also, get everyone out of the way of the bug - don't give them time to wave, just get them outta there. And then seal the cave. I am not going to allow anything else in or out.
« Last Edit: December 31, 2010, 12:54:36 am by dragonshardz »

Shade-o

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #2843 on: December 31, 2010, 12:56:42 am »

Seal the cave - how?

dragonshardz

• Bay Watcher
  • [ETHIC:PONY:ACCEPTABLE]
    • View Profile
    • Steam Profile
« Reply #2844 on: December 31, 2010, 12:58:57 am »

I'm a miner. what do you think?

Shade-o

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #2845 on: December 31, 2010, 01:04:42 am »

Well, you could try swinging at the walls and ceiling, but it would take quite a while to completely bury the entrance with just you and your pick-hammer. There are enough roots present to hold the soil together, so it won't collapse under its own weight.

Plus that thing is right there, and it probably won't be happy about your renovations.

« Last Edit: December 31, 2010, 02:00:37 am by Shade-o »

V-Norrec

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #2846 on: December 31, 2010, 01:40:29 am »

"What in hell spat that abomination out?"  I ask.  I consent only to moving to the side because I don't want to get anywhere near "close" to that... thing!

CoughDrop

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #2847 on: December 31, 2010, 02:08:55 am »

Litast remains standing in front of the cave entrance, staring down the creature. "Nobody attack." She says in a near-panicked voice.
"It's one thing to feel that you are on the right path, but it's another to think yours is the only path."

Shade-o

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #2848 on: December 31, 2010, 03:49:28 am »

The stare-down continues.

It sort of looks like a giant ant. But giant bugs existing in the wild is just plain ridiculous.
« Last Edit: December 31, 2010, 05:07:17 am by Shade-o »

Ochita

• Bay Watcher
  • Doofus ghostus
    • View Profile
« Reply #2849 on: December 31, 2010, 03:54:55 am »

"I suggest that for lack of a better term... We escape."
Quote from: Freeform
princest zaldo of hurl kindom: the mushroom aren't going to choice itself, ochita
Pages: 1 ... 188 189 [190] 191 192 ... 249