A lot
- 1 (9.1%)
A ton
- 1 (9.1%)
All of it
- 3 (27.3%)

Total Members Voted: 11

Pages: 1 ... 185 186 [187] 188 189 ... 249

Author Topic: Cobalt Fortress: Days 48 onward: This is the spring of our discontent  (Read 143178 times)

V-Norrec

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: Cobalt Fortress: Days 13-18: Cave Of Doom
« Reply #2790 on: December 28, 2010, 11:13:59 pm »

"That's actually not a bad idea, take a nearby rock and beat it against the wall of the cave, see what happens."  I instruct Tholtig.  While Tholtig does this, I'll tell Ochita Urist how to actually hold the sword and shield, and that he can also slash with a sword, not just stab.
« Last Edit: December 28, 2010, 11:16:29 pm by V-Norrec »

IronyOwl

• Bay Watcher
  • Nope~
    • View Profile
« Reply #2791 on: December 28, 2010, 11:14:44 pm »

Stand just inside the entrance and repeatedly bash it with a large rock. Listen intently afterwards.
Quote from: Radio Controlled (Discord)
A hand, a hand, my kingdom for a hot hand!
The kitchenette mold free, you move on to the pantry. it's nasty in there. The bacon is grazing on the lettuce. The ham is having an illicit affair with the prime rib, The potatoes see all, know all. A rat in boxer shorts smoking a foul smelling cigar is banging on a cabinet shouting about rent money.

Shade-o

• Bay Watcher
  • It's my greatest creation yet!
    • View Profile
« Reply #2792 on: December 28, 2010, 11:18:27 pm »

Tholtig takes a large rock and bashes it against the nearest part of the cave wall. It produces little noise against the earth, but causes some of the hardened soil to break off the wall.

Norrec attempts to instruct Urist in swashbuckling, but she knows barely anything about it herself. At least Urist won't impale himself. Probably.
Apparently having a redundant creature entry causes the game to say, "Oh, look, it's crazy world now. Nothing makes sense! Alligators live in houses!"

V-Norrec

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #2793 on: December 28, 2010, 11:20:47 pm »

"Well that was less than spectacular results.  I guess we just go in and hope for the best." I say leading the way, lantern in hand holding it above my head to illuminate as much area as possible.  Stop as soon as anything unusual is sighted, or movement is suspected.
« Last Edit: December 28, 2010, 11:24:06 pm by V-Norrec »

Shade-o

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #2794 on: December 28, 2010, 11:26:30 pm »

Athor is right here with a shortsword, heater shield, and fitting training, right?
Apparently having a redundant creature entry causes the game to say, "Oh, look, it's crazy world now. Nothing makes sense! Alligators live in houses!"

V-Norrec

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #2795 on: December 28, 2010, 11:28:27 pm »

yeah, he could probably show Ochita.  Make it so.

Shade-o

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #2796 on: December 28, 2010, 11:36:03 pm »

Athor corrects Urist's grip and gives some pointers on shielding and dodging. This is neither the time nor the place for drilling, however.

He also offers to go first, being the best equipped and trained.

V-Norrec

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #2797 on: December 28, 2010, 11:38:30 pm »

Sure, give him the lantern too so he can see in front of him.  I'll take the rear guard and keep an eye behind us to make sure we're not being followed.  ((the fact that this also saves my character from any insta-death is totally not also on my mind)

Shade-o

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #2798 on: December 28, 2010, 11:44:43 pm »

Athor wouldn't have any hands free, unless you want them to drop the sword or shield.

V-Norrec

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #2799 on: December 28, 2010, 11:48:43 pm »

oh, darn, I guess I'll go second then.

Shade-o

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #2800 on: December 29, 2010, 12:02:28 am »

So the group heads down into the earthy domain, Athor in the lead, followed by Shem and Norrec and then the rest.

In the cave it's a bit warmer, but still chilly. There seems to be some dampness in the floor from snow melting and flowing down the tunnel, so it might even flood during heavy rain.

The lantern provides a good amount of light, and so far there's been nothing but the occasional root or rock embedded in the earthy wall. The tunnel twists slightly while going gradually downward. There are no signs of debris from a creature living in it. The tunnel itself seems to have been a natural formation that has been expanded by digging.

The only sound is Tholtig humming some sort of song.

The tunnel eventually narrows and terminates somewhere just under the soil layer. The only notable feature is a fist-sized dark purple crystal embedded in the stony wall.

V-Norrec

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #2801 on: December 29, 2010, 12:11:02 am »

Ask Litast whether or not she can identify it while I try and figure out if it's the source of magic in the area.  Also examine the area to see if I can't figure out what was doing the digging.

Ochita

• Bay Watcher
  • Doofus ghostus
    • View Profile
« Reply #2802 on: December 29, 2010, 01:54:46 am »

DONT Grab the rock though several layers of clothing.
« Last Edit: December 29, 2010, 01:57:05 am by Ochita »
Quote from: Freeform
princest zaldo of hurl kindom: the mushroom aren't going to choice itself, ochita

Ochita

• Bay Watcher
  • Doofus ghostus
    • View Profile
« Reply #2803 on: December 29, 2010, 01:56:49 am »

"Oh god. Guys... I think this isn't any night creature... They were killed, by ... Demons..... Though these 'portals' the rock may be the enterance to one. Norrec, get away from here. I think it may react near you. You know, because of all of that magic scarring on you."
« Last Edit: December 29, 2010, 02:02:41 am by Ochita »
Quote from: Freeform
princest zaldo of hurl kindom: the mushroom aren't going to choice itself, ochita

Ahra

• Bay Watcher
  • Immoveable, Indestuctible
    • View Profile
« Reply #2804 on: December 29, 2010, 05:21:10 am »

ok i will smash that thing witg my shield if it tries something
And then the horror hits: This was just spring.
We are SOooooooooooooooooooooooooooooo fucked.
Quite fucked indeed.
Pages: 1 ... 185 186 [187] 188 189 ... 249