A lot
- 1 (9.1%)
A ton
- 1 (9.1%)
All of it
- 3 (27.3%)

Total Members Voted: 11

Pages: 1 ... 184 185 [186] 187 188 ... 249

Author Topic: Cobalt Fortress: Days 48 onward: This is the spring of our discontent  (Read 143226 times)

FuzzyZergling

• Bay Watcher
  • Zergin' erry day.
    • View Profile
Re: Cobalt Fortress: Days 13-18: Cave Of Doom
« Reply #2775 on: December 28, 2010, 05:31:38 pm »

And I'm back!

Kog will stay behind.

Shade-o

• Bay Watcher
  • It's my greatest creation yet!
    • View Profile
« Reply #2776 on: December 28, 2010, 06:22:25 pm »

Away Team:
dragonshardz
Ahra
V-Norrec
Ochita
IronyOwl
CoughDrop

Nirur Torir in charge of campsite.

Remember, Litast can command anyone else to come or stay.
« Last Edit: December 28, 2010, 06:37:53 pm by Shade-o »
Apparently having a redundant creature entry causes the game to say, "Oh, look, it's crazy world now. Nothing makes sense! Alligators live in houses!"

V-Norrec

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: Dwarf Fortress: Cobalt Edition: Chapter 1: Struck Earth: Days 13-18
« Reply #2777 on: December 28, 2010, 06:39:31 pm »

While the rest of the group prepares, grab my quarterstaff as well and pray to Hipobis for strength, courage, protection, and glory in his name.

Shade-o

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #2778 on: December 28, 2010, 06:52:04 pm »

Norrec explains to Kogan how they just have to follow the river up until a certain scarred tree, then follow the notches cut into the bark and sticks driven into the ground. The path will be visible for a while longer, at least.

Not long after dawn the group consisting of Shem, Litast, Norrec, Urist Tholtig and Athor disappeared into the forest, taking with them nearly all the camp's military equipment and a few other supplies. Fortunately, Shem remembered to bring a lantern and oil.

A short ways into the journey Tholtig tripped and rolled down a small hill, sending snow and dirt flying everywhere. While she tried to act as if nothing had happened and everybody else rolled their eyes and continued, Athor spotted something unearthed by her path. After a few moments of digging, he uncovered a backpack, still in good condition. In and around it was a collection of large Plump Helmets and three skins of wine, all preserved nicely from being buried in the cold ground.

After the rest of the group realised what he had found there was some active searching in the area, but nothing more could be found.
« Last Edit: December 28, 2010, 07:13:37 pm by Shade-o »
Apparently having a redundant creature entry causes the game to say, "Oh, look, it's crazy world now. Nothing makes sense! Alligators live in houses!"

Shade-o

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #2779 on: December 28, 2010, 07:20:25 pm »

After some more tedious travel along the river, the group reaches the first of the markers. Norrec confidently leads everyone into the woods, following the path set out less than a day ago. In the early afternoon Norrec announces that they are close, causing everyone to tense up. After creeping ahead to check, Norrec returns and confirms that the cave is still there.

V-Norrec

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #2780 on: December 28, 2010, 09:50:25 pm »

Lead group to cave, crossbow out and loaded.  Be ready for anything.

Shade-o

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #2781 on: December 28, 2010, 10:31:49 pm »

You're all outside the cave. It seems innocent enough, just an earthy slit in the side of a slight escarpment. The inside is pure darkness, naturally

The various magic-touched people in the group do feel something weird in the area, though.

FuzzyZergling

• Bay Watcher
  • Zergin' erry day.
    • View Profile
« Reply #2782 on: December 28, 2010, 10:34:29 pm »

I bet Night Creature.
Who else bets Night Creature?

V-Norrec

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #2783 on: December 28, 2010, 10:35:13 pm »

Take lantern and shine it into the cave, maybe we can get whatever is in there to come out, or see some features of the cave.

CoughDrop

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #2784 on: December 28, 2010, 10:37:45 pm »

Have throwing knives prepared. Don't throw if there's a possibility of hitting an ally, though.
"It's one thing to feel that you are on the right path, but it's another to think yours is the only path."

Ochita

• Bay Watcher
  • Doofus ghostus
    • View Profile
« Reply #2785 on: December 28, 2010, 10:44:20 pm »

Ready Shield. Try to disern the feeling.is it strong? Weak?
Quote from: Freeform
princest zaldo of hurl kindom: the mushroom aren't going to choice itself, ochita

Shade-o

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #2786 on: December 28, 2010, 10:52:24 pm »

Urist

You ready your buckler and shortsword, but you have no idea how these things work. I mean, you know you stick the sharp end in the enemy and you put the flat thing in front of  you, but that's about it. You try to feel more magical effects, but you only getting a tinge. You're magic-touched, not Urist the Second Magic Prophet.

Litast

You handle your knives in a cool motion. You also make sure Tholtig gets some. You successfully resist the urge to throw them at to her.

Norrec

You take the lantern and fill it with oil. Its flickery yellow light highlights all the details in the cave entrance. It actually looks quite deep, possibly going below the soil layer. No sign of monsters though.

IronyOwl

• Bay Watcher
  • Nope~
    • View Profile
« Reply #2787 on: December 28, 2010, 10:54:31 pm »

I bet Night Creature.
Who else bets Night Creature?
Quiet you, we'll be just fine.

Also HA, my inept bumbling has netted us food and drink! Take that, competent woodsmen!
Quote from: Radio Controlled (Discord)
A hand, a hand, my kingdom for a hot hand!
The kitchenette mold free, you move on to the pantry. it's nasty in there. The bacon is grazing on the lettuce. The ham is having an illicit affair with the prime rib, The potatoes see all, know all. A rat in boxer shorts smoking a foul smelling cigar is banging on a cabinet shouting about rent money.

Ochita

• Bay Watcher
  • Doofus ghostus
    • View Profile
« Reply #2788 on: December 28, 2010, 11:05:06 pm »

"Uh. Well from what I can tell Im only picking up a twinge... Still its unusal. Also, Norrec could you teach me a thing or two about these? Im afraid I will just be a really bad fighter."
Quote from: Freeform
princest zaldo of hurl kindom: the mushroom aren't going to choice itself, ochita

IronyOwl

• Bay Watcher
  • Nope~
    • View Profile
« Reply #2789 on: December 28, 2010, 11:11:32 pm »

"Look, it's a cave, something's going to pop out and eat us or it isn't. You want to knock first or just go in?"
Quote from: Radio Controlled (Discord)
A hand, a hand, my kingdom for a hot hand!
The kitchenette mold free, you move on to the pantry. it's nasty in there. The bacon is grazing on the lettuce. The ham is having an illicit affair with the prime rib, The potatoes see all, know all. A rat in boxer shorts smoking a foul smelling cigar is banging on a cabinet shouting about rent money.
Pages: 1 ... 184 185 [186] 187 188 ... 249